Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The value of a human life surely varies with age. A 99 year old is worth less than a 10 year old (forgetting any other factors such as seriously ill10 year v healthy 99 year old who raises millions for the NHS)

And given that the majority of the deaths are in the 'less valuable' category, then I'd accept a doubling of the average death rate so that I can get my pint and football back. And the economy can get back to some kind of normality. 

Am I psychopathic for thinking like this or a callous logical b*****d

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

why are you talking about this in moral philosophy terms when it's about the ability of a health service to cope

I would imagine that if there were, on average, fewer than 10 deaths per day in Scotland due to Covid-19 then our health service could cope.

I'm not aware of any instances of our health services being unable to cope at the moment when we are seeing 8 times that amount.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

There wasn't a pic of the nurse in that report.

Press standards really have dropped.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The value of a human life surely varies with age. A 99 year old is worth less than a 10 year old (forgetting any other factors such as seriously ill10 year v healthy 99 year old who raises millions for the NHS)

And given that the majority of the deaths are in the 'less valuable' category, then I'd accept a doubling of the average death rate so that I can get my pint and football back. And the economy can get back to some kind of normality. 

Fucking psycho, imo.

Ok, what's the youngest acceptable collateral damage?

Would you kill a 45 year-old for a pint? 40? 12?

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'd accept a doubling of the average death rate so that I can get my pint and football back. And the economy can get back to some kind of normality. 

I expect a flurry of red dots coming your way from people who agree with the overall sentiment, but want to be seen to be morally outraged

36 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Yeah, of course.

Same for lots of things in society. If we didn't accept death, speed limits for cars would be walking pace.

But I'm asking YOU, psycho. How many people are you willing to write off for a pint?

One.  I’d sacrifice Anne Budge for a pint of 80/ in a quiet seaside pub.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Ok.

But what about if the choice was a 50 year-old nurse who worked as an epidemiologist in his spare time or an 8 year-old convicted sex offender?

Edited by JTS98

Guest JTS98

Just saw something I haven't seen for weeks.

I went to look at the Malay Mail website for a Covid update, and the top story was a non covid-19 story.

It's like going back in time. A report about Chinese and Malaysian ships having a stand-off in the South China Sea.

Maybe we can start a war to move the news cycle on a bit.

Edited by JTS98

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/apr/17/woman-90-climb-highland-mountain-home-help-nhs-margaret-payne

sakes another one. Here's betting she goes clattering down the stairs and has to get helicoptered to hospital.

Might give that a go, won't be telling anyone though. Not sure how to count the pitch and elevation to match my stairs with a real mountain though.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Just saw something I haven't seen for weeks.

I went to look at the Malay Mail website for a Covid update, and the top story was a non covid-19 story.

It's like going back in time. A report about Chinese and Malaysian ships having a stand-off in the South China Sea.

Maybe we can start a war to move the news cycle on a bit.

The only big non-Covid story here was the Alex Salmond trial.  Now the Labour Party malarky has also sprung up.

Do the actual test figures being published by this country really mean that much ?

I can see why mass testing (such as Germany) makes a huge difference, however what's the point in testing someone on the Monday and them being negative but then that very person catches it later that day  / the next day ??

In the case of NHS and care workers I can see the above scenario actually occurring, irrespective of how ridiculous it may seem.