Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Thats yer scary hospital reports back on the telebox

They've had several months to try and prepare the NHS for this and manage some semblance of a service to treat people who don't have Covid. 

I've little doubt nothing will have happened and it'll be effectively shut again, shafting yet more people out of the treatment they need. 

I found one of my referrals from February still untouched today.  Funnily enough what was then a routine issue is now presenting quite a problem for said patient.  Replicate that thousands of times and you have the backlog from hell that will never shift.
Still as long as that terrifying R number is under control that's all that matters.  Hang on surely it was the ability of the NHS to cope with an influx.  Well it did at its height with the Louisa Jordan not even used.  This was when the most vulnerable in society were getting ill.
Now we have hundreds of positives mostly younger people who are fit and well and the screams are lockdown lockdown.  Get a sense of perspective ffs.  Flu season will be a marvellous add on.
The level of fear drummed up by the media etc is horrendous.  Also no wonder we have been so timid when you have the likes of Devi S spouting her pish and advising utter tripe.
Good luck rebuilding this country if a full lockdown happens again as the economy is already teetering on the brink and the main victims, those are low paid.
Jesus wept its beyond belief.   Oh incidentally one of Scotlands largest hospitals had a total of 6 possible Covid patient's at the weekend.   
Let those who are afraid to go out stay in, let those who want to shield, shield.  Let those who are keen go get on with life do it,  wear a mask, wash their hands properly etc.
This potential sledgehammer approach is ridiculously over the top.

The one area I increasingly think there needs to be a sledgehammer approach is face masks - too many are taking the piss.

Our leaders have failed us.

This first lockdown was a cock up of epic proportions. And now we find ourselves in the same position again six months later. A vaccine (in this country) seems as far away as ever. The economy is trashed.

No end in sight

Edited by Steven W

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
37 minutes ago, Tynierose said:
I found one of my referrals from February still untouched today.  Funnily enough what was then a routine issue is now presenting quite a problem for said patient.  Replicate that thousands of times and you have the backlog from hell that will never shift.
Still as long as that terrifying R number is under control that's all that matters.  Hang on surely it was the ability of the NHS to cope with an influx.  Well it did at its height with the Louisa Jordan not even used.  This was when the most vulnerable in society were getting ill.
Now we have hundreds of positives mostly younger people who are fit and well and the screams are lockdown lockdown.  Get a sense of perspective ffs.  Flu season will be a marvellous add on.
The level of fear drummed up by the media etc is horrendous.  Also no wonder we have been so timid when you have the likes of Devi S spouting her pish and advising utter tripe.
Good luck rebuilding this country if a full lockdown happens again as the economy is already teetering on the brink and the main victims, those are low paid.
Jesus wept its beyond belief.   Oh incidentally one of Scotlands largest hospitals had a total of 6 possible Covid patient's at the weekend.   
Let those who are afraid to go out stay in, let those who want to shield, shield.  Let those who are keen go get on with life do it,  wear a mask, wash their hands properly etc.
This potential sledgehammer approach is ridiculously over the top.

The one area I increasingly think there needs to be a sledgehammer approach is face masks - too many are taking the piss.

Let's be serious. The washable ones especially don't really do anything.