Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Holiday companies/ airlines should be encouraged to blacklist families that can't behave. Worse than drunk imo at least they are likely to get a smack in the puss and a night in the cells for their troubles, Sandra and Kenny who keep shrieking about how "wee Jimmy is just being curious" as he wanders around the plane or that "hope you don't mind but he doesn't like aircraft" and spends the entire flight screaming. 
Butlins for the lot of them.

9am-6pm they sat at the pool drinking and reading the sun all day. The kids however ran around the hotel screaming and shouting.

I also overheard him moan that the Spanish cannot make a good egg at the breakfast buffet one morning.

I started laughing at the walking talking Brexit stereotype when I overheard that line.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

9am-6pm they sat at the pool drinking and reading the sun all day. The kids however ran around the hotel screaming and shouting.

I also overheard him moan that the Spanish cannot make a good egg at the breakfast buffet one morning.

I started laughing at the walking talking Brexit stereotype when I overheard that line.

A beer belly, covered in tattoos wearing England shorts per chance?

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I honestly don't know why foreign places pander to the levels of getting newspapers from the UK in.

Feel for the kids family holidays should be a time for parents to spend good quality time with their kids without work and shit weather interrupting proceedings now it seems parents want a holiday like they had before kids. The lesson of Gerry and Kate doesn't seem to have sunk in for all too many.

Are we off topic?

Absolute NAP that the 'ahve got asma* tho' brigade latch onto today's advice on allergies to try and get their way out of a nip in the arm, just like the highly dangerous requirement to wear a face covering in an enclosed public area.

More truncheons to the face needed.

*95% of which being just fat chain-smokers

Just now, virginton said:

Absolute NAP that the 'ahve got asma* tho' brigade latch onto today's advice on allergies to try and get their way out of a nip in the arm, just like the highly dangerous requirement to wear a face covering in an enclosed public area.

So dangerous that a facemask would kill them but not so dangerous that taking no precautions during a global pandemic isn't an issue.

I think you're being too kind with a truncheon.

44 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It doesn't take 9 hours to read The Sun. 9 minutes, maybe.

34 minutes ago, 101 said:

I honestly don't know why foreign places pander to the levels of getting newspapers from the UK in.

Feel for the kids family holidays should be a time for parents to spend good quality time with their kids without work and shit weather interrupting proceedings now it seems parents want a holiday like they had before kids. The lesson of Gerry and Kate doesn't seem to have sunk in for all too many.

Are we off topic?

Because they can sell them.

I am amazed that Swinney has changed his mind. He is as incompetent as Hancock and the like. Given that it took until last Friday to have the N5 resources released, I am not holding out much hope that he and the SQA will have any plan of how this is supposed to unfold.

Just looking at the proposed timescales today just shows how clueless SQA are.  

We've been informed today that if SQA ask to look at some schools' evidence in January they will expect to see some of that being materials issued by SQA.

Considering we only got them last Friday for one course and the week before for another then they are utterly delusional.

We were told in October they woukd issue materials - how on earth did they take 2 months to deal with this?

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

I had a word with someone in Benefits (apologies for the delay to whoever asked me to check) who I know today. They sent me a full slide show but the pertinent part per the discussion last week is

"The payment is per child not per household.

However, P1-3 pupils receiving free school meals due to universal provision, not due to low income, are not eligible.

So contrary to what had been said here parents of pupils in P1-P3 who therefore automatically qualify for free school will be eligible to apply for the £100 winter grant as they are calling it assuming the parents are in receipt of the qualifying benefits. There is no blanket exclusion of families with kids in P1-P3. There was clearly a misinterpretation posted here previously. Apply now to your LA details should be on their website.

ETA this is the Covid £100 hardship grant for 

How will the council identify the families whose income would make them eligible for the £100 but they have not provided their details to the council as getting free meals anyway.

15 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Because they can sell them.

I assumed they were given away. I've never been to a hotel selling newspapers, or maybe I've never bought a newspaper in a hotel is more accurate.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I assumed they were given away. I've never been to a hotel selling newspapers, or maybe I've never bought a newspaper in a hotel is more accurate.

I'm not sure if hotels sell them, but the wee shops and supermarkets do.

My dad used to send me to the nearest shop when I went on holiday with my family on a Saturday for the paper.

He figured if anything major happened when we were away we’d find out regardless, but grabbing a paper on the Saturday morning let him check what was happening.

They used to charge about €3 a paper from memory.

When I was in my teens I used to love the summer transfer window so used to buy a paper on holiday to see what was happening. This was only about 15 years ago so it was extortionate to use mobile internet abroad and wifi wasn't a thing.

Just in case anyone's interested.

50 minutes ago, virginton said:

Had a couple on the broomy bus the day, one saying they had COPD and another a wheezing 40 fag a day harradin. Both looked as if they should really be trying to protect themselves never mind others by taking sensible precautions. The other oldies were agreeing with them on how horrible it was to wear a bit of cloth over their faces, stupid auld c***s.

Last time I went abroad, my girlfriend and I chose to go in May, hoping to avoid school holidays.

There was a family from Birmingham there that ruined everyone’s week. The kids were little b*****ds and most definitely put me off ever having kids.
Dont let that put you off having kids. Let it put you off being a lazy arsehole of a parent

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My dad used to send me to the nearest shop when I went on holiday with my family on a Saturday for the paper.

He figured if anything major happened when we were away we’d find out regardless, but grabbing a paper on the Saturday morning let him check what was happening.

They used to charge about €3 a paper from memory.

They were seriously dear compared to UK prices.