Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This video is quite long, but very interesting.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/443416775

It explains why using PCR testing on asymptomatic people may not be a particularly accurate measurement.

In particular, the mention of a positive result from a fragment of RNA being present might explain why so many "positive" results are found when testing close contacts, and also why we aren't seeing an increase in hospital admissions from these numbers.

Combining that information with what we know about the main risk factor of age could be very useful. 

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

Interesting to hear the Health Secretary talking about establishing a support framework to help people through recovery and rehabilitation from Covid. 

This shocked me as some people would almost have you believe that if you catch Covid you either die (and you were probably ill/old anyway and your time was basically up in any case) or you sit on the couch for a week or so watching Netflix and occasionally coughing. 

Who would have thought that death might not be the only health related issue to contracting Covid which is, of course, no longer dangerous. 

All part of the fear-mongering imo. Don't believe a word of it

21 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This video is quite long, but very interesting.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/443416775

It explains why using PCR testing on asymptomatic people may not be a particularly accurate measurement.

In particular, the mention of a positive result from a fragment of RNA being present might explain why so many "positive" results are found when testing close contacts, and also why we aren't seeing an increase in hospital admissions from these numbers.

Combining that information with what we know about the main risk factor of age could be very useful. 

I'm glad you warned me it's long. The organisation is run by a bunch of German lawyers experienced in litigation (their description) who think their freedoms are been taken away by having to wear face coverings, and that the virus is just like the flu. Think I'll give it a miss.

https://corona-ausschuss.de/ueber-den-ausschuss/

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm glad you warned me it's long. The organisation is run by a bunch of German lawyers experienced in litigation (their description) who think their freedoms are been taken away by having to wear face coverings, and that the virus is just like the flu. Think I'll give it a miss.

What's their stance on climate change? 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thank you for the background info.

None of that alone means that what Prof. Kämmerer says is untrue. Unless, of course, you are saying she is also a member of said organisation and therefore has a biased view?

Edited by Todd_is_God

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Thank you for the background info.

None of that alone means that what Prof. Kämmerer says is untrue. Unless, of course, you are saying she is also a member of said organisation and therefore has a biased view?

From what I can quickly gather without being remotely fluent in German, she seems to believe you can cure cancer by following the Keto diet.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

From what I can quickly gather without being remotely fluent in German, she seems to believe you can cure cancer by following the Keto diet.

You aren't being entirely truthful there, are you?

From what I can quickly gather, she suggests the Keto diet may aid recovery better than other 'healthy' diets.

Incredible. The lockdownphiles combine to try to discredit someone on the basis they believe and research whether a certain diet may help prevent cancers forming, or that, when combined with radio / chemotherapy, they may help with recovery and rehabillitation after.

What a strange world.

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Incredible. The lockdownphiles combine to try to discredit someone on the basis they believe and research whether a certain diet may help prevent cancers forming, or that, when combined with radio / chemotherapy, they may help with recovery and rehabillitation after.

What a strange world.

Take a chill pill Todd. I looked her up when I saw you guys discussing her. 

Besides, it's hardly a ridiculous assertion that someone who has off the wall beliefs in one area may also be a bit out there in others. Nor is it out of order to question them in all areas when they do believe in something bizarre

Most conspiracy theorists for example don't only believe in one. It's called being credulous. 

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Incredible. The lockdownphiles combine to try to discredit someone on the basis they believe a healthy diet may help prevent cancers forming, or that, when combined with radio / chemotherapy, they may help with recovery and rehabillitation after.

What a strange world.

"Lockdownphiles" - wow. 

I really don't like speaking for other people but I suspect that people have less of an issue with what you outline above than they do with the infantile conclusions you decide to draw from whatever graph/paper/video you think you've understood and decide supports your seemingly inflexible narrative.  

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Take a chill pill Todd. I looked her up when I saw you guys discussing her. 

Besides, it's hardly a ridiculous assertion that someone who has off the wall beliefs in one area may also be a bit out there in others. 

Most conspiracy theorists for example don't only believe in one. It's called being credulous. 

She isn't claiming it cures cancer, though. Pretty sure exploring whether or not diet has an impact on preventing cancer / aiding recovery is quite common.

Anyway, back to her part of the video, it's clear that neither of you have listened to what she says. She doesn't personally have an opinion on how effective they are - she merely explains how they work, their limitations, and how, in certain conditions, further tests would be required to confirm someone was currently infected.

The study I posted from the brief read I had has more to do with treating cancer rather than aiding recovery. She gets into the sugar stuff as well. 

If David Icke cames out with something passably sensible, it's tainted by his past lizard nonsense. It's not unusual or out of order to question someone's thinking when their thinking has previously been proven to be suspect. It's called checking sources 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

The study I posted from the brief read I had has more to do with treating cancer rather than aiding recovery. She gets into the sugar stuff as well. 

If David Icke cames out with something passably sensible, it's tainted by his past lizard nonsense. It's not unusual or out of order to question someone's thinking when their thinking has previously been proven to be suspect. It's called checking sources 🤷‍♂️ 

I assume this does not apply to Neil Ferguson

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I assume this does not apply to Neil Ferguson

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest modelling the potential progress of brand new diseases with innumerable variables is a slightly tougher ask than believing or not believing that the queen is a lizard