Coronavirus (COVID-19)

45 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Looking at how these infection numbers are falling anyone got any ideas on what this means longer term for those in the sheiding category.

We are in this category because of a three year with Asthma and I totally understand it was to protect the vulnerable but at what point does this become counter productive. I say this because I know the shielding period is up for review shortly and I am preying that there can at least be some minor adjustments to it because not going to lie beginning to struggle with it in its current form.

Although my gut tells me they will be waiting until some evidence that the rates aren't increasing for general population once we moved into the differebt phases.

This isn't aimed at you Todd is God it was just because you provided the figures.

I'm in the same category.

Diabetic since 2008 and taking pills for heart and high blood pressure.

I've been stuck in my wee flat for the 10th week now and although I can live with that there must come a time when I venture out.

The day that happens if anyone comes near me I'll be coughing and sneezing and wiping my nose on my sleeve.

Think of Albert Steptoe.

FFS - are there no depths to what ministers will say to try & save Cummings?

Speaking about Dominic Cummings' decision to drive a short distance to test his eyesight, Mr Gove told LBC radio he had had "on occasion" driven to check his eyesight but is not "an authority" on driving.

I understand that it's an ego thing but Shirley it's cost the government more political capital than it's worth to try and save him.

On a personal level if I've had worries about my fitness to drive I haven't.

Edited by btb

39 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:
44 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
I'm sure NS did say that they would issue guidance before June 18th which I believe is the end date of the original 12 weeks shielding advice.
My understanding is that if you are currently shielding you would be expected to continue doing so even after Friday.
It will be interesting to see how quickly we move through phase 1 though if there is no upward movement over the coming weeks.

Yeah that's my understanding as well. Problem is the 18th June feels like a lifetime away after being couped up all this time

When you're at home there's no excuse for not tidying up.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Jackson Carlaw says Cummings has to go, and our local Tory has his finger on the pulse as usual.

Where's Carlaw said this? He was being a shitebag last I checked.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

When you're at home there's no excuse for not tidying up.

Lethargy, cannae be arsed, lazy, dae it manaña - that's 4.

Earlier on I hoovered my wee bed/sitting room then mopped out the kitchen then mopped out the bathroom.

Now I'm back tae lethargy, cannae be arsed etc.

Just now, Wee Willie said:

Earlier on I hoovered my wee bed/sitting room then mopped out the kitchen then mopped out the bathroom.

My wife's outside tidying up the front garden. I was instructed asked to hoover up, which I have done. Now sitting down fair puggled having also hung out a wash load and made my lunch.

13 minutes ago, btb said:

FFS - are there no depths to what ministers will say to try & save Cummings?

Hide contents

Speaking about Dominic Cummings' decision to drive a short distance to test his eyesight, Mr Gove told LBC radio he had had "on occasion" driven to check his eyesight but is not "an authority" on driving.

I understand that it's an ego thing but Shirley it's cost the government more political capital than it's worth to try and save him.

On a personal level if I've had worries about my fitness to drive I haven't.

They've gone all in on this.  If Cummings was to come out later today and say that he had a pokey bum w**k in the car park at Barnard Castle and it cured his eyesight, Gove or one of the minions would be on Breakfast TV tomorrow morning carrying it out live on air to prove he's telling the truth.

Just now, Big Rider said:

He'll be thinking "another no-mark Jock Tory, who cares?"

Hello, youv'e reach Downing Street please state your name and order of business

Carlaw - It's me gaffer, Jackson. It's about this Cummings business

bbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppp

34 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

The next time you've had a few cans. Just take a wee drive down the motorway. If stopped just tell the police you were checking if you were ok to drive. I'm sure that'll work. Tell them Michael Gove says it's ok if they ask you why

All joking aside, the self-styled "party of law and order" seem to be making it increasingly difficult for the police to do their job effectively.

25 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I've got into the habit of being messy for a week or so then have a cleaning frenzy.

Getting back to normal is going to be weird, also noticed that my hands are getting soft through lying about the place.