Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Just received an updated version now saying that this has been extended to anyone who has travelled to China or Hong Kong. 

Aye? I transited through Hong Kong on the 3rd of January, was sat in the airport for about 8 hours. Since this all came out I wondered if I should be quarantining myself but all advice has just been saying if you've been to Wuhan.  

Should I be contacting my doctor and locking myself in my house for 2 weeks just to be sure?

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye? I transited through Hong Kong on the 3rd of January, was sat in the airport for about 8 hours. Since this all came out I wondered if I should be quarantining myself but all advice has just been saying if you've been to Wuhan.  

Should I be contacting my doctor and locking myself in my house for 2 weeks just to be sure?

This is the vaguest of vague because I can't remember where I read it today and can't remember who it applied to but whoever it was they were saying people should definitely be "self-quarantining".

Screenshot_20200129-195340_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Edited by Dee Man

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

This is the vaguest of vague because I can't remember where I read it today and can't remember who it applied to but whoever it was they were saying people should definitely be "self-quarantining".

Superb. I'll phone the doctor at lunch and hopefully he tells me to get up the road and stay there for 14 days.

The two weeks is only for the incubation period. Theoretically you should have started to feel symptoms by the 17th January. 31st December the WHO was updated on initial cases in Wuhan itself and publicly announced 2nd. Infections by the third were nominal and confined to Wuhan. The spread only started with the onset of Lunar New Year.

Having said that, have you started to have cravings for bats and snakes and partial to rice?

Best quarantine yourself just in case.

1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

The two weeks is only for the incubation period. Theoretically you should have started to feel symptoms by the 17th January. 31st December the WHO was updated on initial cases in Wuhan itself and publicly announced 2nd. Infections by the third were nominal and confined to Wuhan. The spread only started with the onset of Lunar New Year.

Having said that, have you started to have cravings for bats and snakes and partial to rice?

Best quarantine yourself just in case.

I've got a bit of a runny nose but that's about it.

1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

3 more cases in Singapore, brings us to double figures and clear third for now. ‘Punching above our weight’ may the correct term now.

Got one of the best budgets in the region though. The RB Leipzig of SE Asia, as they are known. 

Got one of the best budgets in the region though. The RB Leipzig of SE Asia, as they are known. 

Definitely, huge budget available to them, but they have been very focused on defence.

Tracking every major contact to the initial carriers to the island, actually tracked some to JB and altered Malay authorities and out of 115 people still in Singapore they have tracked down all but 4. That really is impressive. They have issued legal and advisory directives to everyone, right down to house cleaning.

You would think the didn’t want to win this competition or something!

I kind of think they will have this under control by the weekend and by the time the incubation period runs, they will slip into relegation territory.

Or they better as SLF are playing here mid February and the gig better not be cancelled!

Jake Burns, man up!

Frankly speaking, I don’t think the world is taking this serious enough. China is heading towards having a huge infection of the sniffles and if those fuckers all sneeze at once the tectonic plates are going to shift!

Guest Moomintroll

Your going die!!!

One day you will
I can't help but read that in the voice of the old Priest in Poltergeist.

It just reminds me of this:

Lisa:       Only if you could promise me you'll never die.

Gary:     You know I can't promise that.

Lisa:       If you did that, I would make love to you right now.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You'll be fine. Incubation period seems to be 14 days and you're at nearly a month.

Still, don't tell graft that. Get on the phone to your boss and tell him you've got 'days, not weeks'.

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Still, don't tell graft that. Get on the phone to your boss and tell him you've got 'days, not weeks'.

Word it like that and he'll go back to work to find they've had a minutes silence for him.

it_crowd_s1e5_the_haunting_of_bill_crous

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Word it like that and he'll go back to work to find they've had a minutes silence for him.

it_crowd_s1e5_the_haunting_of_bill_crous

Who'll claim to have been the last person to sleep with him?

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The four suspected cases in Perth got the all clear. 

unnamed (6).gif

You know what that means?

THEY TESTED THE WRONG PEOPLE!

image.png.7da0535f9d471ca84f04da71948c991b.png