Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I don't care about Germany, they've also got  a huge list of procedures in place to ensure their ordinary citizens don't catch the virus either. It's Apples & Pears.

Sorry, but you can't have one rule for professional (using the term loosely) sportsmen and another for the general population.

What next ?

Allow them out to the Pub as THEY don't need to social distance and THEY don't have the virus.

No, this is just wrong on so many levels.

The Bundesliga will be the first major league to return and if successful, every other league will copy the model used there with regards to the specific testing schedule of players/staff and every other protocol

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

So, when I'm in Glasgow each day, why are Scotrail announcing that "everyone should stay at home" and that the "Railway is only running for key workers for essential travel" ???

Why are the Police stopping people in the station and asking where they work ??

I'm sorry, but this "anyone can go to their work if they can social distance" is news to me and is certainly not the message coming from either the UK or the Scottish authorities.

Probably to make sure that's where you are going.

Something being news to you does not mean it is wrong.

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The Bundesliga will be the first major league to return and if successful, every other league will copy the model used there with regards to the specific testing schedule of players/staff and every other protocol

Make no mistake, if football in the UK is permitted to return during the "lockdown" then it's the end of the line I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Boris is back at work!!

Won't be doing the daily briefing though.

So is it alright to despise the fat Tory c**t again or will that trigger the hand-wringing snowflakes on here that were all praying for his recovery?

Edited by Granny Danger

Make no mistake, if football in the UK is permitted to return during the "lockdown" then it's the end of the line I'm afraid.
I can see where Stenhousemuir is coming from here. I would fucking love footy back on the tv.

I agree with you though that it had better come alongside something for the public other than "as you were" or it will take a big bite out of willingness to comply.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Probably to make sure that's where you are going.

Something being news to you does not mean it is wrong.

So what was the point in issuing me with a letter to confirm I was a key worker, who advised my company to do this and to what end ?

No, but it does make it inconsistent, conflicting and confusing.

Just now, WATTOO said:

So what was the point in issuing me with a letter to confirm I was a key worker, who advised my company to do this and to what end ?

No, but it does make it inconsistent, conflicting and confusing.

I don't know why you are arguing with me. I didn't make the rule.

Just now, WATTOO said:

Footballers in the EPL going back to training (on their own & with no gym, indoor training or changing facilities) while we are still in lockdown just seems pointless and unnecessary. But then again, why should this surprise anyone? 

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

360 deaths from yesterday.

Seems like a big drop from last week. Still terrible though.

Is this bad info or realistic 

I'm tempted to believe our weekend figures are realistic 24 hour figures, without any of the lagged figures added on, but that's more down to me wanting that to be true rather than anything else.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know why you are arguing with me. I didn't make the rule.

That's exactly my point, I don't respond well to "just do it" or "just because", if someone explains "why" we're doing something and the rationale behind it, then great, however you've just admitted yourself that you don't know why and you didn't make the rule which means you yourself obviously are a bit perplexed about it.

The main issue with the guidance is that Johnston went on telly and said x, y and z, but those specifics never actually made it into the legislation, so while people think something is the law because he said it, it didn't actually end up being the law (eg 1 hour exercise, shopping as few times as possible etc etc)