Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Who is it that you are shouting at?

This is bonkers.  

It's reminiscent of those made up stories you'd get about how you can't say blackboard anymore, or call Christmas, Christmas.

You guys are searching really hard for witches you can continue to burn, even though for most people, it's all thankfully drawing to a close.

A group of us got hassle from strangers on the train last weekend for going maskless and drinking. Happens semi regularly too.

Might just have been incredibly unlucky on these occasions to encounter the tiny minority who bother about these things, or it might be that there’s a decent chunk of people who still feel the need to lecture folk?

Equally, the sanctimonious c***s who’ve spoken down to the rest of us for two years now (whether they’re still preaching or not) can’t really complain about getting it rubbed in their faces about being wrong for a while yet. Shouldn’t dish it out if they can’t take it back….

6 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Equally, the sanctimonious c***s who’ve spoken down to the rest of us for two years now (whether they’re still preaching or not) can’t really complain about getting it rubbed in their faces about being wrong for a while yet. Shouldn’t dish it out if they can’t take it back….

Deary me! Yet more foul mouthed aggression.

You'd think you guys would be happier right now as things normalise, but it's not what I'm seeing.

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's my patience gone as well.

No problem with contrarian opinions but constant trolling over months without adding a single post of content isn't something I'm interested in.

Hate putting people on ignore but Monkey Tennis is now in my ignore list alongside Meldrew.

Meldrew got banned months ago, so he's there on his own. 

That's my son tested positive for Covid.  My wife had it six weeks ago.  I remain uninfected, my immune system conquers all.  Bow before me viruses of all stripes for I slay thee without hesitation.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That could also just mean more Scots are still reporting their positive result, whereas the other nations are just getting on with life.

Even Deepti agrees - "case numbers" are nonsense nowadays.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That could also just mean more Scots are still reporting their positive result, whereas the other nations are just getting on with life.

The ONS figures are taken from testing random samples of the population in each part of the UK. They are not affected by people reporting tests.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Judging by this thread, you could well be right.

Everyone and their dog seems to be testing themselves.

46 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

The ONS figures are taken from testing random samples of the population in each part of the UK. They are not affected by people reporting tests.

Yes, this is correct. The reason the figures are showing higher case rates in Scotland is because there are higher case rates in Scotland, not anything else.