Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

There’s a report in the Sunday Post today that there were cases early in the outbreak of elderly patients being discharged into care homes after testing positive for the virus. This is in addition to elderly patients discharged from hospital to care homes without having been tested for the virus.

I wonder if Nicola gave anyone a 'yellow card' for that. 

Grandstanding over the harmless behaviour of footballers after overseeing the care home fiasco leaves a bad taste in the mouth. No doubt an inquiry will be scheduled for 2022. 

16 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Could they though? When you hear some of the engagement levels on the "home" stuff they had before the summer, I'm not sure that was a workable model

There wouldn't in reality have been much that was blended about it.

When a given group of pupils wasn't in school, the relevant teacher wouldn't be fannying around with Teams; he or she would be busy teaching the other group, that was in school.  Any work done at home would be a continuation of what was done in class.

It would have been part-time rather than blended.  It would have been a guddle, but would have allowed some notion of social distancing.   The jury is of course out, over whether that's particularly necessary.

18 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I'm sick of this shite anaw. 

In a roll shop earlier and I was the only person in a mask. No one behind the counter was wearing anything except the lassie on the till who had gloves on.

A woman in full NHS gear comes in while I'm waiting and walks up to the counter, tries to order then goes "see this stupid mask", takes it off, sticks it in her pocket and orders her food.

My maws man works on the buses and says hardly anyone wears them and if he questions them he just gets abuse. He was the one that told me at the start of lockdown that Firstbus had no masks, hand wash or anything & told them if they post about it on social media they will be sacked. 

Don't get me started on the b*****ds that cut about shopping centres with a mask on but folded under their chin so they can speak. Clueless.

Did you leave said shop or just stand there silently fuming, in this very much real scenario that definitely happened exactly as you described it?

No one behind the counter was wearing anything except the lassie on the till who had gloves on.

I’m all for people living their best lives but a nudist bakery is just unhygienic and frankly not something that should be allowed.

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Did you leave said shop or just stand there silently fuming, in this very much real scenario that definitely happened exactly as you described it?

32 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Buckled reading that again - a woman in "full NHS gear" walked into a shop wearing a mask and then took it off when inside 😂😂😂 I would say you couldn't make it up, but someone has!

Aye mate I made the whole thing up so 4 c***s on a fitbaw forum give me a greenie. Fuckwit.

"Full NHS gear". Have you ever encountered an NHS employee? You're not gonnae believe this but some of them even wear trousers and zippers with NHS on them!

Bet you're the sort who sits tagging DHOTY on twitter hoping yer tiny wee boaby pokes out enough for you to see it.

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’m all for people living their best lives but a nudist bakery is just unhygienic and frankly not something that should be allowed.

Some hilarity ensued when the guy reached for the link sausages I'll tell ye

3 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Aye mate I made the whole thing up so 4 c***s on a fitbaw forum give me a greenie. Fuckwit.

"Full NHS gear". Have you ever encountered an NHS employee? You're not gonnae believe this but some of them even wear trousers and zippers with NHS on them!

Bet you're the sort who sits tagging DHOTY on twitter hoping yer tiny wee boaby pokes out enough for you to see it.

"See this stupid mask"

😂

13 hours ago, bendan said:

Yes, primaries need to go back FT, and the evidence we have seems to suggest younger kids don't cause much transmission anyway. A full secondary seems quite likely to put a rocket under any local outbreak.

Is that really 'the evidence that we have' or is it rather the evidence that the government has been pushing to the top of the pile for the media to report on because they want whinging parents off their backs? Younger children are one of the principal spreaders of flu, colds and just about any other transmittable respiratory disease: to think that there is some magic reason that will prevent them from doing the same with Covid-19 is wishful thinking nonsense of the 'UK back in early March' variety. 

I've noticed a distinct drop in mask compliance recently: not just or even principally among young people - who will inevitably get 100% of the blame for this - but also from certain parents who've decided that as their weans don't have to wear it why should they bother. There was also the case of some middle-aged women loudly complaining on a train yesterday about why oh why is nobody bothering with masks anymore, while wearing their shitey blue surgical efforts below the nose throughout this conversation and so rendering them completely useless. The problem here has been caused by the government granting people all sorts of bullshit exceptions that others are now assuming that they too can claim when challenged by saying that they've got asthma or 'a hidden disability' to avoid the minor inconvenience of wearing them. There should be zero exceptions: if you don't want to or can't wear a mask then you shouldn't be in a public space during an ongoing pandemic. Anyone who doesn't want to get with that program gets a truncheon in the face for their trouble: problem solved. 

20 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

In a roll shop earlier and I was the only person in a mask. No one behind the counter was wearing anything except the lassie on the till who had gloves on.

A woman in full NHS gear comes in while I'm waiting and walks up to the counter, tries to order then goes "see this stupid mask", takes it off, sticks it in her pocket and orders her food.

My maws man works on the buses and says hardly anyone wears them and if he questions them he just gets abuse. He was the one that told me at the start of lockdown that Firstbus had no masks, hand wash or anything & told them if they post about it on social media they will be sacked. 

Don't get me started on the b*****ds that cut about shopping centres with a mask on but folded under their chin so they can speak. Clueless.

@DHOTYA

20 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

alan-partridge-2.jpg

"And for tonight's phone in we're asking....Have you ever met a genuinely intelligent bus driver?"   

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Is that really 'the evidence that we have' or is it rather the evidence that the government has been pushing to the top of the pile for the media to report on because they want whinging parents off their backs? Younger children are one of the principal spreaders of flu, colds and just about any other transmittable respiratory disease: to think that there is some magic reason that will prevent them from doing the same with Covid-19 is wishful thinking nonsense of the 'UK back in early March' variety. 

I've noticed a distinct drop in mask compliance recently: not just or even principally among young people - who will inevitably get 100% of the blame for this - but also from certain parents who've decided that as their weans don't have to wear it why should they bother. There was also the case of some middle-aged women loudly complaining on a train yesterday about why oh why is nobody bothering with masks anymore, while wearing their shitey blue surgical efforts below the nose throughout this conversation and so rendering them completely useless. The problem here has been caused by the government granting people all sorts of bullshit exceptions that others are now assuming that they too can claim when challenged by saying that they've got asthma or 'a hidden disability' to avoid the minor inconvenience of wearing them. There should be zero exceptions: if you don't want to or can't wear a mask then you shouldn't be in a public space during an ongoing pandemic. Anyone who doesn't want to get with that program gets a truncheon in the face for their trouble: problem solved. 

Well, yes it's fair to be sceptical about whether younger kids are in fact less liable to spread the virus. But I think it's still true that keeping primary school kids away from school will have greater negative impact than for secondary kids. Given our ultra cautious approach in other areas, like not allowing any spectators at all at an outdoor  football match, it's odd to see a crowd in excess of that at the average league one or two match cram into a typical Scottish high school.

No deaths in Scotland again. 15th July was the last. Infections hovering around the 40-50 mark.
Maybe time to ease restrictions a little (gyms, swimming pools?) and see where that takes us? Am I right in thinking a review is due on Thursday?
We already have an indicative date for those, it's 14 September. Given when the date was given daily new cases were near enough in single figs I think it's safe to say we will see no acceleration from the dates given even more so until the effects of the schools returning are clear.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Steven W said:
No deaths in Scotland again. 15th July was the last. Infections hovering around the 40-50 mark.
Maybe time to ease restrictions a little (gyms, swimming pools?) and see where that takes us? Am I right in thinking a review is due on Thursday?

We already have an indicative date for those, it's 14 September. Given when the date was given daily new cases were near enough in single figs I think it's safe to say we will see no acceleration from the dates given even more so until the effects of the schools returning are clear.

What if the 0 deaths trend continues until then but cases are still above single figures?

There were 5 Covid deaths in the week ending 09 August, according to the Scottish Government's own stats - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

Presumably these deaths occurred after the 28 day cut off so aren't added to the total. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see the planned relaxations quietly scrapped if the cases remain as they are either. We're probably nearing the point where alarmism is about to take over.