Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Who are these angry shielding people journalists speak to? 

No one is making shielded people stay at home. It is a personal choice. You weigh up the risks and make a choice. How can anyone be angry at the government for trying to protect them? 

I wonder if there really are any angry shielding people at all or if this is a journalist taking one or two peoples comments and running with them to make an issue.

No one with any sense is angry about it, frustrated and struggling maybe, but I think most people can understand and appreciate why this is happening. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

These c***s live in their own wee bubble. A pat on the back from a Tory peer is all they need to think they're doing a good job, nothing else is relevant. If you had any sort of empathy as leader of a country or felt any responsibility for the families and friends of people who have died in the last 3 months you would absolutely be on TV every day being visible and accountable. Sturgeon is, the Tories seem to have a rota on the go for who is het. There isn't a Tory MP anywhere in the country that has shown any sort of empathy or taken responsibility, in fact they trot the line "no one could've foreseen this" and as of yesterday have started blaming the scientists to absolve themselves and their conscience of any blame. 

Yeh your last point is really important, the scientists and Cummings aren't elected and are accountable to Ministers if they fail in their duties the minister has to go, I have never seen a government hold on to people that would have gone for far less in previous governments.

The tail is very much wagging the tail and it was irony over load when a former bullingdon club member is critical of public disorder.

46 minutes ago, renton said:

Interesting that McGregor in talking about being able to seperate the genetic lineage of the virus, and it's different mutations. Apparently 112 different lineages in Scotland, and evidence to suggest we had it even before the first cases became apparent in March. The vast majority of lineages are associated with Europe rather than the Far East.

Noted also that he particularly mentioned the lineage associated with the Nike conference and that lineage's absence after late March, implying that the contact-test team was successful in locking down that source at the time.

Where did you see this re Nike conference? Interesting stuff

59 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I actually done this with my mate the other day - here is the Psychopath test:

•  glib and superficial charm
•  grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
•  need for stimulation
•  pathological lying
•  cunning and manipulativeness
•  lack of remorse or guilt
•  shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
•  callousness and lack of empathy
•  parasitic lifestyle
•  poor behavioral controls
•  sexual promiscuity
•  early behavior problems
•  lack of realistic long-term goals
•  impulsivity
•  irresponsibility
•  failure to accept responsibility for own actions
•  many short-term marital relationships
•  juvenile delinquency
•  revocation of conditional release
•  criminal versatility

Scoring system is 0, 1 or 2 points based on how severe each item is for that person. Anyone scoring over 30 would be considered for psychopathic treatment. I don't know about you but when I go through that list and apply each one to Johnson I find myself nodding and saying "yip" to just about all of them.

Isn't the role of PM always going to attract people like that? To want to be PM you have to have a psychopathic hunger for power and be willing to trample people. Couldn't believe it when I heard Theresa May say about how she'd have no bother pressing the nuke button. What kind of shell of a human would be happy to nuke folk? Tony Blair - the best education money can buy, a "Christian", yet happy to start a war on false pretenses. Cameron - another empty vessel. Quite like the theory that the likes of Johsnon, Cameron and Blair all lack empathy by being sent of to boarding school and their whole careers are based on them lacking the input of maternal love and empathy. 

16 minutes ago, renton said:

Do you have to get a specific google search for Ian Murray looking like a labotomised hamster, or is it just generally one of the first things that comes up with an image search?

He's got two expressions: happy lobotomised hamster and sad lobotomised hamster.

Who are these angry shielding people journalists speak to? 
No one is making shielded people stay at home. It is a personal choice. You weigh up the risks and make a choice. How can anyone be angry at the government for trying to protect them? 

My girlfriends grandad is a conservative voter and despises sturgeon. He’s been shrinking from the start. she phoned him yesterday to ask what he thought of the shielding being extended and he just said it didn’t bother him, so long as he gets left alone to work on their family tree which has been keeping him busy during lockdown.

There are all sorts of variables in the Far East that make comparisons with the UK not very useful, habitual use of face masks for one. Makes more sense to compare the UK with similar European countries. Do you think if we had copied Japan we would have had more or fewer than 40 thousand deaths?
If we'd copied almost any country other than Brazil, Belorussia, or Trumpland we'd have done better than we have.

And Johnson is proud. What a cúnt.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I actually done this with my mate the other day - here is the Psychopath test:

•  glib and superficial charm
•  grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
•  need for stimulation
•  pathological lying
•  cunning and manipulativeness
•  lack of remorse or guilt
•  shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
•  callousness and lack of empathy
•  parasitic lifestyle
•  poor behavioral controls
•  sexual promiscuity
•  early behavior problems
•  lack of realistic long-term goals
•  impulsivity
•  irresponsibility
•  failure to accept responsibility for own actions
•  many short-term marital relationships
•  juvenile delinquency
•  revocation of conditional release
•  criminal versatility

Scoring system is 0, 1 or 2 points based on how severe each item is for that person. Anyone scoring over 30 would be considered for psychopathic treatment. I don't know about you but when I go through that list and apply each one to Johnson I find myself nodding and saying "yip" to just about all of them.

What was your own score?

2 hours ago, sjc said:

Again, you talk of vulnerable, yet Japan has the oldest, most densely populated Cities in the World and has had no spike in deaths.

I often wonder if the general health of the population is a significant factor.  IE the Greggs effect. UK and US folk have far more obese and inactive folk. 

The obvious outlier to this would be Italy but am I right in saying most cases were in the industrial north as opposed to the less affluent south with the more traditional Mediterranean diet?

I often wonder if the general health of the population is a significant factor.  IE the Greggs effect. UK and US folk have far more obese and inactive folk. 

The obvious outlier to this would be Italy but am I right in saying most cases were in the industrial north as opposed to the less affluent south with the more traditional Mediterranean diet?

Italy’s problem was that 50% of deaths were in one region (Lombardy, which accounts for 12% of the population) leading to the local NHS being overwhelmed and a much higher than usual death rate in that one area. The UK outbreak was much more evenly spread across the country, but had a higher death rate because the country is full of fat junkies.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd imagine they are definitely not made up people, similar to "sources inside the club" and "a friend of the family".

Could they all be the same imaginary person?

2 hours ago, sjc said:

If there's a 2nd/3rd/4th wave, what exactly has been gained/learnt from the lockdown? 

1) People don’t like  restrictions or uncertainty.  

2)  No Need to panic buy toilet paper

3) Never take anything for granted.

4) Appreciate what you've got!   

5)  Have more respect  for NHS staff and other key workers that are trying to help you!

AND....

6) That the Scottish goverment has looked after us much more sensibly, than the tories have the people down south...

5 minutes ago, PWL said:

The air pollution around Bergamo is supposed to be horrendous, could well be another factor.

59 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My girlfriends grandad is a conservative voter and despises sturgeon. He’s been shrinking from the start. she phoned him yesterday to ask what he thought of the shielding being extended and he just said it didn’t bother him, so long as he gets left alone to work on their family tree which has been keeping him busy during lockdown.

He should really be consulting his gp, imho.

Italy’s problem was that 50% of deaths were in one region (Lombardy, which accounts for 12% of the population) leading to the local NHS being overwhelmed and a much higher than usual death rate in that one area. The UK outbreak was much more evenly spread across the country, but had a higher death rate because the country is full of fat junkies.
Talk shite. There's no such thing as a fat junkie.