Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Those headlines don't match the articles.

The notion that she'd be bringing in more covid restrictions is absolutely laughable, and not something I imagine anyone thought was on the table.

As, to be fair, are these wet wipes who would push for face masks being retained ahead of every review forever regardless of any data.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Those headlines don't match the articles.
The notion that she'd be bringing in more covid restrictions is absolutely laughable, and not something I imagine anyone thought was on the table.
As, to be fair, are these wet wipes who would push for face masks being retained ahead of every review forever regardless of any data.
There's a ferry difficult issue needing attention diverted away from though.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Parts of China back in strict lockdown again.

And to think, some influential scientists in this country think this is the country to follow on covid response. 😆

Reality finally arriving. We've already seen in Hong Kong what happens when you bottle a problem up, coupled with shan vaccines.

40 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I just cannot take these *utter psychopaths* seriously. I mean really, who are they trying to fool when looking at *1 in 11* people in Scotland having Covid and then think 'masks work'. Just take yourself so far to f**k.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Worked in social care during the whole pandemic, never had to isolate, never tested positive yet worked with someone directly while he was positive.

50 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Judging by my Scotrail experience yesterday 'we' is an increasingly small group.

Pretty busy train to and from Dumbarton and could count on one hand the number of people still wearing them. People have already started to make their own minds up. Removing or extending the legal mandate is going to have a fairly limited impact on overall mask use.

I suspect the Scottish Government know that by this stage though.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Got the shopping delivered earlier today. Picked up the baskets of stuff from the front door to take them in and empty them but not before the delivery driver asked if there was "any Covid in the hoose" while standing about 10ft from the front door.

I had to ask him to repeat what he said as I fail to see why mine or my wife's current medical status is in anyway relevant to an Asda delivery driver. Maybe the lack of meaningful football this weekend has led to me having to find something else to rant about but I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't chapping folk's doors pre-2020 and asking if there was any cold / flu / any other respiratory virus "in the hoose".

I was getting that from the Sainsburys delivery drivers a couple of months back but not had anything since. One officious driver told me I couldn't take the basket inside the house and so I had to empty it at the front door. First world problems right enough, but a pain in the arse.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I was getting that from the Sainsburys delivery drivers a couple of months back but not had anything since. One officious driver told me I couldn't take the basket inside the house and so I had to empty it at the front door. First world problems right enough, but a pain in the arse.

I hope when you were taking the things out the basket you coughed profusely all over  it.

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Still Tesco policy.  Drivers won’t come into the house anymore and you have to empty the baskets at the front door.  They’ve also stopped putting the stuff in bags as well which they did for a while during the pandemic.

Pain in the fucking arse.

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Still Tesco policy.  Drivers won’t come into the house anymore and you have to empty the baskets at the front door.  They’ve also stopped putting the stuff in bags as well which they did for a while during the pandemic.

Our guys must be sound then as they let us take the baskets in to empty.

The bags thing is annoying, they didn't introduce the bags during the pandemic, but stopping them in the middle of it was daft.

I've also noticed you now only get an emailed receipt too, which makes identifying and rejecting short dated / bizarre replacement items a lot harder.

28 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Judging by my Scotrail experience yesterday 'we' is an increasingly small group.

Pretty busy train to and from Dumbarton and could count on one hand the number of people still wearing them. People have already started to make their own minds up. Removing or extending the legal mandate is going to have a fairly limited impact on overall mask use.

Train coming back from Hampden into Glasgow Central on Thursday after the game. Not one person had them on. It was the same from Queen Street to Edinburgh afterwards. 

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I've also noticed you now only get an emailed receipt too, which makes identifying and rejecting short dated / bizarre replacement items a lot harder.

Aye, that really grinds my gears.

They don't always refund the difference either which is what Sainsburys are supposed to do if the replacement is more expensive. I always have to chase them for it. 🤬

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We took our one year old son to a birthday party at a soft play centre today. There were signs up around the place saying "Face masks required" but the vast majority of adults in the place weren't wearing masks. I think the staff was 50/50 and they weren't challenging anyone or doing anything to enforce mask wearing.

14 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

All they seem to be caring about at this stage are the optics in the eyes of the Diet SAGE losers and their cult followers on Twitter. Masks are basically the last stand for these psychos, à la Berlin in April 1945.

14 hours ago, Left Back said:

Better to have geriatrics wrestling with their shopping and struggling to get it through to the kitchen than risk giving them a virus now no greater risk than any other... when you're also feeling just fine.

Apparently it's 'The Science'.

14 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Watterson is part of the ‘zero covid Scotland’ group so I suspect he’d have us in total lockdown if it was up to him.

Grifting snakes one and all. Shame they lost so badly.