Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Proper mask-nazi behaviour from the security guard in our Tesco express just there. Stalking c***s around the shop and telling them to get their mask on their nose, handing out masks to chancers etc

Fucking good work hen 🔪 

Good

Guest TheJTS98
9 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Proper mask-nazi behaviour from the security guard in our Tesco express just there. Stalking c***s around the shop and telling them to get their mask on their nose, handing out masks to chancers etc

Fucking good work hen 🔪 

What's the problem?

11 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Thought i might also "name & shame"  the top Scottish Covid neighbourhood hotspots each day.  Quite suprising actually.

In 3rd Place down in the borders at 839 cases per 100K is Burnfoot   which looks like it is close to Hawick

In 2nd Place in Aberdeenshire at 913 cases per 100K is Cromar & Kildrummy    somewhere near Aboyne I think.

And todays 1st Prize goes to the Highlands !!  with Alness at a staggering 1151 cases per 100K

Stay tuned pop pickers.

Google suggests the population of Burnfoot is 450.

839 per 100k equates to 4 cases.

Just now, TheJTS98 said:

What's the problem?

None, that’s why he said good work at the end of it. 

Cancelled our window and door installation today. They were still intending on proceeding. 

9 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Fucking good work hen 🔪 

Good, glad to hear they were doing their job and helping to protect people during a pandemic. God knows why anyone would be stupid or arrogant enough to need telling in the first place, but since they are I'm glad they're taking it seriously.

Guest TheJTS98
1 minute ago, Rugster said:

None, that’s why he said good work at the end of it. 

Cancelled our window and door installation today. They were still intending on proceeding. 

I misread. I thought he wanted to kill her.

A thousand apologies.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are you trying to claim that there were no variants at all prior to the UK Gov talking about "The Mutation" ?

No, I'm saying epidemiologists across the world are tracking and concerned about these two particular variants, suggesting that it's not some clack-handed scheme to let the tories reverse a decsion.

They've done nothing but reverse decsions since about May, so I'm not sure why in this particular case they'd be in need of some fall-back reason to do so. 

Johnson (that one's for you @Honest_Man#1) said the schools were safe one day, opened them, then 24 hours later shut them. There was no diversionary tactic with that. He just did it knowing he looked like a prize c**t 

Guest TheJTS98
12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are you trying to claim that there were no variants at all prior to the UK Gov talking about "The Mutation" ?

Right from the start of this, experts around the world said that mutated strains had to be monitored when discovered because they often have different rates of infection and it's important to keep on top of that.

Governments around the world are tracking the different strains as they appear in their countries. It's not some Tory ploy. You're taking a very insular view of a global issue.

Guest TheJTS98
6 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

There's a cracking new product out called a kettle.    Allows you to make coffee in house.  

But sitting in your own house with a clever-looking book sticking out your jacket pocket doesn't have the same effect.

The main thing we've learned from this pandemic is that there are a much higher percentage of absolute c***s in society than we probably realised. Just back from Tesco where people are blatantly ignoring guidelines and then giving staff absolute dog's abuse for daring to challenge them. These folk are only trying to make a living and haven't been able to stay home to avoid the virus. They certainly don't deserve the shite they are having to deal with.

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, The Marly said:

The main thing we've learned from this pandemic is that there are a much higher percentage of absolute c***s in society than we probably realised. Just back from Tesco where people are blatantly ignoring guidelines and then giving staff absolute dog's abuse for daring to challenge them. These folk are only trying to make a living and haven't been able to stay home to avoid the virus. They certainly don't deserve the shite they are having to deal with.

Were they nicer to the hens?

13 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Right from the start of this, experts around the world said that mutated strains had to be monitored when discovered because they often have different rates of infection and it's important to keep on top of that.

Governments around the world are tracking the different strains as they appear in their countries. It's not some Tory ploy. You're taking a very insular view of a global issue.

Meh, the strain that started in China wasn't the same strain that obliterated Italy, nor was that strain the same as the one that hit Britain. I don't think this is some huge conspiracy, but the response to different strains has not been consistent and the fear of one strain in particular was ramped up without any evidence supporting the view that it was more dangerous, which leads people to think there was another agenda.

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Meh, the strain that started in China wasn't the same strain that obliterated Italy, nor was that strain the same as the one that hit Britain. I don't think this is some huge conspiracy, but the response to different strains has not been consistent and the fear of one strain in particular was ramped up without any evidence supporting the view that it was more dangerous, which leads people to think there was another agenda.

I think a lot of that comes from the media rather than the government.