Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you are suffering chest pains you need to be going to a hospital not your GP.

Or dialling 999.

Paramedics bring equipment with them which can perform ECGs or EKGs or whatever it is called as far as I remember.

You really shouldn't be sitting this one out.

If it’s sudden onset chest pain then yes absolutely. For mild discomfort in the chest, at intermittent times I was told to visit the GP (who then told me they thought my cardiac health was fine).

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Do we think indoor gigs will be back to normal too (with vaccine passports of course)?

Someone mentioned the ice hockey in an earlier post and tbh the 3 Scottish professional clubs need their crowds back every bit as much if not more than some football clubs. Here’s hoping they get indoor events back today too, or I fear ice hockey in Scotland will be in a very difficult position, especially considering teams in their own league have full capacity in England.

4 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Someone mentioned the ice hockey in an earlier post and tbh the 3 Scottish professional clubs need their crowds back every bit as much if not more than some football clubs. Here’s hoping they get indoor events back today too, or I fear ice hockey in Scotland will be in a very difficult position, especially considering teams in their own league have full capacity in England.

Surely nuance has to come in here.

Aren't large indoor venues, with air conditioning sweeping through it, a fairly decent replica of an outdoor environment? (Genuine Q - have no idea)

13 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Aren't large indoor venues, with air conditioning sweeping through it, a fairly decent replica of an outdoor environment? (Genuine Q - have no idea)

I see you're new here. 

32 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Do we think indoor gigs will be back to normal too (with vaccine passports of course)?

No. If they were then I don't see why the whisky festival would have waited till last Friday to postpone their event at SWG3 next Sat.

They'll have had notice that capacity restrictions, bans on vertical drinking and distancing between groups will be remaining in place.

No. If they were then I don't see why the whisky festival would have waited till last Friday to postpone their event at SWG3 next Sat.
They'll have had notice that capacity restrictions, bans on vertical drinking and distancing between groups will be remaining in place.

Nobody has any notice of anything. The SPFL didn't have a clue as of yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I like this bit:

Mark Woolhouse, professor of infectious disease epidemiology at Edinburgh University, told BBC Scotland on Monday that there was a "complete lack of necessity to keep us indoors" because "the virus does not transmit outdoors".

He added: "Somehow, through the scientific advisory systems and the politicians, this didn't get translated into public health action.

"As a result we all spent a lot of time having our activities curtailed for very little effect and far too long in my view."

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The language used was also infuriating. The only definition of "living with covid" she will listen to is her own.

She is desperate to maintain the reputation the 'Independent SAGE' nutters have of her. Such a total weirdo.

40 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Can't believe my head might be staying on today. Was fully prepared for a 2 to 3 week miserable extension.

Even if she chucks some scraps back our way it's still a fucking disgrace what is being done to indoor venues, and hospitality and leisure. When is all the ludicrously pointless theatre like plastic screens, 'test and protect' and masks getting launched into the fucking sun. England will be ending the need for this utter shite in a mere fortnight.

26 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I'm not a scientician but I did read something saying the humidity in an ice rink meant the droplets were too dense for covid to hang about in the air and they drop to the ground or something to that effect. 

Our guidance at work has been mechanical ventilation that brings in outside air, as opposed to recycling internal air, is the best option. One of the issues with many council buildings, including schools, is they are old or built to cheapest spec possible and so their air con just recycles internal air. Although, again not a scientist, the dispersal having been round the system must do something. 

The difficulty Sturgeon has today is removing any restrictions she imposed pre-Christmas when cases and hospitalisations are significantly higher than when she brought them in, without it looking like she's admitting she was wrong.
So if she does remove some restrictions it's going to be interesting to see how she presents that.
She has already leaned heavily on science to get out of the embarassing 10 day isolation hole she dug herself. I wonder if she'll use the threat of future re-imposition to distract from her obvious mistake on football crowds.
When all this is done and dusted, I hope we never elect another control freak like her to FM in my lifetime.
As plenty have (rightly) moaned about previously the SGs metric has always been case numbers with hospital and ICU largely ignored so it will be consistent enough for them to use that stat to merit lifting the football restrictions. I'm at the stage I really don't care what their reasoning is for lifting any restrictions as long as they do. Way beyond getting hot under the collar about any restrictions being removed.

21 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Sturgeon's anti ice hockey agenda is plain for all to see. She's been bitter ever since the Ayr Scottish Eagles went bust.

Nonsense and Tories also love it.

image.jpeg.80fe065f92f54df52868ec1fdefe4b1d.jpegSlapstick to slapshot: Nicola Sturgeon has altercation with SNP-branded  balloon while Ruth Davidson shows off ice hockey skills - Daily Record

Edited by superbigal

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Nobody has any notice of anything. The SPFL didn't have a clue as of yesterday.

There's obviously no way to tell for sure, but there's a difference between not having any notice and not being able to let on you do.

I don't believe for a second, though, that they have waited out the entire period since the restrictions were announced only to axe their event four days before today's announcement for no reason.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There's obviously no way to tell for sure, but there's a difference between not having any notice and not being able to let on you do.

I know a couple of people involved in the SPFL and at clubs, and they definitely didn't know either way. It's most likely that the whisky festival simply decided to pre-emptively cancel because it would be cheaper to do so now than wait until next week.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm on a group within my sector that meets with the Scottish Government to develop national guidance for that sector. 

We all find out when parliament finds out. There is no advance notice.

Sometimes you will get a strong hint to expect something eg in the lead to Xmas we were all told new regulations would come in, but you don't get the details in advance of parliament (press and opposition will get an embargoed version same day).

My evidence of this is my having made the wrong shout about just about every move the govt might make over the last 2 years. 

Edited by invergowrie arab