Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

Pish. The supplies are there right now to vaccinate tens of thousands more and it isn't happening. The SG confirmed that it woul receive 900k doses by the end of January in trying to walk back from Freeman's 'one million by the end of January' claim. They'll get nowhere near that done.

Shifting the goalposts a full month back, only to no doubt get the same piss-poor excuses is unacceptable. Heads should be rolling at the end of this month.

Step 1 - Don't read claim

Step 2 - Make up what you think the claim was

Step 3 - Accuse party of 'moving the goalposts' by reiterating their original claim

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Dumfounded they're allowing vast swathes of workers to continue to work (often in fairly close proximity,) in factories and the like, but instead preferring to focus on folk picking up a pair of curtains from Argos

You think picking up curtains at Argos is more essential than food processing or manufacturing, is that for real ?

It's curtains for us all. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Got to laugh at the “no demand” line. They’re quite happy to have the drive through test centres open 7 days a week, 8am-8pm, even open on Christmas and New Year’s Day. Yet they don’t seem willing to deviate from the 8-5 Mon to Fri health centre surgery hours. 

where do you get that from?  I have seen nothing to suggest vaccination centres are only open Mon-Fri 8-5?  There has been anecdotal evidence on this very thread that people are getting vaccinated out of those hours and indeed at weekends.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
It is if you need curtains.

No one stopping anyone clicking and collecting curtains. It's just a change to the collection procedures. Even you must admit that screaming for Manufacturing and construction to be stopped after a minor change to cluck and collect is wild !

I would suggest that there is more of an argument for stopping "non essential" manufacturing and construction than there is for preventing someone buying and drinking a pint outside. In Scotland. In January.

Johnson was rightly criticised for his daft predictions of things being back to normal by *insert any date / time here* so if the SG make statements about vaccinating a certain number of people by a certain date and they fall short then they should also be rebuked for this failing.

Who on here have you seen peddling zero Covid bar some newbie that popped up for a few days last week and has since vanished again.

Zero Covid is a total and utter fantasy. Impossible.

That's what I'm saying - it is reassuring to see such dangerous pseudoscience is not a commonly held view on here.

Granted, it won't be among the general public and the majority of the scientific community either. It's just bothersome that it is peddled by people who regularly appear in the media in Scotland.

7 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Dumfounded they're allowing vast swathes of workers to continue to work (often in fairly close proximity,) in factories and the like, but instead preferring to focus on folk picking up a pair of curtains from Argos

You think picking up curtains at Argos is more essential than food processing or manufacturing, is that for real ?

Whit?

No. Owing to the large amount of people it employs,  I think construction (of the building of new houses / flats etc)  should be stopped. This in turn would stop the manufacturing of the goods that feeds that industry. All of which would result in thousands sitting in the house on furlough rather than their place of work. I think this would have a higher impact on the infection rate than stopping folk picking up a pair of curtains from Argos.

You seem to think otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I never said it was justified but that (to my knowledge) there were no vaccinations administered on Christmas day and new years day should be taken into account when looking at the rate of vaccinations to date.  I may be wrong - perhaps there were vaccinations done on those days.

There werent any no, but there should have been.

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

f**k me betting on life saving injections, get a grip !

They seem pretty satisfied they remain on target so let's wait and see. It will become apparent if there are problems much nearer the deadline

You know what? I would really hope to lose that bet as that is what should be done but nearly everyone but the most die hard of SNP fanboys knows that the figures they are giving out are at it and they should be doing so much more.  As previous we have over 300k sitting about but only 16k used yesterday as we are scared incase we run out.  Bullshit put into folks arms so the two weeks period can start to build the protection and then you can whinge to the UK government you need more

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
It is if you need curtains.

No one stopping anyone clicking and collecting curtains. It's just a change to the collection procedures. Even you must admit that screaming for Manufacturing and construction to be stopped after a minor change to cluck and collect is wild !

Screenshot_20210113_131604.jpg

51 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Exactly.  I am mid-fifties and often get up in the middle of the night for a pish.  I would be happy to get vaccinated before going back to bed.

Yeah, it’s just one more little p***k.

Whit?
No. Owing to the large amount of people it employs,  I think construction (of the building of new houses / flats etc)  should be stopped. This in turn would stop the manufacturing of the goods that feeds that industry. All of which would result in thousands sitting in the house on furlough rather than their place of work. I think this would have a higher impact on the infection rate than stopping folk picking up a pair of curtains from Argos.
You seem to think otherwise.
That's purely financial I suspect that those are still operating. Obviously those interactions ceasing would help break transmission chains.

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I have heard that also over the last week .ridiculous non essential construction still operating. 

It's crazy, on a semi similar note.  In England engineers can still do warrants work changing folks gas and electric to prepayment meters!

Edited by itzdrk