Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Thank you, yes very slow day all round for Sunday, will be expecting some movers this week.  Any change we can delete Hong Kong & Macau out the table or at least have theme as B teams.

Not very good news I read yesterday. Pakistan maybe coming into bat very soon.  Health Minister is denying 1 confirmed case in Pakistan & and also they have 500 students in Wuhan.

As for the home front (Thailand) 39 cases in hospital, but the Government are not putting their cards on the table as yet. 

Thank you, yes very slow day all round for Sunday, will be expecting some movers this week.  Any change we can delete Hong Kong & Macau out the table or at least have theme as B teams.
Not very good news I read yesterday. Pakistan maybe coming into bat very soon.  Health Minister is denying 1 confirmed case in Pakistan & and also they have 500 students in Wuhan.
As for the home front (Thailand) 39 cases in hospital, but the Government are not putting their cards on the table as yet. 

Just read Pakistan may be joining the event. They could be strong players in this, but need a good solid start to get them moving.

Singapore have 90+ in quarantine, but most likely all will be false alarms. There are other seasonal viruses doing the rounds.

Really think the fun will begin with many returning to work tomorrow. Will be counting the facemasks on the MTR tomorrow when on the way to work.

Can’t amend the table as only cutting and pasting from the news site.

Think we will see activity Wednesday-Friday.

Singapore just announced some
new measures. Very drastic, but kind of keeps in the back of the mind that everything coming out of China is maybe not accurate.

Health screening of all flights from China, extra checks on anyone from Hubei.

People advised not to travel to China unless necessary.

Health declarations to be made by anyone who has traveled to China in the last 14 days and ongoing.

For the above, compulsory temperature checks twice a day for 14 days on return from China.

Compulsory leave of absence for 14 days for anyone coming back from China who has contact with vulnerable people (schools, elderly, hospitals).

Add this to the quarantine centres set up, Singapore take things very serious.

2 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Just read Pakistan may be joining the event. They could be strong players in this, but need a good solid start to get them moving.

Singapore have 90+ in quarantine, but most likely all will be false alarms. There are other seasonal viruses doing the rounds.

Really think the fun will begin with many returning to work tomorrow. Will be counting the facemasks on the MTR tomorrow when on the way to work.

Can’t amend the table as only cutting and pasting from the news site.

Think we will see activity Wednesday-Friday.

Our Government have letting slip, it can get to you when so much in control.

The Department of Communicable Diseases Control's has recruited Chinese-language interpreters to help officials interview tourists from risk areas.

7,000 Chinese students across the country and many had returned to their hometowns in China during the new year festival.  Earlier, the ministry asked Chi­nese students to delay their return to Thailand by at least two weeks as a precaution.

Devastated, however good news.

Meanwhile, a number of suspected cases were reported in several provinces including Chiang Mai, Nakhon Sawan and Rayong on Sunday.

Back in the game!!

6 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Will dig out a Hazmat suit for the trip

Can get them here on Sukhumvit Road soi 3-13.  So much cheaper, made to measure. Feel like a new man.  Just give us your hotel and room number. It will be lying on your bed in the next few days, nothing to worry about.;)

Can get them here on Sukhumvit Road soi 3-13.  So much cheaper, made to measure. Feel like a new man.  Just give us your hotel and room number. It will be lying on your bed in the next few days, nothing to worry about.[emoji6]

Sukhumvit Road soi 3-13 you say?
Feel like a new man you say?
Lying on my bed you say?

Are we still talking about a hazmat suit?

Will actually be staying closer to Bangplee and around there, Rayong and Ayutthaya.

Football connection. Womens Olympic Qualifying group (Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, Thailand) was moved from Wuhan to Nanjing last week and now moved again, to Sydney. Although they’ve just confirmed the 4th case in NSW making 5 for Australia.

On 23/01/2020 at 18:10, Granny Danger said:

People should read Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’.  Make no mistake this is exactly what’s going on here.p

I've started reading it recently on a Steven King binge. Thought it was good timing. So if the virus doesn't get me I'm now convinced I'll be waking up to a vampire outside my window in the near future anyway. Cheerio now.

Arrived at work today to be informed that absolutely no work will be done in China under any circumstances. I'd say around 50% of our current work is in Chinese shipyards and involves discussion with our Chinese offices who have just been told to take another week off. Looks like a nice, laid back week of me telling customers "Sorry pal, can't help you".

7 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

There were slow to publish today (or me to find it). China exerting their dominance in this field. Remove the jiggery pokery of Hong Kong/Macau and you have really consolidated 2nd place with your kleenex and leaflet approach.

Still calling foul with France and US trying to bring in ringers, seems UK is planning this approach as well just to get on the board. A bit shocked at Vietnam, terrible performance from them, but maybe Tet is hampering them just now.

Next couple of days will be big with many returning to work. China playing defensive by extending their long holiday to 2nd February and continuing to extend cancelation of intercity buses, but with such an assertive lead they can afford to rest their big players for the latter stages.

Still no face masks or hand santisers to be found in Singapore. Could be a catch 22 with China being a massive producer of these products so unlikely to fulfil demand.

IMG_2073.jpg

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/china-death-toll-spikes-to-80-more-than-2-700-cases-confirmed-12352546

Or "the mortuary" as it's better known.

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

One thing we’ve learned is that Chinese people will literally eat anything that moves no matter how disgusting.

Phil nailed it:

“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.”
― H.R.H. Prince Philip

Hong Kong infectious disease experts are urging the government to take “draconian” measures against the spread of the deadly new coronavirus from the mainland Chinese city of Wuhan, citing research estimating that 44,000 patients could be infected there – far higher than official figures.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3047813/china-coronavirus-hong-kong-medical-experts-call

Lead researcher and dean of HKU’s faculty of medicine Gabriel Leung said his team estimated there were 25,630 patients showing symptoms in Wuhan and that the number of infected cases would double in 6.2 days, according to the mathematical model used.

eek!