Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
This is true. Naturally if a person has covid symptoms and returns a positive test then it's fairly likely they are infected and infectious.
When asked if the SG knew whether or not the positive results they get back come from people with or without symptoms, the answer was "no"
I'd argue we should now be at a stage where "symptoms yes/no" and "cycles to achieve positive" should be known and digested by the government, if not read out to us.

It doesn't help when 27% of all booked tests are made by people without symptoms and hence should not be tested. A pre testing screening process would help.

Realistically, how do you do this though?

These people have already lied about having symptoms to get to make an appointment. What's to stop them lying at a pre-testing screening process?

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
This is true. Naturally if a person has covid symptoms and returns a positive test then it's fairly likely they are infected and infectious.
When asked if the SG knew whether or not the positive results they get back come from people with or without symptoms, the answer was "no"
I'd argue we should now be at a stage where "symptoms yes/no" and "cycles to achieve positive" should be known and digested by the government, if not read out to us.

It doesn't help when 27% of all booked tests are made by people without symptoms and hence should not be tested. A pre testing screening process would help.

I agree. But how do you screen for a change in taste or smell? Beyond asking, which the booking page does anyway?

If the government want to stoke the fire for months to increase the perceived personal threat level, they can't complain when idiots then book tests.

These people have already lied about having symptoms to get to make an appointment. What's to stop them lying at a pre-testing screening process?
Know what the 27% figure, that was the official figure Harding gave yesterday. By pre screening I mean by medical staff, hard to kid a doctor surely if you are totally fit and healthy. Persistent Cough obvious, fever easily detected. It would put most of the chancers off just knowing you would be screened first.

'children aged two to 11 and young people aged 17 to 34 had most positive tests.' (from the BBC)...yet the rumblings about any rolling/semi/whatever next lockdown seem to indicate that schools will not close, and will continue to be open at full capacity....no hint of any blended model coming into play.

We could end up with a two week period where only hospitals, supermarkets and schools are open.

Sturgeon: "And above all we want to keep schools and childcare open because we know how important that is to the education and to the broader wellbeing of children and young people."

Edited by Jedi

Make everyone have to sniff a huge dog shit. Anyone that gags is sent away without a test.

If this is too radical what about eat a bells steak pie.

No. I invite you to explain what part of the maths described is wrong, though.
I'll wait.
Pointless arguing the 2nd wave is now "official" the govt will take no notice whether right wrong or indifferent. It makes no difference to the narrative. Folk are looking for a silver bullet that will end this circus, it won't be found unfortunately even if it does exist.

Just now, ICTChris said:

I've read stuff about the false positive rates being very high in these situations but I don't understand the maths of it so didn't post anything about it.

The best way to get away with it is to say "I found this very interesting" and offer no other comment.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

The best way to get away with it is to say "I found this very interesting" and offer no other comment.

Interesting *shares PHD thesis on themonuclear physics written entirely in ancient Greek*

*strokes chin knowingly*

Pretty sure downing Street has been preparing for a 2nd wave for a few months now. Not in secret either, so I don't really see what is new about Johnson's announcement. 

Read yesterday that care homes down south have been told to prepare to accept covid+ patients imminently too. Sounds like a solid plan 👊 

Edited by madwullie

11 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I think I'll wait until I've read Danger's interpretation of the figures.

At this rate he'll be back going to the shops with his wife before the October Holidays.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's almost like the bumbling c**t johnson wants something to deflect from his disatrous brexit negotiations.  A shower of incompetent fuckwits.

Watch Nicola tuck firmly in behind him though. Must. Not. Lead.

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's almost like the bumbling c**t johnson wants something to deflect from his disatrous brexit negotiations.  A shower of incompetent fuckwits.

He wants something to deflect off into the sea. A harbour wall perhaps.

Edited by 8MileBU