Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

This is a genuine question - why wouldn't this work? It sounds reasonable to me barring technology challenges or getting kids to engage when they're at home.

And disciplined carers making sure they get down to it.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

This is a genuine question - why wouldn't this work? It sounds reasonable to me barring technology challenges or getting kids to engage when they're at home.

Because the SNP say schools are safe. They can't be wrong.

Because pupils don't all have computers.

Even if there is a computer it is often shared with siblings or even parents working from home.

The only way you can guarantee that pupils at least have access to work is to provide paper-based copies of online resources.

It doesn't guarantee they will do the work but is better than nothing - if you are goijng blended you then need to follow up with work set - assuming you have time to do so.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Even if the technology didn't, the alternate weeks attendance would help.

I can only speak for my school/authority (I don't know which this goes through), but even the mere idea of us all streaming lessons would send our internet into meltdown.

It routinely takes around an hour to upload the short 5-10 minute video clips we've been producing.

I can only speak for my school/authority (I don't know which this goes through), but even the mere idea of us all streaming lessons would send our internet into meltdown.
It routinely takes around an hour to upload the short 5-10 minute video clips we've been producing.
I made the point before - even before all this we needed a big investment in ICT.

No offence but I think children will manage to survive a month or so without weekly ICT or Admin classes during a global pandemic.

I don't know for sure but society doesn't seem to have broken down yet in Canada, Germany and parts of the USA since blended learning was introduced.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
8 minutes ago, David W said:

I made the point before - even before all this we needed a big investment in ICT.

Didn't realise Caley were the SG's equivalent of Dynamo Berlin tbh

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

No offence but I think children will manage to survive a month or so without weekly ICT or Admin classes during a global pandemic.

I don't know for sure but society doesn't seem to have broken down yet in Canada, Germany and parts of the USA since blended learning was introduced.

Time for some more of your magnificent graphs to prove that blending learning significantly reduces school age transmission.

Just now, heedthebaa said:

Genuine question, in your opinion, what have the SG done different to WM to benefit ridding us of this virus ???? 

Nothing beneficial for sure.

Now, you can argue that their hands are largely tied, and I think most would accept that. But you can't argue that at the same time as suggesting they've done well, or better.

No offence but I think children will manage to survive a month or so without weekly ICT or Admin classes during a global pandemic. I don't know for sure but society doesn't seem to have broken down yet in Canada, Germany and parts of the USA since blended learning was introduced.

It was more a criticism of someone who thought you could teach half the class remotely at the same time as those in school. 

It's utter fantasy from someone who does not have a clue about social deprivation - there are other more sensible options for providing blended learning.