Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

@ICTChris showed a chart showing it is much more dispersed here than in Italy, I think that's why we aren't seeing that here vs Lombardy, New York

Yeah, I think the closest to that in the UK is London.

The guy from the FT who does their Covid graphs publishes a daily 'metropolitan area' graph for specific areas of countries harest hit.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Excellent, first you have us all getting HIV and now nuclear pollution.

What next, a fucking invasion by aliens?

Two years until cannibalism then it's fucking Event Horizon 🤷‍♂️

FB_IMG_1586807966748.jpg.94c15816aad23a335dcb2db4feb3b73a.jpg

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

They had very clear indications that it was a  virus transmitted by sexual contact and blood mixing but I think it took at least two or three years to prove that scientifically and to isolate HIV.

Not to mention they weren't really interested in saving the lives of gay people back then.

35 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Let me get this straight. You agree with Sturgeon’s decision to go along with the UK Gov’s approach, but now want her to change that approach because the UK Gob approach is the wrong one, but are also criticising Neil Findlay for having the same view point as you? 

It’s rabid folk like you - who see grievance in every nook and cranny but can find no fault with the Scottish Government - who will prevent independence from happening, just FYI. Not everything in the world is about Scottish independence FFS. 

Freudian slip?

21 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

How does one die from Alzheimer's?

Misformed proteins build up in the brain and gradually shut down more and more bodily functions. People associate it mostly with the memory loss, but eventually it'll leave you unable to do things like swallowing independently.

She could lift the nation's spirits if she battered her dad tae f**k with a shovel.

PRINCESS BEATRICE is planning a bigger royal wedding for next year to lift the nation's spirits, according to an insider.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1268047/princess-beatrice-royal-wedding-Edoardo-Mapelli-Mozzi-coronavirus

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Maybe the politicians/scientists/health professionals telling people to stay at home if they have Corona and not visiting them to properly assess their conditions is leading to loads of folk dying at home so no need for the makeshift hospital. 

What's been ticking around my head is this.  Johnson goes into hospital, and is given some oxygen. He then goes into intensive care.   3 days later he's up and out the door.

I seem to recall that the death rate of those going into ICU with coronavirus is said to be about 50%..    Given that a stated aim of the actions of government is to prevent

the NHS 'from being overwhelmed', surely there is some kind of  deduction in there  that...

1.   If the ICU death rate from coronavisrus is said to be around 50%, then  a huge number of them must have been more or less at half dead by the time they entered hospital..

2. and following from that,  how culpable is NHS 111,  and local medics,   in not visiting, or refusing to admit people until they are in effect beyond saving ?

Edited by beefybake

4 minutes ago, beefybake said:

What's been ticking around my head is this.  Johnson goes into hospital, and is given some oxygen. He then goes into intensive care.   3 days later he's up and out the door.

I seem to recall that the death rate of those going into ICU with coronavirus is said to be about 50%..    Given that a stated aim of the actions of government is to prevent

the NHS 'from being overwhelmed', surely there is some kind of  deduction in there  that...

1.   If the ICU death rate is 50%, then  a huge number of them must have been more or less at half dead by the time they entered hospital..

2. and following from that,  how culpable is NHS 111,  and local medics,   in not visiting, or refusing to admit people until they are in effect beyond saving ?

The c**t quite obviously had some liposuction done, f**k all wrong with him.

10 minutes ago, beefybake said:

I think it is likely that BJ was quite unwell but never life-threateningly so. One of my family is an A&E doctor and their comment was that If he was simply getting 4 litres of oxygen then he would have been on a normal ward with everyone else and never have been near an ICU.

Fair enough, you should get some special treatment as PM but the whole Lazarus / Easter miracle narrative smells like sh*te to me.