Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

No national 3 week school closure. LAs to continue to decide school holidays on a local basis. Odd decision presumably down to push back from the LAs themselves.

Did you find out about the 100 sheet payment mate?Β 

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Covid 22 released soon by China imo

It's just a completely warped viewpoint. I don't understand how anyone could genuinely think, especially with the news today, that there will never be a time when we can have a party.

It's a ridiculous thing for someone in JVT's position to say.

Wtf is this gimp talking about?

If you watched the whole thing VTam and Bozo had a bit of a spat a couple of times over removing restrictions, clearly there us a difference of opinion there. He also said more than once that the level of folk refusing the vaccine will dictate directly the removal of restrictions.

Β 

The woman ITV wheeled out said "months" of masks, SD and avoiding crowds AFTER the majority are vaccinated so we can "see what's the protection levels are like in reality". I thought that's what all the trials and testing was for !

Β 

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's just a completely warped viewpoint. I don't understand how anyone could genuinely think, especially with the news today, that there will never be a time when we can have a party.

This type of talk puts me on edge tbh. He needs to shut the f**k up with that sort of statement, especially when he is (perhaps correctly) saying covid will be with us forever.

People will be vaccinated against it. Some people will die from it. Which puts it bang in line with Christ knows how many other available illnesses. Honeslt ycant even begin to describe how seething i'll be to see restrictions placed on football stadiums etc, even into the summer. Just f**k right off. More than enough has been sacrificed

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I assume he is meaning that there won’t be a specific point where it essentially goes from restricted to β€˜have a massive party’ and everyone can suddenlyΒ celebrate Covid as over.

Unless he genuinely think people won’t ever again have parties/large gatherings and has gone completely insane.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I assume he is meaning that there won’t be a specific point where it essentially goes from restricted to β€˜have a massive party’ and everyone can suddenlyΒ celebrate Covid as over.

Unless he genuinely think people won’t ever again have parties/large gatherings and has gone completely insane.

Probably makes more sense tbh, and I understand medical scientists are going to take the over cautious approach, but i'd hope folk like the lassie mentioned in the post above mine get firmly telt that whilst it would be nice to sit back and evaluate the results fully, whilst you are doing that people are paying a heavy price

This type of talk puts me on edge tbh. He needs to shut the f**k up with that sort of statement, especially when he is (perhaps correctly) saying covid will be with us forever.
People will be vaccinated against it. Some people will die from it. Which puts it bang in line with Christ knows how many other available illnesses. Honeslt ycant even begin to describe how seething i'll be to see restrictions placed on football stadiums etc, even into the summer. Just f**k right off. More than enough has been sacrificed

Aye tae f**k with this β€œ we’ll never go back to being at close contact with people we don’t live with β€œ pish, it’s a fact of life, we don’t shut down the entire world for other diseases. Life simply must go on,

21 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There may not be a specific "VC Day" but there will be a time when the answer to the question "can I have a party?" will be "yes."

It won't be over like a war is what he's saying. He's right it will take months and lots of ups and downs. Next summer into autumn in hoping to be back to normal.

After I've finished my best/worst thread contribution and sorted my dead pool team, I'll need to start on reasons to continue to be more anti-social than I was before. I've been lucky, but my Covid positive experience has greater positive impact than the negative.

I wouldn't care if my local area was in lockdown forever but I do want to leave it to visit elsewhere.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

It won't be over like a war is what he's saying. He's right it will take months and lots of ups and downs. Next summer into autumn in hoping to be back to normal.

But there will be a moment for each of us where we can have a big party. Where we canΒ fire the masks etc into the bin.

Replying "no I don't" to thatΒ question, and compounding it by suggesting habits such as distancing etc will persist for years is ridiculous, and should be clarified urgently.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Aye that's how I took it as well, that there's not going to be a moment where a switch is flicked and the whole country is suddenly jumping from restrictions back to normal society as it was in February 2020 overnight, rather than getting back there gradually over a period of weeks/months.

Of course, you'd think by this point people in a position of responsibility would be aware of the need for clarity and to avoid ambiguous wording that can easily be misinterpreted.

But there will be a moment for each of us where we can have a big party. Where we canΒ fire the masks etc into the bin.
Replying "no I don't" to thatΒ question, and compounding it by suggesting habits such as distancing etc will persist for years is ridiculous, and should be clarified urgently.
I see what you mean, he's always airing on the side of caution though. I quite like him as he doesn't seem like a bullshitter. Surprised that the tories use him.