Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What about the sheer crassness of the EIS.
Want schools to close a week early so their members can plan their holiday without fear of interruption.
How out of touch are unions these days ?:
They said Friday which is 2 and a half days.

Next week will be a washout even if we do open - I think parents will start keeping their children off from this week.

“My heart breaks for hospitality businesses, for food supply businesses, who’d stocked up for Christmas and have had this sort of sucker-punch so close to Christmas,” she said.
“So, we are looking at whether there is steps the Scottish Government can take to help with that, but we have a much bigger issue right now and it’s been raised in four nations discussions in recent days by myself, Wales and Northern Ireland.
“The UK funding arrangements are not fit for purpose because we can’t borrow at our own hand, we’ve got to look to the UK Government, but they only make funding available when they take decisions.”
Didn’t she tell workplaces to cancel their christmas parties in the first place? 

Good to see she still cares so much. I'm sure that'll cover the losses these businesses have had to suffer and will continue to pay the bills over Christmas.

21 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Didn’t she tell workplaces to cancel their christmas parties in the first place? 

She is a pathological liar and surrounded by an assortment of cuckolded sycophants.
If anything, if shows a flaw in our electoral system and an incredible lack of any credible opposition, when she is allowed to operate a semi- dictatorship and a total disregard to the immediate economic health of the nation; all in the pursuit of her vanity and desperate need for independence, otherwise her followers may well turn on her.

Tbh it’s no different down south and who could have predicted a pandemic would have been hijacked on all sides of the UK for political preservation.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Was meant to be going to a Del Amitri concert on Sunday that the wife got tickets for due to it being for NHS staff. Its just been cancelled. Possibly foreshadowing whats to come. 

Think they said on STV news they are looking at limiting indoor events. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve just been trying to book a booster jab. There’s literally no appointments. They’ve got absolutely no chance of vaccinating everyone by the end of the month. What a ridiculous target. 

Yep, there's nothing in Aberdeen City until the new year by the looks of it. One unexpected bonus of going to Links Park on Saturday (provided tomorrow's announcement doesn't stuff that, natch)  is that there were plenty appointments down there, so got that booked.

FWIW, NHS Grampian Twitter feed is usually quite good at announcing your chances at Shire drop ins/short notice call ups/etc

Edited by Scorge

10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t want any restrictions but surely it would make more sense to require a negative test for indoor events rather than shut them completely?

The issue is, I think, that the government realises that folk are going to try and circumvent the testing and any half measure will simply be ignored.  So they’re going to go the whole hog and shut or severely limit these events. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

The issue is, I think, that the government realises that folk are going to try and circumvent the testing and any half measure will simply be ignored.  So they’re going to go the whole hog and shut or severely limit these events. 

If they do, the rebirth of the illegal rave is on.

No way young adults at the least risk are just going to accept again having f**k all to do in what should be the prime of their lives.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve just been trying to book a booster jab. There’s literally no appointments. They’ve got absolutely no chance of vaccinating everyone by the end of the month. What a ridiculous target. 

Treat yourself to a day out in Dundee. Loads here