Coronavirus (COVID-19)

He furloughed his staff.
Topping up the wages of two employees is a sign of a good employer, but you calling an employer a c**t because they aren't doing the same for thousands is like comparing apples and oranges.
They were not going to pay staff for the last part of March until the pressure in the media forced them to do so. They expected employees to wait almost 6 weeks for those wages.

Martin's initial response was to tell them to go get jobs in Tesco.

An uber-c**t if ever there was.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They were not going to pay staff for the last part of March until the pressure in the media forced them to do so. They expected employees to wait almost 6 weeks for those wages.

Martin's initial response was to tell them to go get jobs in Tesco.

An uber-c**t if ever there was.

Refused to pay his suppliers too, likely the small ones who couldn't afford to sue. A c**t's c**t.

https://www.foodservicefootprint.com/news-alert-wetherspoon-to-withhold-supplier-payments/

Lassie at my work went and got her hair done yesterday, said the hairdresser had barely any measures in place beyond a screen between each person. No masks, happily dishing out tea or coffee to those in for a cut, no procedure for arriving to keep contact to a minimum. We have to hope that places like that are in the minority but it could still cause problems.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

3.8% that's about the same strength as a double hit of Cremola Foam.

Aye but the schemie grot that love the value of ‘spoons will just see that as going to the boozer and getting half cut for tenner.

They wouldn't be talking about starting off the Highland and Lowland Leagues in October if they weren't told they had a good chance of letting fans in and not having to test the players, no way they could afford it otherwise, especially the HL.
Hopefully. I just am sceptical when I see announcements like England v Wales in October already being announced as CD. I would be most (pleasantly) surprised if we had crowds back before England.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
They wouldn't be talking about starting off the Highland and Lowland Leagues in October if they weren't told they had a good chance of letting fans in and not having to test the players, no way they could afford it otherwise, especially the HL.

Hopefully. I just am sceptical when I see announcements like England v Wales in October already being announced as CD. I would be most (pleasantly) surprised if we had crowds back before England.

We've had 3 infections and one death in the Highlands and Moray in the past month, and you rarely get more than 200 punters turning up. Just hoping they allow some regional variation in the rules.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

He furloughed his staff.

Topping up the wages of two employees is a sign of a good employer, but you calling an employer a c**t because they aren't doing the same for thousands is like comparing apples and oranges.

It absolutely isn't. It's simply a matter of scale. While Mrs WRK probably averages at just over Min wage, Martin has made millions. He could easily have treated his staff more equitably. Certainly he had no need to come out with his callous "go work in Tesco" comment. I would hazard a guess that those unfortunate to have a zero hours contract job at wetherspoons as their main income would have benefitted more than most from a little bit of help, or at the least compassion from their employer.

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It absolutely isn't. It's simply a matter of scale. While Mrs WRK probably averages at just over Min wage, Martin has made millions. He could easily have treated his staff more equitably. Certainly he had no need to come out with his callous "go work in Tesco" comment. I would hazard a guess that those unfortunate to have a zero hours contract job at wetherspoons as their main income would have benefitted more than most from a little bit of help, or at the least compassion from their employer.

Go back to spamming the BRALT please and give the rest of us peace.

Be interesting to see the latest SG modelling report later today. They appear to have been estimating a 28% reduction in active cases week on week for some time now. If that trend continues we'd be looking at 50 total cases (tested and estimated) by 4th September.

I would like to think if we can get close to that that Test & Protect would be very well placed to keep it there whilst allowing for sporting events, indoor events and public gatherings to then become viable, even if it means mask wearing is required.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Are folk not generally raging at the companies who are not passing on the cut to the customer?

Why is he getting stick for doing it?

Because the cut is supposed to be, and is being publicised as, a discount on meals out. Not as a way of Tim Martin being able to shift all his short-dated stock while retaining his profit margin. I'm not raging about it, as this Government will always prioritise Business over people it is no surprise. What I am raging is the people who think Martin has somehow turned into Andrew Carnegie* overnight.

*The later Library-building good guy, not the earlier strike-breaking w*nk.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

He didn't say that, though.

He said people may wish to take a job in Tesco to top up their earnings, and that should they do that then they would have first refusal on their old job when Wetherspoons opened again.

You've quite clearly not watched the video, else you wouldn't still be talking pish.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

3.8% that's about the same strength as a double hit of Cremola Foam.

Aye but at that price you can have a gallon for a ten pound note and a couple of coins from down the side of your sofa 😂