Coronavirus (COVID-19)

53 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I dunno what there is to be arch about - the Cummings thing will make people ignore lockdown, which will increase cases, which will cause a reimposition of lockdown that'll interrupt peoples plans and yes that includes holidays. You act like going on holiday is some rare thing only a privileged few can do when really most people can manage it. It's certainly not a class issue in this day and age.

H_B is a cúnt of the highest order.  I have him on ignore and only see his posts when folk decide to respond to his gibberish shite.

He genuinely does not deserve reasoned replies.

9 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

We have been reading about this remedisivir stuff for months now. Seems desperate to come out with a headline about some new and magic cure. 

He's at it. I posted this on the 8th April

They'll be a vaccaine or drugs to reduce the severity of covid  available within 6 months there are a number of different drugs getting tried on humans all over the globe including the Uk 

https://pharmaphorum.com/news/gilead-begins-uk-trials-of-covid-19-drug-remdesivir/

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-northern-ireland-patients-being-18055068

The two leading drugs on trail are Trumps baby hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir.

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

f**k all will happen, said me, with no scientific background.  I'm going to make an uneducated predictions that in the fullness of time it will be learned that to catch covid from another person you need to spend more than 10 mins at close quarters with an infected person AND all those fannys panic buying in busy supermarkets made the spread worse

I think a lot of things will come out in time including:

The virus not being as deadly as feared, particularly among those not older AND with underlying health conditions.

Less people than thought are/were susceptible.

Face coverings would have been more effective than staying 2m apart.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

When is someone going to ask why such an existential cog in Her Brittanic Majesty's Government machine as Cummings could not expect to have had childcare, private or otherwise, arranged for his family at their time of distress ?

He claimed in the No 10 rose garden that it would be no problem sorting out for when he returned to London so he could go to work. How odd.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

A: Softball Questions

B: In the Tories' pocket

C : Hancock forgot he was told at the team talk to only take 1 question from everyone

D : All of the above

I’m glad my Socratic methodology works.

Edited by Granny Danger

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The virus not being as deadly as feared, particularly among those not older AND with underlying health conditions.

Not an entirely revolutionary thought, rubbish odds though.