Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The more detailed documents posted by ICTChris explained it - these are people who either don't have their health board on their record (probably a handful) and people who live elsewhere in the UK.

Thank you - I figured there would be some reason to it

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Proper scrutiny of his role in this pandemic would leave him utterly broken and toxic. Something we should all hope for. In our wildest dreams he might one day have to rely on a handout from Compass Group.

I won't have this divisive language. I just won't have it.

The line about no demand for 24hr vaccination. I know a few people here who revived the vaccine yesterday and it was during “surgery hours” and it wasn’t on the horizon to be outwith that 

My partner is a care worker and got her vaccine at the Queen Elizabeth on Sunday at 7pm.

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Another day onwards.  Please remember all those commenting that these figures are a 7 day rolling period that are 3 days in arrears.   So I am NEVER talking about YESTERDAY as some posters keep referring.  There is no LAG in these figures only a fixed 7 day period.

Anyway 2nd Jan to 8th Jan was 298.6 cases per 100K population with confirmed positive tests.   3rd Jan to 9th Jan is down to 285.2 a drop of 4.48%.    So at least we are now back down to a lower figure than the previous recent best of 286.3 2 days ago.  We now have a sustained slight drop of about 5.5% since the peak 5 days ago. A good single day change for many councils as 2nd January is dropped and replaced by 9th January.

Huge drop in cases (Over 10%)    Dumfries & Galloway, Scottish Borders, Shetlands, 

Large drop in cases (Over 5%)  Aberdeenshire, Angus, City of Edinburgh,  Dundee City, East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Lothian, East Renfrewshire,  Falkirk, Inverclyde,  Midlothian, North Ayrshire, Renfrewshire, South Ayrshire,

Small drop in cases (Under 5%) in Aberdeen,  Clacks, Fife, Highlands,  Moray,  North Lanarkshire, Perth & Kinross,  South Lanarkshire, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire, West Lothian

No Change in cases in  Western Isles, Orkney isles

Small increase in cases (All under 5%) in  Argyll & Bute, Glasgow City,    

Larger Increase in cases (Over 5%)     No Councils

Huge Increase in Cases (Over 10%)  No Councils

Another day another set of tighter restrictions.  That in itself i believe is astonishing when you look at the Data.  Every area is dropping

Please remember all those commenting that these figures are a 7 day rolling period that are 3 days in arrears.   So I am NEVER talking about YESTERDAY as some posters keep referring.  There is no LAG in these figures only a fixed 7 day period.

Anyway 3rd Jan to 9th Jan was 285.2 cases per 100K population with confirmed positive tests.   4th Jan to10th Jan is down to 271.7 a drop of 4.73%.     We now have a sustained  drop of almost 10% since the peak 6 days ago. Another good single day change for many councils as 3rd January is dropped and replaced by 10th January. In fact I hardly had to shuffle any of the councils if you look at yesterday.

Huge drop in cases (Over 10%)    Midlothian (14.6%),  Orkney Isles (Really only 6 to 5 cases), Perth & Kinross (13.53%), Shetlands, 

Large drop in cases (Over 5%)  Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyll & Bute,  City of Edinburgh, Dumfries & Galloway, Dundee City, East Ayrshire,  East Lothian,  Falkirk, Highlands, Inverclyde, Moray,  North Ayrshire, Scottish Borders,  South Lanarkshire,  Stirling, West Lothian

Small drop in cases (Under 5%) in Aberdeen,  Clacks, East Dunbartonshire,  East Renfrewshire,  Fife, Glasgow City,   North Lanarkshire,  Renfrewshire, South Ayrshire, West Dunbartonshire,

No Change in cases in  No Councils

Small increase in cases (All under 5%) No Councils

Larger Increase in cases (Over 5%)     No Councils

Huge Increase in Cases (Over 10%)  Western Isles (Only 2 extra cases)

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

As was blatantly obvious the more infectious strain line from the government was bullshit and it was all down to hospitality being open across the South of England.

60% of households mixing on Xmas day leads to possibly 120% rise in infections.  Not rocket science.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

60% of households mixing on Xmas day leads to possibly 120% rise in infections.  Not rocket science.

I wonder exactly what kind of uptake on the Xmas day mixing was modelled before hand...

Guest Bob Mahelp

Symbolic gestures from the SG today. Takeaway coffee and click and collect. 

Fuxsake, give me a break. 

You get the feeling as well that with the May elections coming up, the SNP will stand or fall on their ability to organise vaccinations as quickly and efficiently as possible. All the goodwill to NS that has built up over the last 10 months will evaporate quickly if they f**k this up. 

I'm not sure they're off to an auspicious start. People are looking for and expecting Israeli type efficiency in rolling out vaccinations....excuses about logistical problems, and some garbage about only vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 -5 will make the SG look weak and hapless in the face of the most important medical exercise in British history. 

They must get this right. There's a huge amount resting on it, and not only covid related.

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Piers Morgan is still a c**t.

The only way to put the but into these Tory c***s is for fuckwits to stop voting for Tory c***s.

#Torycunts.

Everyone rimming his, presumably hairy, anus is sickening.  He's voted for those cunts his whole adult life.  He fucking loves the Tories.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Everyone rimming his, presumably hairy, anus is sickening.  He's voted for those c***s his whole adult life.  He fucking loves the Tories.

And Trump. 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Everyone rimming his, presumably hairy, anus is sickening.  He's voted for those c***s his whole adult life.  He fucking loves the Tories.

I always have a wee chuckle when I read "I'm not a Piers Morgan fan but..."

He's a Tory c**t and he knows the vast majority don't like Tory c***s, so he props himself up as this speaker of truth and folk fucking lap it up.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I always have a wee chuckle when I read "I'm not a Piers Morgan fan but..."

He's a Tory c**t and he knows the vast majority don't like Tory c***s, so he props himself up as this speaker of truth and folk fucking lap it up.

Whichever way the wind is blowing with that p***k. Folk angry at Tories? Invite a couple of cabinet ministers on to shout at. Papers full of "PC gone mad" nonsense? Have some naive student on to shout about cancel culture or whatever.