Coronavirus (COVID-19)

That's absolutely disgusting if true. 
When we look back on this I'm convinced the big mistake will be focusing on general measures rather than making huge efforts to shield the most vulnerable. 
Channel 4 revealed this weeks ago. Care homes were told that they were expected to take recovering covid patients during the time where they were trying to suppress official covid deaths recorded in hospitals.

People in most deprived areas of Scotland twice as likely to die of COVID-19 than those in the least deprived areas.  Not sure how much this is linked to general health conditions in such areas but still concerning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52637581

F47F3729-CE5B-45EC-907A-C8F32926642D.thumb.jpeg.af9578ff6da7814a30108df0ae9d18f1.jpeg

Mixture of the general health issues linked to deprivation but you also need to factor in things like inability to work from home and not having the same access to delivery services, + greater use of public transport. 

wonder if there’s also a higher amount of multi-generational households? 

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Another wooly as f**k restriction. "Speculative house viewings are strongly discouraged".

Its all speculative so the public can be blamed.

Boris is opening everything up slowly but everything is going to be opened no matter what happens.His first phone call when recovering at chequers was too Trump it was reported in the press,much like murica everything will be opened up.Wales will soon fall into line and it will be up to Nicola and "i cant believe im saying this" Arlene Foster to resisist as long as possible or we are all going to be the herd 

Its all speculative so the public can be blamed.

Boris is opening everything up slowly but everything is going to be opened no matter what happens.His first phone call when recovering at chequers was too Trump it was reported in the press,much like murica everything will be opened up.Wales will soon fall into line and it will be up to Nicola and "i cant believe im saying this" Arlene Foster to resisist as long as possible or we are all going to be the herd 

I dont get what you mean by as long as possible? Surely she should be resisting for as short a time as possible? This isnt a competition. Nicola Sturgeon is still duty bound to lift as many restrictions as possible the very second the virus is controllable.

If that's what you are saying then aye fair enough, but for some folk this seems to be morphing into we should stay locked down indefinitely until a silver bullet manifests itself. Thats not going to happen and Nicola Sturgeon is going to have to make a big call on when she lifts it, but she owes it to everyone including those who are happy to remain locked down to do it in as short a time as is safe.

ETA, I agree with your no matter what happens statement, Emgland wont return to the same level of lockdown restrictions. I am sure that was a one shot deal.

28 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Mixture of the general health issues linked to deprivation but you also need to factor in things like inability to work from home and not having the same access to delivery services, + greater use of public transport. 

wonder if there’s also a higher amount of multi-generational households? 

As you say these stats don't tell us much because of pre Covid existing inequalities.

To get a decent picture of the dangers of work it would be helpful to look at  furloughed Vs non furloughed employees in various employment categories.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont get what you mean by as long as possible? Surely she should be resisting for as short a time as possible? This isnt a competition. Nicola Sturgeon is still duty bound to lift as many restrictions as possible the very second the virus is controllable.

If that's what you are saying then aye fair enough, but for some folk this seems to be morphing into we should stay locked down indefinitely until a silver bullet manifests itself. Thats not going to happen and Nicola Sturgeon is going to have to make a big call on when she lifts it, but she owes it to everyone including those who are happy to remain locked down to do it in as short a time as is safe.

ETA, I agree with your no matter what happens statement, Emgland wont return to the same level of lockdown restrictions. I am sure that was a one shot deal.

Yeah thats what i meant.Conditions have to be favourable to open up.Boris and co have stated many times they are following the science and the R was the buzz letter of the weekend but Englands R is slightly higher than ours,depending on whos figures they have used 0.6-0.9 and ours is 0.7 so they are going to chug along now no matter the cost to life 

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Yeah thats what i meant.Conditions have to be favourable to open up.Boris and co have stated many times they are following the science and the R was the buzz letter of the weekend but Englands R is slightly higher than ours,depending on whos figures they have used 0.6-0.9 and ours is 0.7 so they are going to chug along now no matter the cost to life 

Is ours not 0.7 to 1.0?

My fears of us only being able to hold out as long as the UK Gov retained furlough we allayed somewhat the other day, but I think the 60% thing might be a back breaker anyway. It may well simultaneously becomes inadequate for workers to live on, and too expensive to top up for businesses. Perhaps that's the Tory motive behind the drop. Force hands without looking like you are forcing hands. Even then, even an extra two or three weeks of lockdown extra will surely help with the second wave prospects.

I would like to see the Police retain certain powers up here, which it appears England have binned. Social distancing will be key, and once they are not allowed to act to enforce it, then you will see more and more examples of folk behaviour g like lricks in shops etc etc knowing that theres nothing that can be done.

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There are actually people who go to view houses they can't afford for fun.

Let them die of Covid imo

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

wtf really? Like pretending they live in it for 20 minutes?

Reenacting Alan Partridge's house viewing is a good laugh although I'm actually trying to rent when I start off with the "French word for water" stuff. Still jealous my mate got to proclaim "it's an extender!" when his 4th year uni flat dining room table was just that.