Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Interesting.

Such a reading sees the 'however' as parenthetical, which I suppose it is really.  I'd argue that using a comma only after the word, allowed me to place the pause where I wanted it.  I'd see this as a question of taste rather than rules, as is often the case with commas.

I intend, however, to make use of this free lesson in future musings.  Thanks for providing it.

You have to take my 3 lessons together to really take them in. Grammar, like the validity of opinions, isn't just a matter of taste, there is such a thing as being plain wrong, which is a hindrance to adult communication in so many ways if not understood. 

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm guessing that most of these Einsteins won't be in the best of health next week.

A GROUP of covidiots have broken the coronavirus lockdown for a "social distancing swally" in a wasteground in Coatbridge.

Around 30 gathered for the boozy outdoor party yesterday, swilling Buckfast, vodka and MD 20/20 - with one woman joking she'd end up in jail

Bottles of booze are raised high in the air as the gang celebrate in the sun - with others making rude gestures.

LD-2.jpg?w=960

It's the not biggest issue but I'm fascinated by the dress code. One lad treating it as night out with his best pressed Ben Sherman and full jeans & sheux.

Others thinking of it as more summer BBQ attire.

And two absolute fucking minks who both appear to be in their late 40s

Edited by invergowrie arab

It's the not biggest issue but I'm fascinated by the dress code. One lad treating it as night out with his best pressed Ben Sherman and full jeans & sheux.
Others thinking of it as more summer BBQ attire.
And two absolute fucking minks who both appear to be in their late 40s

It is kind of fascinating.

How did the old p***k in the Celtic top doing a Slav squat even get an invite to this? Everyone else is in their 20s, who texted him?

34 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm guessing that most of these Einsteins won't be in the best of health next week.

A GROUP of covidiots have broken the coronavirus lockdown for a "social distancing swally" in a wasteground in Coatbridge.

Around 30 gathered for the boozy outdoor party yesterday, swilling Buckfast, vodka and MD 20/20 - with one woman joking she'd end up in jail

Bottles of booze are raised high in the air as the gang celebrate in the sun - with others making rude gestures.

LD-2.jpg?w=960

It's Coatbridge, they maybe all live in the same house?

37 minutes ago, bennett said:

LD-2.jpg?w=960

I thought Magee had been quiet on here for a bit.

We now know he is living it up in Coatbridge.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

How did the old p***k in the Celtic top doing a Slav squat even get an invite to this? Everyone else is in their 20s, who texted him?

A few years back, in my friends group we had a couple of guys in there mid 40s who would drink with us. We wouldn't take them too a club or anything but it just added to the patter

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Blondie with the socks appears to be trying to keep him at arms length.

10 minutes ago, philpy said:

Shared by someone on FB...  If true, jesus christ, they'll be queuing in their hordes just to have a burger and chips and feel hungry an hour later... 

Screenshot_20200426_201144_com.facebook.katana.jpg

It's pretty obvious that it's a fake. Like, really, really obvious.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I’m sorry for introducing the generational discussion about boomers and shit like that to this thread. It only ends one way, with complete eye bleed.

Can we just get back to discussing the best Indiana Jones films?

11 minutes ago, philpy said:

Shared by someone on FB...  If true, jesus christ, they'll be queuing in their hordes just to have a burger and chips and feel hungry an hour later... 

Interesting McDonald's have rebranded to MC Donald's. She canny be the brightest spark, I guess that's what scraning McDonald's does to you

9 minutes ago, philpy said:

"if true"

Let's have an extension of the dab twat from earlier and consider this rationally, philpy.

"we will have a limit of 2 customers inside each restaurant."

Now.

Leave aside the erroneous space in the use of McDonald's (and the missing apostrophe), the terrible comma use on the fourth line, the excessive use of exclamation marks, pretty much leave aside all the formatting.

Leave aside the fact that if it doesn't come from an official McDonald's account - easy enough to check, you should be independently verifying that anyway.

Do you really, really, really think that in a situation where the country's had everything bar hospitals and supermarkets shut for weeks, that the country's most popular fast food restaurant would open all of their outlets at once? Do you think this news would reach you first via some zoomer from Facebook? And most importantly, do you think this would occur with two people inside a restaurant at a time? Picture it. Go on. Chances are you've been in a shop over the past few weeks that you've had to queue for. Now imagine what it would have been like with them only letting two people in at a time.

Is this where civilisation is in 2020? Where people look at this and don't immediately roll their eyes and ignore it?

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

"if true"

Let's have an extension of the dab twat from earlier and consider this rationally, philpy.

"we will have a limit of 2 customers inside each restaurant."

Now.

Leave aside the erroneous space in the use of McDonald's (and the missing apostrophe), the terrible comma use on the fourth line, the excessive use of exclamation marks, pretty much leave aside all the formatting.

Leave aside the fact that if it doesn't come from an official McDonald's account - easy enough to check, you should be independently verifying that anyway.

Do you really, really, really think that in a situation where the country's had everything bar hospitals and supermarkets shut for weeks, that the country's most popular fast food restaurant would open all of their outlets at once? Do you think this news would reach you first via some zoomer from Facebook? And most importantly, do you think this would occur with two people inside a restaurant at a time? Picture it. Go on. Chances are you've been in a shop over the past few weeks that you've had to queue for. Now imagine what it would have been like with them only letting two people in at a time.

Is this where civilisation is in 2020? Where people look at this and don't immediately roll their eyes and ignore it?

I've been saying for a few years that my favourite day of the year is April 1st, because it's the one day of the year people read things online and ask themselves "hmm, I wonder if this is true?".

The other 364 days of the year (365 this year) just seem to be "Believe Whatever Shite You Read Day".

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

Pretty sure when they open it will be at 24 hours notice with no social media promotion