Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Actually dumbfouded that construction and manufacturing, and the thousands of people (a large percentage of who can't WFH) it employs, carries on.

Really quite bizarre to instead focus on people Click and Collecting from Argos and having takeaway pints. How many of the infections over the past few weeks are actually attibuted to this stuff. Can only be a handful at best

Edited by Steven W

Johnson has said they are looking to open 24/7 vaccination centres ASAP.

ETA: Maybe I've imagined this but I am sure I saw mention of a country (or multiple countries) looking to minimise vaccine wastage by offering soon to expire vaccines on a first come first served basis to ordinary Joe Bloggs.

I see absolutely no reason why if someone has declined or failed to turn up without a reasonable excuse their vaccine can’t be offered ASAP to another person.

Pish. The supplies are there right now to vaccinate tens of thousands more and it isn't happening. The SG confirmed that it woul receive 900k doses by the end of January in trying to walk back from Freeman's 'one million by the end of January' claim. They'll get nowhere near that done.
Shifting the goalposts a full month back, only to no doubt get the same piss-poor excuses is unacceptable. Heads should be rolling at the end of this month.
They have confirmed we are getting nowhere near that numerous times. 450k of AZ plus what we had of Pfizer. All about supply.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Which doesn't in any way change the fact that heads should roll for failing to meet their own target at the end of this month. A Health minister overseeing the biggest vaccination programme in decades should be aware of her supply brief before setting targets in front of Parliament. And the scope of the failure raises serious questions about Sturgeon's judgment in giving this clown responsibility.

Are we allowing any mitigations for multinational pharmaceutical companies and their associated supply chains fucking up their own estimates of what they could supply?

34 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

As i said a few weeks ago they knew vaccines were coming so why not have this planned in advance in all of UK.

I mean we keep getting told its the biggest crisis since the war so get the fucking injections done.   Oh no I may have to get a jab at 1am, well so be it, taken the hit.  We want this done so get on with it.  

And before someone goes on about there 89 year old maw not being able to attend at 1 in morning plenty of younger people would be happy too 

No excuses for not having this is place as soon as vaccines arrived.  Half arsed as per.

Interesting analogy.

"I say Johnson old boy, what do you think those German chaps marching up Whitehall want"?

Actually dumbfouded that construction and manufacturing, and the thousands of people (a large percentage of who can't WFH) it employs, carries on.
Really quite bizarre to instead focus on people Click and Collecting from Argos and having takeaway pints. How many of the infections over the past few weeks are actually attibuted to this stuff. Can only be a handful at best
Dumbfounded that they are attempting to minimise indoors interactions in non essential circumstances ???

4 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

You are aware that the Vauxhall Astra Zeneca vaccine was only available from Monday (later in the day in most cases) so to extrapolate from historical figures when we only had Pfizer vaccine available (and numerous public holidays) is not a true reflection of what is possible moving forward.  Try and be more positive....you may even like it?

Yes. Which is why my point is that the required rate is increasing with every passing day and I'd like to know how they intend to ramp it up, and how quickly we can expect them to achieve the required rate.

Willy waving every day about a number nowhere near the required rate is not something I am intetested in.

7 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

You are aware that the Vauxhall Astra Zeneca vaccine was only available from Monday (later in the day in most cases) so to extrapolate from historical figures when we only had Pfizer vaccine available (and numerous public holidays) is not a true reflection of what is possible moving forward.  Try and be more positive....you may even like it?

Staggering that you think public holidays is a justification for slowing things down during a massive public health crisis. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
7 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Dumbfounded that they are attempting to minimise indoors interactions in non essential circumstances ???

Dumfounded they're allowing vast swathes of workers to continue to work (often in fairly close proximity,) in factories and the like, but instead preferring to focus on folk picking up a pair of curtains from Argos

Edited by Steven W

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 minutes ago, virginton said:
Pish. The supplies are there right now to vaccinate tens of thousands more and it isn't happening. The SG confirmed that it woul receive 900k doses by the end of January in trying to walk back from Freeman's 'one million by the end of January' claim. They'll get nowhere near that done.
Shifting the goalposts a full month back, only to no doubt get the same piss-poor excuses is unacceptable. Heads should be rolling at the end of this month.

They have confirmed we are getting nowhere near that numerous times. 450k of AZ plus what we had of Pfizer. All about supply.

They only this morning accepted that they had been untruthful about WM back ending that allocation.

Why do you unquestioningly believe absolutely everything they say?

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Staggering that you think public holidays is a justification for slowing things down during a massive public health crisis. 

I never said it was justified but that (to my knowledge) there were no vaccinations administered on Christmas day and new years day should be taken into account when looking at the rate of vaccinations to date.  I may be wrong - perhaps there were vaccinations done on those days.

Yes. Which is why my point is that the required rate is increasing with every passing day and I'd like to know how they intend to ramp it up, and how quickly we can expect them to achieve the required rate.
Willy waving every day about a number nowhere near the required rate is not something I am intetested in.
Again what bit of TARGET don't you understand. The target was clearly defined again minutes ago. All over 65s and the clinically vulnerable by 1 March. What part of that can't you grasp.

How they get to that target is wholly unimportant as long as they do.

The target is clearly defined.

It's reassuring to see the general consensus among the good guys on here is that once the relevant vulnerable groups are vaccinated, and it has then been made available to the wider public, we will be returning to normal. This rather than peddling sinister, unobtainable, and dystopian fantasies of 'Zero Covid' being peddled by public health 'experts' like Devi Sridhar, Linda Bauld, and the clowns on 'Independent SAGE', whom I cannot believe are in their positions yet think it is somehow possible to eliminate a now globally endemic respiratory virus - which we also now have highly efficacious vaccines for. They have damaged my faith in science and Sturgeon better not try to pander to them for a moment.

Roll on the resumption of living, and these nobodies returning to obscurity from whence they came.

Edited by Elixir

Dumfounded they're allowing vast swathes of workers to continue to work (often in fairly close proximity,) in factories and the like, but instead preferring to focus on folk picking up a pair of curtains from Argos
You think picking up curtains at Argos is more essential than food processing or manufacturing, is that for real ?

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Again what bit of TARGET don't you understand. The target was clearly defined again minutes ago. All over 65s and the clinically vulnerable by 1 March. What part of that can't you grasp.

How they get to that target is wholly unimportant as long as they do.

The target is clearly defined.

Ok mate.

I look forward to your excuses when we, predictably, fall well short.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, Steven W said:

You think picking up curtains at Argos is more essential than food processing or manufacturing, is that for real ?

It is if you need curtains.

It's reassuring to see the general consensus among the good guys on here is that once the relevant vulnerable groups are vaccinated, and has then been made available to the wider public, we will be returning to normal. This rather than peddling sinister, unobtainable, and dystopian fantasies of 'Zero Covid' being peddled by public health 'experts' like Devi Sridhar, Linda Bauld, and the clowns on 'Independent SAGE', whom I cannot believe are in their positions yet think it is somehow possible to eliminate a now globally endemic respiratory virus - which we now have highly efficacious vaccines for - and has damaged my faith in science. Sturgeon better not try to pander to them for a moment.
Roll on the resumption of living, and these nobody's returning to obscurity from whence they came.
Who on here have you seen peddling zero Covid bar some newbie that popped up for a few days last week and has since vanished again.

Zero Covid is a total and utter fantasy. Impossible.

Chuckling to myself at the thought I'll be sitting at this desk in my living room in October 2021 having never been more than 5 miles from my flat while the usual suspects continue to post "but supply"

Edited by Marshmallo