Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Haven't seen this posted here but conspiracy theories are now in full flow. Cummings' sister, Alice, is a non exec director of IDOX. IDOX have the contract for managing the track and trace app for the NHS. 
GlaxoSmithKline research is based in Barnard Castle. On 14th April, GSK signed a deal with Sanofi in France to work together on a Coronavirus vaccine. Two days earlier, Cummings had been to Barnard Castle to test his eyes out and sit on a river bank. 
It may be pure coincidence that all roads led to Barnard Castle in mid April. But given the shit that's flying on this, it's actually hard to believe that Cummings and that vaccine deal are not related. Developing a vaccine for this may cost multiple millions in research. You'd want to have some assurance you were not throwing money down the drain and had govt support. Why would you not make such an arrangement public? I've no idea but it was worth trying to protect via some cock and bull pish about eye tests. Maybe it's to do with tendering processes - ministers diaries will be a matter of public record so send the SPAD instead? 
Lots of speculation but Covid contracts must be worth closer examination. 
Would you want a company called IDOX having anything to do with your personal information?

52 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Folk scraping on English beach yesterday.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/26/huge-fight-breaks-crowded-beach-involving-least-15-men-12759240/

Nice little video of it all kicking off

Some fucking haymaker at the end though.

The latest defense for Dominic Cummings is that Ian Blackford went home to Skye on the 26th March after Parliament shut down. That's how far they're stretching.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thought i maybe had a 50/50 chance of getting my holiday in September into October, but looking at the way the English have been flocking to beaches etc fear a second wave is inevitable.
Shower of selfish desperate c***s making this worse for everyone just because they trust a man who writes lies on a bus. Think independence is the only way forward for us.

Tbh unless we stayed in lockdown forever, there is always a risk of a second wave. I’m sure @Todd_is_God posted something a few days back about countries already 3 or 4 weeks out of lockdown and there being no great “second wave”

In two days, the country will start on the first steps to removing the lockdown.
We should be focussing on that good news story instead of obsessing over whatever trivial nonsense is happening in London.
Thanks for that valuable contribution, but the serious posters can deal with things right now.

The people who have no shame are those who are using bereaved families and their dreadful experiences to score political points against Cummings.
Any right to the moral high ground was lost at that point.
This is finished. He's staying in his job.
No doubt something else will happen soon for the faux outrage brigade to attach to.
Hypocrisy does love a cause.
What a fuss over nothing.

f**k off you scumbag c**t.

Tbh unless we stayed in lockdown forever, there is always a risk of a second wave. I’m sure [mention=2588]Todd_is_God[/mention] posted something a few days back about countries already 3 or 4 weeks out of lockdown and there being no great “second wave”

Aye but those countries actually did ‘lockdown’ swiftly, correctly and in a meaningful manner which is why they’ve had minimal secondary transmission, we’ve fucking played at it. This is the british exceptionalism coming out.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In two days, the country will start on the first steps to removing the lockdown.

We should be focussing on that good news story instead of obsessing over whatever trivial nonsense is happening in London.

You don't think what is "happening in London" is significant?

I wonder why Tories up here are suddenly wanting to distance themselves from Westminster...

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

People in England are allowed to go to the beach and meet people from outside their household. 

Someone in Scotland raging at imaginary English people sitting too close together on an imaginary beach is ripe for taking the piss out of.  

I don't think they're imaginary, they're on the TV and everything.

18 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

IMG_20200526_194926.jpeg

Good lord