Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This is an important point that we shouldn’t overlook.

In real life I am not the warm cuddly character that you see on here, I’m far more abrasive and unpleasant.

:lol:

Guest Bob Mahelp
24 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Aye let's clap for the NHS instead of holding the government to account for destroying it.

Half the arseholes 'clapping for the NHS' are the same people who vote for a Tory party that have virtually destroyed it over the last 10 years.

Stupid thick khunts. 

Half the arseholes 'clapping for the NHS' are the same people who vote for a Tory party that have virtually destroyed it over the last 10 years.
Stupid thick khunts. 
My boss votes Tory, he was out clapping for them last week. I said I didn't and he implied I didn't respect them.

Scotland's figures show the death rate for those under 44 is extremely low.

I still feel that the first relaxation should be to allow those under 50 to return to work etc unless shielding, or living with / caring for someone who is shielding.

After the next 3 weeks are up, if numbers of new cases have fallen considerably, it makes little sense to continue to effectively quarantine many people who are statistically unlikely to develop serious or fatal infections, and therefore unlikely to overwhelm the NHS.

20200417_140930.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
Stupid thick khunts. 

My boss votes Tory, he was out clapping for them last week. I said I didn't and he implied I didn't respect them.

A bit of the good book for them:

Matthew 6

"Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Scotland's figures show the death rate for those under 44 is extremely low.

I still feel that the first relaxation should be to allow those under 50 to return to work etc unless shielding, or living with / caring for someone who is shielding.

After the next 3 weeks are up, if numbers of new cases have fallen considerably, it makes little sense to continue to effectively quarantine many people who are statistically unlikely to develop serious or fatal infections.

20200417_140930.jpg

That’s some fucking jump once you hit 45. I’m not looking forward to that birthday.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That’s some fucking jump once you hit 45. I’m not looking forward to that birthday.

I have nothing to back this up, but i suspect most of those 108 will be closer to 64 than 45!

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As I am in the 45-64 group I clapped an extra 5 minutes last night to make up for some posters not clapping.

Can see me clapping for 15 minutes next week.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

You're probably right, that's what happens when you've grown up in the Thatcher era with a sense of hopelessness coupled with anger and a deep routed hatred.

Speaking personally, there's no doubt I'm very cynical and have a chip on my shoulder, however it's not without good reason.

Me as well and also neither of us are The Rangers supporters

1 hour ago, bendan said:

I genuinely struggle to understand some of the hysteria around this. Death is obviously a terrible thing for families/friends/acquaintances to experience, but I don't see why as a society we see a given number of covid-19 deaths in a given group of people as being something of far greater concern than other, equally avoidable deaths. 

Speak for yourself, I'm 77 and have underlying health issues

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Perhaps we're all simply less gullible than many in the UK, and we can see right through the current curtain of deception.

We do grieve loss, personally and collectively, but the average Scot has a sense of the fitness of things and we don't need politicians, celebrities, broadcasters and God forbid, the gilded freakshow of The House of Windsor to assist us in that process, let alone touch-feely television appeals.

Well said sir/madam