Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

This lockdown is fucking shite. I am working from home again which is fine. Was fine the first time as the weather was decent and could chuck the kids outside. The weather is pish resulting in my son being an absolute arsehole because he is bored.

To quote my mum when I was younger:

"You're bored?  Oh well, the house needs a dust and hoover, the car needs a wash and we can also do with some more milk from the shop".

Never again was I 'bored'.

46 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
58 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
You're right. It's worked amazingly and helped avoid any tightening of restrictions...
Once we have worked our way down the priority list, we can dismantle the testing infrastructure IMO, and test and trace. Unless you are advocating mass testing, tracing, and mandatory isolation periods for any and all endemic viruses with low CFRs, in which case you are absolutely mental.

Chinese people living a normal life through testing. I guess I'm mental.

The Chinese ignore anyone who tests positive but have no symptoms. Is that the game you want to play?

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

All well and good but WH Smith (the newsagent) doesn't sell milk and papers form a tiny part of their business. Absolutely no need to be open similar to the other businesses I listed. Corner shops are rightly open to enable you to get that pint of milk or a paper that keeps your morale up. As I said we are playing at lockdown and stay at home.

WH smith also sells stationery and other office related supplies which are essential items if you're working from home.

I've been watching the known infection numbers in China for a few days to see if there has been any increases there. It's is going up by only a dozen a day and still around 350 which in a country with the size of population it has is incredible. I still wonder if they have either played a blinder or are at super boss level bullshitting.
Given that China bullshitting is the reason that a large part of the world is currently in the shit, I'm going to go for that option.

Why would a cornershop be allowed to stay open and a newsagent shouldn't, are they not the same thing?
The ones here are all day today, spar etc basically mini markets that happen to sell papers. WH smith is a totally different operation. They are using the papers route to keep trading whilst continuing to sell all their other lines as being open enables them to do.

WH smith also sells stationery and other office related supplies which are essential items if you're working from home.
Not sure who you work for but we have been fully supplied with enough stationary to last us years, wife is constantly moaning about the box we were all given sitting in the dining room floor but I suppose some might not have although stationary is easily bought online.

Florists ? Bed Shops ? Furniture Shops, Wine and Whisky shop ?

The Chinese ignore anyone who tests positive but have no symptoms. Is that the game you want to play?
Do you wanna get sucked in, Alan? Do you wanna get sucked in? Cause I'll suck you in so far you'll come out the other end. Is this the world you want, nightclub owners getting garrotted, ammonia in the boat? And take that look off your gormless face!

To quote my mum when I was younger:
"You're bored?  Oh well, the house needs a dust and hoover, the car needs a wash and we can also do with some more milk from the shop".
Never again was I 'bored'.

Aye but my son is a fucking loose cannon. He would probably try and hoover his cock or smash his sister round the head with the hoover. As you can tell, I am on the edge

Just now, Detournement said:

China, South Korea, Vietnam etc got rid of the vaccine by 99% of people staying inside for a couple of weeks then strictly policing their borders.

Neither of those things are possible in the UK/West.

Strict border control was possible, desirable and would have been effective. It lacked political will in England you just have to look at the skiers to know the upper classes can't hack a lockdown and slumming it in their mansions.

Even now requiring all travelers to go to the airport hotels for 2 weeks and being released after testing negative would go a long way to drive cases down whilst allowing essential travel round the globe. Rather than the pop up and down "travel corridors"

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Do you wanna get sucked in, Alan? Do you wanna get sucked in? Cause I'll suck you in so far you'll come out the other end. Is this the world you want, nightclub owners getting garrotted, ammonia in the boat? And take that look off your gormless face!

I’ve noticed you do this quite a few times now. Unable to respond to a post with anything worthwhile on the topic at hand, you quote a random film and ignore the points/question.