Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Eh?
But thats my original point. Bairnardo and others are going mental saying that everything must and should be fine within weeks and I said that this year won't be back to normal.
Now you said the euros won't be normal and that my truth was something I didn't say.
No point in taking this any further.

We'll put it down to crossed wires then. I was merely responding to you saying it's a write off until next spring.

Is there anyone, anywhere, saying things "should be fine within weeks"? 
Still not having full capacity crowds at football matches/live events wouldn't mean that 2021 was, as you said, "a write off". Not returning to a pre Covid normality wouldn't mean that 2021 was a "write off" either. 
I've not been clear I meant back to normality as in pre covid. I thought that was what bairnardo and others were aiming for. Didnt mean to upset anyone as this is tough for mental health.

A point that was made by Leitch on of the ball in December is that people seem to forget to get back to "normal" you need to vaccinate the whole world, while we may hit our target of the over 50's by May (And only as we are giving them half the recommended dose) we then are all so connected that until everywhere else catches up we will all just have to wait. Scotland could be in a form of normal in the summer but many places won't be.

By the time the second dose is administered to the priority group and then they start working down the other list then we should be mid summer. 

I guess then its all about managing expectations 

Will you be able to see friends in 2021 , yes , possibly not in their house to start with and then in very small numbers , house parties in 2021, possibly not.

We may be asked not to see family and friends again next Christmas, if we do possibly in the bubbles again , there might not be Christmas parties etc but it surely won't be a grim as Christmas 2020.

You may be able to travel abroad, but possibly only to nations who have vaccinated a similar number of the population as we have and you may have to do a period of quarantine on your return . 

Football wise I would hope some fans can go to games next season but id be very surprised to see any away fans at a game until Spring 2022. 

Small steps on the road to recovery. 

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'd like to look back at all this in 6 months time and ask the question Have we learned anything from this?

Just now, realmadrid said:

Have we learnt anything from the last 10 months?

9 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

A point that was made by Leitch on of the ball in December is that people seem to forget to get back to "normal" you need to vaccinate the whole world

Which is pish. The idea that, once Scotland has protected itself to the level it deems acceptable, it needs to worry about what is going on elsewhere needs challenged at the appropriate time.

In terms of foreign travel, for example, Covid vaccinations may be advised / mandated before travel to a region with high prevelance, just like you are advised to get certain vaccines before travelling just now.

In terms of domestic entertainment etc, it will be the population who ultimately decide what "normal" activities return by creating demand.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

How have we got to the point where these cretins think they are famous enough to break lockdown and f**k off to dubai. Also rich enough to spend 2 months ir whatever in Duba

They don't have enough money, Dubai are paying them to be there and then they also make money by doing sponsored posts. It's sad that even today people are willing to sell themselves to a state like Dubai.

It's a shame they are young people but imagine promoting somewhere LGBT+ people can't travel to. 

A point that was made by Leitch on of the ball in December is that people seem to forget to get back to "normal" you need to vaccinate the whole world, while we may hit our target of the over 50's by May (And only as we are giving them half the recommended dose) we then are all so connected that until everywhere else catches up we will all just have to wait. Scotland could be in a form of normal in the summer but many places won't be.
By the time the second dose is administered to the priority group and then they start working down the other list then we should be mid summer. 
I guess then its all about managing expectations 
Will you be able to see friends in 2021 , yes , possibly not in their house to start with and then in very small numbers , house parties in 2021, possibly not.
We may be asked not to see family and friends again next Christmas, if we do possibly in the bubbles again , there might not be Christmas parties etc but it surely won't be a grim as Christmas 2020.
You may be able to travel abroad, but possibly only to nations who have vaccinated a similar number of the population as we have and you may have to do a period of quarantine on your return . 
Football wise I would hope some fans can go to games next season but id be very surprised to see any away fans at a game until Spring 2022. 
Small steps on the road to recovery. 

For that to be true tho is it not a case of treating covid differently to all other illnesses? When the old and vulnerable are no longer going to hospital and dying in significant numbers then surely thats it? We don’t shut the country down just because people are in their beds with a sore head and a cough

Just now, Snafu said:

I find it difficult to get my head around why can we roll out the flu vaccine every year to around half of the population without any problems but yet when we have to vaccinate the same people again against this virus we find it impossible to get it all orginised despite it being a matter of urgency above anything we've come across before, is this right?

Is it the urgency and people's expectations that are the problem?

We are only at the start of January and it will take a couple of months to get round to all the vulnerable. The flu vax usually starts end of October and runs into December so why are people's expectations on everyone getting the jab before spring?

Locally I've not seen anything about future vaccination centers where people can walk in one door, get their jab and be on their way out the other door. Too simple, needs to be complicated.

Let me introduce you to the NHS.

They need to have the ground work in place this month we should be seeing vaccination centers getting ready across Scotland otherwise the wave of doses will arrive and we won't be ready to administer them. I hope I'm wrong but I really don't trust the NHS to deliver this.

Fife will be last to be finished they haven't even been in touch with my mum it get her Flu jab sorted out so she went to the chemist instead. 

What has [mention=29985]Billy Jean King[/mention] got against WHS, they were open during the first lockdown.
What's changed?
Nowt I just don't see them as essential. Not just them as I said. We have florists, a Bed shop, hardware shops and off licenses including a fancy wine / gin / whisky shop all open. It's nowhere near a "lockdown" is my point despite even NS referring to it as that.

On 06/01/2021 at 14:57, superbigal said:

Good Afternoon. 1 day after yesterdays dismal figures

Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days  in period 27th Dec to 2nd January was 279.7

From 28th Dec to 3rd Jan a small jump to 290.8 which is up just over 3%,so hopefully that replicates tomorrow.

Let us just take a look at the councils and see who is to blame.  (Took the piss at Xmas)

Only councils with jump over 10% in one day are low down the charts which is good news.  Also no major jumps of any significance.

Falkirk    269.7 to 300.2   

Shetland Islands  240.0 to 274.9

Perth & Kinross  219.2 to 254.0

Highlands  186.2 to 212.9

Argyll & Bute  85.0 to 95.5

Orkney Islands 0.0 to 4.5

Another day forward and a jump from 290.8 to 299.5.   Just under 3% so that does appear to indicate some progress from the mad week.

Again just looking at Councils with a rise of over 10% on the day.

None of the real big hitters which is good news.

Aberdeenshire 265.3 to 291.0

Angus 232.4 to 259.0

Highland 213.3 to 237.5  Two 10% plus rises in a row

Moray 125.2 to 145.1

South Ayrshire 233.5 to 266.2

Also some big areas on the decrease including

City of Edinburgh, Stirling

All this pish on BBC1 ahead of Boris coming on is fucking annoying. Apparently there’s enough vaccine in the UK to vaccinate the priority 13 million but the delay is due to the need to bottle and roll out the vials holding the vaccine. 

No excuse for that delay - The bottling, packaging, logistical and quality control infrastructure should’ve been prepped and implemented months ago ready to roll the minute the vaccines were. 

On the plus side, whilst I’ve been writing this rant Boris has come on and his chat is actually filling me with a bit of hope and confidence for a change. 

Edited by 8MileBU

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We have to phone to book ours.

Fife did that with the over 65's which is madness give them a time of appointment and a number the call if they can't make it

Anyone that listens to Boris and takes any semblance of hope & confidence from what he says is either drunk, a Tory, deluded or just plain bonkers.  He always makes lots of promises and then fails to deliver, only to then proclaim whatever it was is a success anyway.