Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sturgeon has gone so far opposed to the tory stance that shes become a parody. Just desperate to ‘care more’ f**k sake Nicola a rock cares more than the tories. 
Hopefully she just resigns and gets to f**k and Humza goes with her. 

Ooft, that’s a superb way of putting it.

Am I right in saying that if the UK government repeals the coronavirus act in March, the powers that were temporarily devolved to Holyrood would go back to Westminster and thus the Scottish Government wouldn’t be able to mandate face coverings anymore? 

How does she equate “learning to live with it “ as being the same as people thinking we are gonna just wake up one day thinking “oh we don’t have to worry about this anymore” . a slightly ironic statement considering her own government and its band of hangers on were still chasing the zero Covid fantasy not too long ago In the grand scheme of things 

learning to live with it means accepting it is here and as is part of our life like every other risk and illness which we were allowed to factor into our daily life choices and decision making back in those hazy days of pre March 2020

"Not have to do anything to try to contain and control it" is the type of "must be seen to do something" stuff the Granny Dangers of the world lap up.

I don't think it's too radical to suggest that NS has become a little too fixated on optics.

As for her suggestion that there won't come a time where we wake up and think we don't need to worry about it anymore then this is a rather damning insight into how detached from reality she has become - large swathes of the population are already there.

The only "adaptation to pre-pandemic life" I'll be doing longer-term is not voting SNP.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Celtic Connections aren't doing a great job at communicating the cancelled shows to their ticket holders.

I was going to Twilight Sad and some other shows, still no word from Celtic Connections on any of them.

James Graham has put this tweet out, I can't really fault him in any way for this point of view under his circumstances. Hopefully they'll be good to go for the Barrowlands in April (cancelled show from 2020!).

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

"Not have to do anything to try to contain and control it" is the type of "must be seen to do something" stuff the Granny Dangers of the world lap up.

I don't think it's too radical to suggest that NS has become a little too fixated on optics.

As for her suggestion that there won't come a time where we wake up and think we don't need to worry about it anymore then this is a rather damning insight into how detached from reality she has become - large swathes of the population are already there.

The only "adaptation to pre-pandemic life" I'll be doing longer-term is not voting SNP.

She’s overseen a fantastically successful vaccination programme - I don’t get why she doesn’t consider this as “doing something” when it’s the single most important mitigation that’s been made.

4 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

She’s overseen a fantastically successful vaccination programme - I don’t get why she doesn’t consider this as “doing something” when it’s the single most important mitigation that’s been made.

Because it's in the past, and therefore isn't a daily reminder to everyone that she still really cares.

Look at her facial expressions in that STV clip. Those are not the expressions of someone happy that covid is fizzling out.

Because it's in the past, and therefore isn't a daily reminder to everyone that she still really cares.
Look at her facial expressions in that STV clip. Those are not the expressions of someone happy that covid is fizzling out.
After all this time and sacrifice, why cant the people of Scotland be part of the objectively good news that omicron is hastening the end of this mess......

Responding to a question on Good Morning Scotland about the peak of the Omicron variant happening earlier than thought and whether restrictions on the night-time industry and large sporting events could be lifted, he said: "I don't think it's earlier than we predicted, I think it's exactly when we predicted.

"If you look at the modelling, we said mid to late January for the peak.

image.png.cfea5ba7cfc8d813855bc9188ef03df8.png

I can't tell anymore if this man is just a pathological liar, thinks we are too stupid to interpret the data, or both.

Screenshot_20220110-202929_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-202946_Opera.jpg

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

This concerns me (the implication as previously that masks will be with us in the "longer term".

I dinny give a f**k about wearing a face covering tbf, a big whitever if they continue to be recommended (and ignored by most) long term.  

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Responding to a question on Good Morning Scotland about the peak of the Omicron variant happening earlier than thought and whether restrictions on the night-time industry and large sporting events could be lifted, he said: "I don't think it's earlier than we predicted, I think it's exactly when we predicted.

"If you look at the modelling, we said mid to late January for the peak.

image.png.cfea5ba7cfc8d813855bc9188ef03df8.png

I can't tell anymore if this man is just a pathological liar, thinks we are too stupid to interpret the data, or both.

Screenshot_20220110-202929_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-202946_Opera.jpg

He actually got quite annoyed during the interview when they suggested the modelling was wrong. He even went back to it later on to repeat that it was exactly as he had predicted, so it’s option a - pathological liar.

10 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
  • I raised very serious concerns with vaccine passports, in terms of their use, their discriminatory nature and the various domino affect repercussions that come with them. I also again raised this as another example of a shan policy cooked up in Holyrood left to private business to deal with. I raised the very real issue of ScotGov simply saying “aye but France etc are doing it” without considering why (France’s vaccine uptake was a lot lower than UK’s, and in that manner it did work). I stated clearly that this is the exact kind of policy that needs to be backed up by concrete data. And I asked when this, along with masks, will be fired into the bin. He was unable to tell me, but agreed that they cannot remain a part of the fabric of our society long term. Whilst I said they needed binned now because of the clear uselessness in the face of omicron, this was noted, and will also be raised at the covid committee should he have time (each MSP seems to only get around 5-6 minutes to question Swinney and Leitch at these things). On masks I’ve ranted about this many many times with him so we didn’t go too in depth but again, along with masks, he is hoping to raise this issue.

thanks for the big post mate but sorry this is falling into the same idiotic trap of the last two years - 'the science' rules all

ethics, constitution, liberty, and a hundred knock on effects are all as important as 'the science' and 'the data'

hand over 'as long as theres concrete data' to these psychopaths and you get the last two years forever

25 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

He actually got quite annoyed during the interview when they suggested the modelling was wrong. He even went back to it later on to repeat that it was exactly as he had predicted, so it’s option a - pathological liar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59729194

id they pull him up on his 60 to 600 deaths a day in Scotland?