Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Hibs concede a last minute equaliser.

Tier 4 announced.

Looking forward to completing a hat trick tomorrow with Hearts winning the Scottish Cup to complete a weekend of misery.

We're all hoping for that!

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

entitled twat, so what you're saying is '''m protecting what's mine'' and everyone else can get fucked ? Maybe its you who should go to your son in London, Your f**k you jack attitude is the norm down there.

Entitled, because my son has to travel because he has nowhere else to live ?

f**k you, you c**t. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Entitled, because my son has to travel because he has nowhere else to live ?

f**k you, you c**t. 

That's essential travel mate. I wouldn't worry about it. 

As is whoever's missus needs to go to norn to look after their vulnerable maw. 

What did anyone really expect ahead of a vaccine roll out, it's only getting a decent percentage of the population vaccinated that is going to lead to any chance of anything less than T3/4 for the vast majority of us. Given that was never going to happen this side of Easter what real difference does today's announcement make. It changes nothing medium to long term. Christmas should only ever have been a 1 day relaxation at most. 

Schools now closed too to appease that lobby yet still we seem multiple complaints. Honestly did anyone expect anything different in January / February ???

I don't know about everyone else but I expected another lockdown at some point. However, I thought that would be under the pretence of "we've fucked it over Christmas so we need to bring cases back down" or "we need to take strain off the NHS so we can get the vaccine out quicker".

Instead we're being sold a lockdown under a new, more infectious variant of Covid with no indication of any end to this.

Its just soul destroying.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What did anyone really expect ahead of a vaccine roll out

Literally no one asked for the 5 day window that they announced out of the blue.

It's amateur as f**k to announce such a window to get a pat on the back, then just a few weeks later rip it up and fire the entire country into level 4 restrictions because SEVENTEEN people out of 5.5m have tested positive for a virus.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What did anyone really expect ahead of a vaccine roll out, it's only getting a decent percentage of the population vaccinated that is going to lead to any chance of anything less than T3/4 for the vast majority of us. Given that was never going to happen this side of Easter what real difference does today's announcement make. It changes nothing medium to long term. Christmas should only ever have been a 1 day relaxation at most.

Schools now closed too to appease that lobby yet still we seem multiple complaints. Honestly did anyone expect anything different in January / February ???

The tier system was meant to be the set of restrictions that would be needed until there was an effective treatment. There are not only drugs and other direct medical treatments for serious disease, but also a fucking parade of different vaccines. The goalposts have therefore been shifted massively in favour of lockdowns and restrictions when the cost-benefit for these interventions is not there to justify that.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Not to put words in people's mouths, but I'd imagine given the hellish year everyone has had, which may include loss of loved ones, people had been looking forward to some time spent with family next week which has now been ripped away. On top of that, we have now had confirmation of a brutal few weeks which start in less than 7 days time. God forbid anyone is annoyed at that 🤨

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
15 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:
entitled twat, so what you're saying is '''m protecting what's mine'' and everyone else can get fucked ? Maybe its you who should go to your son in London, Your f**k you jack attitude is the norm down there.

That's bang out of order mate, it really is !

is it really ?

OD9VXo9.jpg

I don't know about everyone else but I expected another lockdown at some point. However, I thought that would be under the pretence of "we've fucked it over Christmas so we need to bring cases back down" or "we need to take strain off the NHS so we can get the vaccine out quicker". 
Instead we're being sold a lockdown under a new, more infectious variant of Covid with no indication of any end to this.

Its just soul destroying.

So the outcome was the same just a different narrative. We need the vaccine is the simple answer.

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I’m pretty sick of the government. Jason Leitch was on the radio again today saying the government were just trying to be fair to everyone but realised they were ending up pleasing nobody. It’ll be interesting to see how that works out come the election.

Yeah, I'm at the point where I'm absolutely scunnered as well.

Been working from home since March and with the exception of the Halcyon days of Aug and Sep when things repoened, have only really been to local shops, to the gym to keep some sanity and have been in my own (physical) company every day, bar a few.

Was clinging to things returning to semi-normality by Apr, but reckon that''s very ambitious now... The vaccine roll-out will probably have a fair few hiccups along the way.

Reckon we're probably talking Q3, by which time we'll have missed summer and it will be dark nights again etc.

Hopefully things turn up though.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I’m pretty sick of the government. Jason Leitch was on the radio again today saying the government were just trying to be fair to everyone but realised they were ending up pleasing nobody. It’ll be interesting to see how that works out come the election.

Sadly it'll make no difference as your lifelong cult members like @Wee Willie will donate and vote for them for eternity

I will note that this is a bit of a self-serving post before I start.  

I went for a long weekend to Berlin in March and had the following week off work, when I returned the following Monday I was sent home on furlough half way through the day.  

I went back to work initially part time in October doing half days etcband then for one full week at the start of November, by the end  of that week Glasgow as always was still under heavy restrictions and England announced their lockdown to the start of December, back on furlough.  

I'm due back in the office on Monday and now this, I'm presuming they'll furlough me when I finish up on the 23rd. 

Spoiler

Clearly the obvious option is to just pay me a wage and keep me out of work.  

Not to put words in people's mouths, but I'd imagine given the hellish year everyone has had, which may include loss of loved ones, people had been looking forward to some time spent with family next week which has now been ripped away. On top of that, we have now had confirmation of a brutal few weeks which start in less than 7 days time. God forbid anyone is annoyed at that [emoji2955]
We still can on Christmas day what exactly were you planning given all the precautions or warnings over the last week. Christmas day is and always was plenty despite what was announced previously.

Of course this is 1 massive f**k up by all the UKGs but I still don't get that anyone was hoping for or expecting anything different from the actual outcome. Most of those now complaining have been openly predicting it on here for weeks !

It's utter shite, it really is but hardly a surprise so on that basis not the hard pill to swallow some are making out. I personally expected nothing different, perhaps I just have low expectations of government.

23 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

Already been one edgelord emptied tonight for being a dick to others, best not make it 2 m9.

I'll tell you know, it will be an SNP landslide like it or not !

I take the view it would have been very easy for SG to do nothing. Numbers were falling and it would have been a simple call to keep things as they were and just reiterate that folk should limit Christmas interactions. Would have been popular compared to the Boris and Welsh situations. The fact she's gone blanket level 4 means she's worried.