Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm a human being. A boomer is Aussie slang for a large male kangaroo, often the dominant male in a group. Not known for their typing skills, access to internet or grasp of English. So probably not, no.

Plus, I don't have a pouch. Shame, really, they look fucking handy.

Neither does a boomer.

Can only assume Nicola Sturgeon is trying to ensure the destruction of the aviation industry by saying she "wouldn't book a holiday next summer."

Given we have started to vaccinate in early December I can't see a reason, at the current point in time, why a summer holiday should not be possible.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Can only assume Nicola Sturgeon is trying to ensure the destruction of the aviation industry by saying she "wouldn't book a holiday next summer."
Given we have started to vaccinate in early December I can't see a reason why a summer holiday should not be possible.
Utterly ludicrous. Leitch pointing out the fact that in total strains were wiped out, only to be replaced as soon as any travel was allowed should actually serve to completely dispel any notion of "zero covid" and instead confirm right now that since that is impossible and travel bans into summer is totally disproportionate, we can go ahead and book holidays whilst they concentrate on ensuring the appropriate protective measure (enough vaccines administered) goes smoothly

I had a look for more information on the £100 thing but couldn’t see it.

I had a word with someone in Benefits (apologies for the delay to whoever asked me to check) who I know today. They sent me a full slide show but the pertinent part per the discussion last week is

"The payment is per child not per household.

However, P1-3 pupils receiving free school meals due to universal provision, not due to low income, are not eligible.

So contrary to what had been said here parents of pupils in P1-P3 who therefore automatically qualify for free school will be eligible to apply for the £100 winter grant as they are calling it assuming the parents are in receipt of the qualifying benefits. There is no blanket exclusion of families with kids in P1-P3. There was clearly a misinterpretation posted here previously. Apply now to your LA details should be on their website.

ETA this is the Covid £100 hardship grant for children.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given we have started to vaccinate in early December I can't see a reason, at the current point in time, why a summer holiday should not be possible.

Todd DRoss.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I had a word with someone in Benefits (apologies for the delay to whoever asked me to check) who I know today. They sent me a full slide show but the pertinent part per the discussion last week is

However, P1-3 pupils receiving free school meals due to universal provision, not due to low income, are not eligible.

So contrary to what had been said here parents of pupils in P1-P3 who therefore automatically qualify for free school will be eligible to apply for the £100 winter grant as they are calling it assuming the parents are in receipt of the qualifying benefits. There is no blanket exclusion of families with kids in P1-P3. There was clearly a misinterpretation posted here previously. Apply now to your LA details should be on their website.

Thanks I’ll go and have a look and I’ll also send it to school to circulate once I find it.

People with severe allergies are being advised not to take the Pfizer vaccine after a couple of nurses took a reaction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122

Not sure how common this is with vaccines. Although not exactly the same I remember my son having to have the MMR vaccine in hospital and under supervision as he was allergic to egg at the time

...Given we have started to vaccinate in early December I can't see a reason, at the current point in time, why a summer holiday should not be possible.

Unless she knows something about OxfordAZ the rest of us don't? That seems unlikely so think she's probably just finding it difficult to let go of her nanny state role.

I don't blame her, anyone who goes on holiday during the summer holidays and doesn't have kids mental I'm sure she'll be enjoying a month off mid September/October when the flights are no longer rammed with families.

In fact I'm all for local and international travel banned during school holidays.

I don't blame her, anyone who goes on holiday during the summer holidays and doesn't have kids mental I'm sure she'll be enjoying a month off mid September/October when the flights are no longer rammed with families.
In fact I'm all for local and international travel banned during school holidays.

Last time I went abroad, my girlfriend and I chose to go in May, hoping to avoid school holidays.

There was a family from Birmingham there that ruined everyone’s week. The kids were little b*****ds and most definitely put me off ever having kids.

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Last time I went abroad, my girlfriend and I chose to go in May, hoping to avoid school holidays.

There was a family from Birmingham there that ruined everyone’s week. The kids were little b*****ds and most definitely put me off ever having kids.

Holiday companies/ airlines should be encouraged to blacklist families that can't behave. Worse than drunk imo at least they are likely to get a smack in the puss and a night in the cells for their troubles, Sandra and Kenny who keep shrieking about how "wee Jimmy is just being curious" as he wanders around the plane or that "hope you don't mind but he doesn't like aircraft" and spends the entire flight screaming. 

Butlins for the lot of them.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cant help but think if she feels foreign travel is such a bad thing she could have stopped travel back in march and not let thousands of foreign students into the country untested in August?

If she had the power I'm certain the border would have been shut.

42 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

People with severe allergies are being advised not to take the Pfizer vaccine after a couple of nurses took a reaction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122

Not sure how common this is with vaccines. Although not exactly the same I remember my son having to have the MMR vaccine in hospital and under supervision as he was allergic to egg at the time

My middle one was the same with mmr and until last year got the jab instead of nasal at flu vaccine. Would imagine she’ll get it under supervision as has multiple allergies.

52 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

ETA this is the Covid £100 hardship grant for children.

Not seeing anything on LA site, they are doing payments for free school meal kids but don’t know if that’s different.