Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 09/01/2021 at 13:17, Thereisalight.. said:

Obviously English rules are different but here we can drive up to 5 miles outwith the LA for excercise. I don’t see that as an issue. It wasn’t like they were going shopping or anything indoors, it was a reservoir they were at, not the fcking January sales at Tesco. When the ladies went it was clearly not overflowing as they stated they even parked 2 car spaces away from one another and there was hardly anyone else there. I just find it madness and a waste of police resources 

The Derbyshire thing was definitely a mistake, and they were right to rescind the fine.  The problem is that some people conflate this with other cases (ie the video clip of the woman in Aberdeen swearing at the police after they responded to a call about a gathering) and use it to forward a case that we're living in a version of the Pinochet regime.  

Today's case numbers seem low, less than 40 in Aberdeen City and Dundee, almost so low I wonder if these been a delay in reporting some results?  

I really dislike Ruth Davidson, but her first question was particularly good to the FM. She did not address why, if we have hundreds of thousands of doses, why they're not getting into folks arms at a much higher rate. Lot of bluster and blame placed at UK government, and I think she kind of accused the UK government of massaging the figures a bit in terms of how many doses have been delivered but I may have misinterpreted...
Given the UK government's previous (remember the mailed out tests being counted as tests administered?) I would not at all be surprised at there being massaging of vaccine figures.

Just now, FireStarter said:

Mental that you’re not allowed to vote anything but snp in the country without snp voters either thinking you’re 1)a Tory 2) something wrong with you or 3) getting laughed at because you don’t agree with fuhrer sturgeon 

I imagine it’s the use of the word fuhrer than any of the other points tbh. 

22 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

I like Ruth Davidson.

2 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

Mental that you’re not allowed to vote anything but snp in this country without snp voters either thinking you’re a Tory

What's wrong with people thinking you're a Tory?

She adds: "We do now have hope, more so than at any time since the start of this pandemic, of a path to much greater domestic normality - something that all of us crave.

'Greater domestic normality' does not fill me with much hope whatsoever.

This all needs to end once deaths and hospitalisations remain at normal historic levels. Why can they not just fucking say so?

5 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

Mental that you’re not allowed to vote anything but snp in this country without snp voters either thinking you’re 1)a Tory 2) something wrong with you or 3) getting laughed at because you don’t agree with fuhrer sturgeon 

Why do you call Nicola Sturgeon "Fuhrer"?