Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A lot of older people don’t have the means to use home delivery, or have someone who can do it for them. Also home delivery is shit when they give you a replacement item if one you order is out of stock, not to mention them giving you fresh products out of date on that day or the next, but whatever, I’m in the minority of not accepting “rules” blindly 

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, madwullie said:

lol is this what you're incandescent about? 

In plain sight 😂 What's described there is basically how we live with flu. 

We have a normal life, we use vaccination infrastructure to ensure the necessary people are as safe as possible, and the powers that be are on alert at all times for a new strain / particularly bad season, then take measures to deal with it ie as close to normal life as possible. Fucking. Hell. 

I didnt know we had to wear face masks and not be allowed crowds because of the flu. 

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

They'll be dancing in the streets of Morton to go up two divisions 

4cdc6403b22c61b03b92d23333f90bc8.gif.498506b68d9a8e4b44777a3e96d1ac8a.gif

Didn't realise we were actually getting a place in a European Super League from this. 

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:
2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Edinburgh to be in Tier 3 apparently. 
Wonder if Glasgow and the surrounding areas will be in Tier 4. 

The Scotsman saying that Lanarkshire is under consideration for Level 4. That would be gutting but probably not surprising.

Just nuke the place. And then nuke it again just to be on the safe side.

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I didnt know we had to wear face masks and not be allowed crowds because of the flu. 

Hi mate, measures can be taken behind the scenes by the big bad government. Posters in doctors surgeries, GPs contacting the vulnerable, stockpiles of medicine, NHS on alert even adverts on the telly. It may look normal to you but it isn't necessarily so for everyone. 

HTH

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There are a great deal of unknowns to deal with here. Assuming a vaccine does become available towards the end of the year it is still likely to be into the end of Q1 2021 before there is a more general vaccination programme in place. So yeah, I don't blame doctors who use de-escalating language to describe the immediate effects of a vaccine. It'd make the winter a hell of a lot worse if compliance for restrictions went out the window because people assumed that the worst was over, and the cavalry was just over the next hill.

Assume the virus becomes endemic, and with the kind of percentages they are quoting for effectiveness, we can probably start to treat it like the flu, but it is still likely to be a case of increased vigilance through Covid 'season' whatever the hell that ends up being. 

No one can give guarantees, so language is drawn as broadly as possible. This doesn't engender a sense of security or well being, and will likely increase general anxiety. That's not great but also not really avoidable I guess. I think anyone who sees this as a means of Government flexing societal control is way off to be honest. No one wants to be draining budgets and wasting political capital in a drawn out shitfest like this. Further, I'm not convinced that a government bent on authoritarian rule would manufacture a crisis that encourages people to use face coverings that obscure facial recognition technology, but that's just me.

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I was going by this. You are grasping the thinnest of straws here mate seriously. This is the definition of scaremongering. 

Screenshot_20201026-182648_Chrome.jpg

Going in to greater detail is grasping at straws? 😂

Maybe try reading the SG's document in full before deciding if it's "nearly normal"

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

And you'd be happy with that?

Content, not happy not in happy. If I can't give my pals a hug I think that's a fairly reasonable sacrifice for the most vulnerable.

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Hi mate, measures can be taken behind the scenes by the big bad government. Posters in doctors surgeries, GPs contacting the vulnerable, even adverts on the telly. It may look normal to you but it isn't necessarily so for everyone. 

HTH

You really are a condescending arsehole. I’m well aware of what they do in the lead up to flu season. Again though, I don’t see us wearing masks and stopping sports crowds and gigs when it’s “normal” flu after a vaccine, but we’d be expected to have those rules for “normal” covid after a vaccine

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Content, not happy not in happy. If I can't give my pals a hug I think that's a fairly reasonable sacrifice for the most vulnerable.

Indefinitely? And let's be serious, it would be much more than that.

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

What happened to permanently? And who do you think are planning this, and why? Votes?

Edited by welshbairn

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Going in to greater detail is grasping at straws? 😂

Maybe try reading the SG's document in full before deciding if it's "nearly normal"

Mate this is one of the reachiest reaches I've ever seen. Seriously. The govt have no interest in stretching out this shitshow for any longer than is required. I'm sorry you're so frightened  by the prospect of a lifetime of mask wearing and not being able to see accies in groups of more than 4. I can only give you my personal guarantee it won't come to that.

If globally everyone was back to normal yet here they were forcing you to queue outside tescos, the government would last about 3 weeks. I don't know what else I can say.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes if we could get back to visiting in each others houses with social distancing I would be content. I would hope that would mean a return to tightly controlled sports crowds but if that's not to be so be it.

Just now, madwullie said:

Mate this is one of the reachiest reaches I've ever seen. Seriously. The govt have no interest in stretching out this shitshow for any longer than is required. 

... Except that the SG already stretched out restrictions longer than required this summer because it listened to Devi Sridhar's nonsense pipe dream about acheiving zero Covid, thereby wasting weeks of everybody's time.

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You really are a condescending arsehole. I’m well aware of what they do in the lead up to flu season. Again though, I don’t see us wearing masks and stopping sports crowds and gigs when it’s “normal” flu after a vaccine, but we’d be expected to have those rules for “normal” covid after a vaccine

If you're well aware of what they do in the lead up to flu season, and that's not really normal, then what exactly is it you're predicting here, and based on what. 

There are more measures than just masks and avoiding crowds, as you're obviously well aware of as you seemingly know all these measures from bad flu seasons. 

Call me a name again and I'll be reporting you to the moderators. This is meant to be a safe space.