Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It says up to a maximum of £5.5 million and probably less. A fair chunk of the budget would have been necessary for the travel part of the app anyway. The domestic part probably encouraged a few souls to get vaccinated, so wasn't a total loss.

I reckon Sturgeon could march into your living room and piss all over your chips and you'd say "ach, my dinner didn't taste great anyway". Bizarre you can't just let valid criticism pass.

If social media is any indicator, in some cases it will undoubtedly be strong pressure from their parents. Twitter awash with people saying their kids are going to be told to keep wearing them.
Disagree in my circumstances.
Every time i have not worn a mask recently when I should my son has had a pop at me.
The kids seem to have been indoctrinated somewhere along the line at school.
Like they had been educated in Russia or China.
Good news is he ditched his mask yesterday.

Is Covid going to go the way of how all other news stories go, fade into the background when the next big thing happens?  I'm talking Brexit to Covid to Ukraine being a recent example.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I reckon Sturgeon could march into your living room and piss all over your chips and you'd say "ach, my dinner didn't taste great anyway". Bizarre you can't just let valid criticism pass.

Just my helpful, friendly fact checking service. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I’m flying from Glasgow to Luton tomorrow for a lovely day’s work in Watford

I can’t keep track of all the pish so does anyone know if I need anything other than a mask, ID and boarding pass?

You’ll need a stab proof vest. 

23 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I’m flying from Glasgow to Luton tomorrow for a lovely day’s work in Watford. 

I can’t keep track of all the pish so does anyone know if I need anything other than a mask, ID and boarding pass?

Pick up a Luton top for your travels.

I was on EasyJet this weekend from Gatwick and would say there is a sizeable minority stopped wearing masks even in the terminal too, however the airline have a serious “hard on” for masks. 
Make sure you buy a drink, either on board or take a water/ juice on with you. Drink it slowly, have a biscuit or similar and you’ll get to Luton with a mask hardly on your face. 

I'm raging at those that seek to draw a false equivalence and I call upon on all of my compadres to meet at high noon at Falcon Square. We shall assemble, honour those with graphs and in a show of solidarity to the cause, we'll have a mask off march through the Eastgate Centre. 

FMy-Sa9X0Aktao0.jpeg

As said a few days ago, what a time to be alive…who would have predicted at the start of the year (when we were losing our minds with Xmas restrictions and masks etc) that World War 3 would have come along and basically kicked covid well into the long grass. 

At least we’ll not be getting Sturgeon and her usual cohorts gibbering on about keeping us safe etc whilst there is a real risk of Nuclear Armageddon! Silver linings and all that etc…

8 minutes ago, deegee said:

As said a few days ago, what a time to be alive…who would have predicted at the start of the year (when we were losing our minds with Xmas restrictions and masks etc) that World War 3 would have come along and basically kicked covid well into the long grass. 

At least we’ll not be getting Sturgeon and her usual cohorts gibbering on about keeping us safe etc whilst there is a real risk of Nuclear Armageddon! Silver linings and all that etc…

it's shite that it's taken a war with all the death and misery that brings to put this into perspective tbh

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

it's shite that it's taken a war with all the death and misery that brings to put this into perspective tbh

Absolutely. This is not the time for even thinking about covid enquiries and detailed investigations into the past two years; actions, consequences, successes and failures on all levels but at some time that say of reckoning will come.

As you say, it’s beyond belief we have a European war on our doorstep and watching bombing and killing that has put perspective on all nations’ dragged out covid measures