Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Oh for f**k's sake. Give it a rest, man.

This last tweet basically states that 21% of ALL Covid cases will result in damage to at least one vital organ. 

It is estimated that 7.7 million people in the UK have had Covid. By this chump's maths we should have over 1.6 million people in the UK suffering form organ damage. Yet no whiff of this sudden mass of organ damage in the news or the literature...

Figures from PHE on weeks 34-37 of the year...

The interesting thing for me is the two columns on the right of all tables. You are many times more likely to need the hospital or the morgue if you are unvaccinated.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by scottsdad

With Scotland recently being Europe’s Covid capital, despite having mandatory facemasks while our nearest and dearest neighbours to the South don’t, what’s the verdict?

1. Mandatory facemasks are a fcuking waste of time and Sturgeon knows it but cannot let them go.

2. Just think how fcuking bad it would have been if we hadn’t kept mandatory facemasks.

It has to be one of them. My money is on ‘1’.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

With Scotland recently being Europe’s Covid capital, despite having mandatory facemasks while our nearest and dearest neighbours to the South don’t, what’s the verdict?

1. Mandatory facemasks are a fcuking waste of time and Sturgeon knows it but cannot let them go.

2. Just think how fcuking bad it would have been if we hadn’t kept mandatory facemasks.

It is 1. The mask mandate is only there for political reasons - its effect on actual public health is minimal (as shown by our recent wave). 

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It is 1. The mask mandate is only there for political reasons - its effect on actual public health is minimal (as shown by our recent wave). 

Yup. After not going to the gym for over eighteen months, I returned a couple of weeks ago. No masks required while exercising, no social distancing, every machine in use. Everyone side by side on machines, sweating, breathing heavily. However, if you need to leave the gym to go for a pish, need a mask on to walk the ten yards from the gym to the lavvy.

Need a mask to walk the ten yards from the front door to the changing room. Sit in the cafe nursing a coffee for thirty minutes, don’t need a mask. I have watched folk in the gym. They enter, take their facemask off, shove it in their shorts or lycra leggings pockets - then the sweating, exercise, and puffing oot’ yer’ arse after five minutes (in my case) begins. Seen folk then extracting a clatty, sweaty facemask from their gym gear pocket and slap it over their fizzog. Seen folk doing floor exercises throw the facemask onto the gym floor, then again, slap a clatty facemask straight over their mouth.

It’s an absolute fcuking farce, simply beyond a joke. 

Edited by pozbaird

38 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This last tweet basically states that 21% of ALL Covid cases will result in damage to at least one vital organ. 

It is estimated that 7.7 million people in the UK have had Covid. By this chump's maths we should have over 1.6 million people in the UK suffering form organ damage. Yet no whiff of this sudden mass of organ damage in the news or the literature...

The actual lived experience of doctors along with their lack of outrage at the amount of organ-damaged long covid patients is clearly flawed because Deepti Gurdasani disagrees with it. 

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

How much overweight and in how much higher risk? Is it a sliding scale? What are my chances being a 53 year old fat c**t (BMI of 27.7).

What odds of survival would you give me? 

Overweight and the wrong side of 50?  You'll be giving Darth Vader impressions in no time.

There are hundreds https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/green#list-of-test-providers
Most of the cheap ones don't have any available or you have to live next door or something. I found this straightforward https://covid.randox.com/day-2-vaccinated-or-unvaccinated/ at £43. I wouldn't book it until a few days before returning, they might drop it to an LFT from PCR at anytime in October, which should be cheaper. I don't think you'll need any test before flying out to Portugal but they haven't made it crystal clear yet, they say something about "depending on reciprocal arrangements" about accepting non EU vaccine certificates. 
Got mine though Chronomics - discounted as we are flying with Tui - £20 each. One's already been delivered the other hasn't but not caring as I have been emailed the codes for the Passenger Locator Form.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Given it comes into play at midnight, that’s a piss take IMO.

It's actually 5am in the morning it takes effect, but your point stands. I presume that's so people can have the last night tonight without one as a nightclub is classified as opening until 5am.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

It is 3. The public aren't following the mask mandate

58 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am 6'4". If I was 11 stone or so, I'd blow away in a high wind. 

I'm 6"2 and was similarly shocked when I saw what represented the lower end of healthy for my height. 

I was about ten and a half stone when I was 17 and I would say I was too skinny then. I'd look utterly terrible now were I to drop to that. 

i don't care about the headline, the article more that gets its it right when you spend more than 5 minutes in this shithouse of a thread

There is barely a soul in this thread who is antivax - Detournement is the only poster in here who I'd say that applies to.