Coronavirus (COVID-19)

52 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well of course.

1,500 scientists lift the lid on reproducibility | Nature

Kudos for the sarcasm though. Nice touch. 😀

It's from a brief questionnaire which can be used to give all sorts answers depending on your agenda.

I'm currently getting screwed over at my work from a brief questionnaire that was used by the director to get her vision put through by the board.  Quite remarkable what she managed to ascertain from the answers given.

Edited by Loonytoons

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Data from self-reported questionnaires can be filed straight in the bin, when it comes to research unfortunately.

This is the basis of much of the long covid research that is going on. 

On 16/03/2022 at 11:05, oaksoft said:

The magic masks nonsense keeps gathering momentum. Here's a bunch of clowns trying to claim they reduce infection by 72%.

Honestly at this point the claims are getting so outlandish that it's almost worth just laughing.

Mandatory masking in schools reduced COVID-19 cases during Delta surge | National Institutes of Health (NIH)

Do you remember this? 
712476FB-4BFA-4187-BDC2-EE910872D5EE.thumb.jpeg.6614dacb5e98d4b10a71f8ba7b50172c.jpeg

A nm is 1/1,000,000,000m, so 50nm is 50/1,000,000,000m, or 1/20,000,000m. Multiply by 500,000 gives 1/40m or 25mm.

So, aye, if the 50nm information is correct, the holes would need to be 2.5cm. Larger holes than (intact) fishnet stockings, in other words.

Now, how big is New Zealand and how big is an average fish?

You asked me if it was peer-reviewed.
It's published in Nature.
If you want to change the goalposts, that's up to you.

I've not moved any goal posts. I posed a question and you answered with added detail.
I responded to the added detail.

2 years into this and the SG still can't seem to fathom that large increases in cases means the spike is over quicker.  How can they not get this? Who the utter fuck is advising them?  Can they not work that out themselves?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

A 32.5% week on week drop today I see. The latest bed shitting excercise looks like the most minterry of many minters to date for the SG's Care More policy.

Still... peak in a few weeks eh?

image.png.b095f9d5a064363eea18c91196102877.png

They're honestly not fit to run a parish council. Risible.

Meanwhile, England and other places will see this latest fluctuation out without any bed pissing whatsoever.

Mind when the Twitter crazies had the knives out for Denmark a wee while back? Now just look at them compared to the many places who just take it so much more seriously. Hopefully Devi sticks it in her next book.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If they had published data between 12th and 15th they'd have seen a clear trend back downwards.

Looks like hospitalisations are levelling out as well.

I wonder how high the rate of incidental hospital admissions is up to these days.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's an almost carbon copy of the mistake they made at Christmas.

They make the big bed-shitting announcement pretty much on the same day cases start dropping.

I think that is part of the plan. That way they can say afterwards the cases fell as a result of their proportionate action.

Aye. It’s definitely intentional. Maybe I’m not giving them enough credit here. They know exactly when cases will spike and announce restrictions will continue on that date.