Coronavirus (COVID-19)

50 deaths fuck me.

In terms of the deaths number, we do have to once more be aware of the definition of covid deaths here.

Even if covid had completely stopped killing anyone (which I'm aware isn't the case), with the sheer volume of cases in the last 28 days, surely by far the biggest of any 28 day period in the entire pandemic, there are bound to be some deaths in that group for other reasons.

The total number of cases in that period must be over 100,000 people unless I've fucked my calculations. That's 2% of Scotland.

33 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well, theres the whole point that especially in school holiday times English airports/major hubs tend to be cheaper. Take Florida because that’s where I do most of my travel, on average (and yes there are exceptions), im about £150-250 pp cheaper. Its less hassle now, but the damage has kinda already been done in terms of Scottish airports. 

They provide a decent service, not sure how much of that they’ve absorbed from the hotel owners? Ive looked at the flight price aspect of their packages etc and they remain the best value for money in european travel terms. 

First time booked a package in 20+ years but I was impressed with the service provided, just maybe not at next year's price which was not being shared with the owners of the apartments much to his displeasure. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You just need the Turks to get their arses in gear now. :rolleyes:

The Turks who were kept on the Red List while infested countries were amber mmmmm

I think they will be unlikely to relax their entry requirements for us Brits 

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The Turks who were kept on the Red List while infested countries were amber mmmmm

I think they will be unlikely to relax their entry requirements for us Brits 

They're keen to get the tourists back though, and they're on the EU digital certificate scheme so will be able to come in here with just the day 2 LFT.

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average   302.0 to 312.6 up 3.51%, England  264.8 to 277.1 up 4.65%, Wales 567.1 to 589.3 up 3.91%, Northern Ireland   431.2 to 432.0 up 0.19%   Scotland 440.0 Down 3.87%

Cases high at 35,623

England clearly now in wave 4

Wales number 2 in the world and knocking close at top spot.

Deaths: 180     England 120, Scotland 50, Wales 2,  Northern Ireland 8

Our proportion being far higher than it should clearly shows we are I would say 4 weeks ahead of the rest of the UK.

Does anyone know if the UKG have confirmed a date for the change in day 2 test from PCR to LFT. Looks like the fit to fly LFT goes from 4 October but can't see any date for the end of day 2 PCRs ? The SG statement today suggests it's yet to be confirmed but given the furore when it was "announced" I assumed it had a definitive date. I can't see one anywhere and with school holidays imminent for many it will be important.

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Does anyone know if the UKG have confirmed a date for the change in day 2 test from PCR to LFT. Looks like the fit to fly LFT goes from 4 October but can't see any date for the end of day 2 PCRs ? The SG statement today suggests it's yet to be confirmed but given the furore when it was "announced" I assumed it had a definitive date. I can't see one anywhere and with school holidays imminent for many it will be important.

Still to be worked out.

Shortage of LFT!s with private providers.

BTW - did you get your fuel today?

44 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

London say they want it ready for the English October break, whenever that is. No set date yet, though it won't make a whole lot of difference unless they get the price of LFTs right down. You can get a PCR test for £40-50 and LFTs are usually around £30, and it's exactly the same procedure. Don't know why, because in Portugal they only swab the nostrils but here it's the full tonsil gagging experience like PCRs.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So you dont know or check the source of the stuff you post on here then?

Colour me surprised. 

No, I don't check every non-controversial tweet that appears on my Twitter feed. Especially because it has also been liked by someone like Alasdair Munro, one of the best and most rational voices on Covid in the UK. Clearly he also has no idea who 'Peter Sweden' is/was.

Guess that will be him labelled a far-right sympathiser now! Jason Leitch better unfollow him and tell Sturgeon not to cite his research anymore!

20210924-180605.jpg

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

50 deaths f**k me.

The usual caveats around figures, but we really are a deeply, deeply unhealthy nation.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I Cannot Help But Notice That This Guy Capitalises All His Words! And Uses Lots Of Exclamation Marks! Is He Trying To Spread An Alarm?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNyI2Ge88vv-WNhBPHMw3

Better tell Dame Sarah - what would she know!

Dont know if anyone has been following the hysteria over the 3 unvaccinated Strictly come dancing professionals (and to a lesser extent the 2/3 of EFL players unvaccinated). Some of the takes from the public are wild to say the least. It's disgusting how covid has made everyone need/want to know about others vaccine status.

Personally I couldnt care less who's been dunted or not. It certainly wouldnt change my opinion of someone. If you're double vaccinated then you shouldn't be worried about who's standing beside you sans vaccine. Just my opinion but I hate the way the public have acted over a fcking vaccine and the superiority some feel over being double dosed 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If this hasn't been run past Linda Bauld, it can't be taken seriously

Tbh rather than Linda Bauld, that Jillian Evans from NHS Aberdeenshire seems to be the chief knicker wetter / fear peddler at the moment.

She’s never off Radio Scotland just now saying we all need to lock down cause the NHS can’t cope and if we don’t… VaRiAnTs!!11