Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

I love criticising Crankie as much as anyone but I think that sitting tight for January and February is the correct thing to do with the exit plan starting in March. 

The mask slips.

36 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

They're still in the middle of a third/fourth wave with thousand of daily cases.

Lets not be too hasty in assuming that cases dropping like a lead balloon amongst the vaccinated population, despite their country being fucking riddled with it, has anything to do with the vaccine though.... It might be coincidence. Best batten down the hatches and wait this one out...…….

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

L

I've just had a positive test result this morning - hardly surprising as there's over a hundred staff of due to Covid at our nick. 57, five years past cancer and one year post stroke. Currently just feel knackered and as if I've got a stinking cold. Here's hoping that's the extent of it..

I'll keep you posted.

Danke. I've just received this email.

Can anyone tell me is it from the UK or Scottish government

As part of the government’s coordinated response to Coronavirus, NHS is performing selections for coronavirus vaccination on the basis of family genetics and medical history.

You have been selected to receive a Coronavirus Vaccination

·         Use this service to confirm/reject your coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination:

·  >> NHS – Accept invitation

·  >> NHS – Decline invitation

It then goes on to say:

You can only use this service if you have received an email or SMS regarding this invitation. You can not use this service for anyone other than yourself.

You are also free to reject this invitation, your appointment will be issued to the next person in line in that case.

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Aye you are a year past the Scottish male life expectancy so it's all gravy from here. 

Break out the snout, the whiskey and get onto adult work. You are playing with house money. 

WTF is snout, whiskey und adult work? Remember I'm in sheltered housing so I've lived a sheltered life 😀

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoGYy0TCpBgBTVwQMqhjCpMEF1GDCyJoRNYA&usqp=CAU

My thoughts as well 😄

22 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Todays Headlines:    Fife joins Edinburgh City in the new Sub 100 club.  Aberdeenshire also joins.   Renfrewshire drops 5 places in the table of doom.

Now accessed the other home nations for the cases per 100K latest and will document their daily progress.   These are a little behind the Scottish cases.  England  403.9 to 386.6 down 4.28%,   Wales  234.1 to 219.8 down 6.11% , Northern Ireland   297.0 to 284.1 down 4.34%,  all 3 dropping and possibly a little faster than us. They have some catching up to do though.

For interest of the bigger European countries Portugal 846 having a torrid time and this may go over 1,000,  Spain 550 , Czech 443 are the big hitters.  

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

From 18th to 24th January we were down to 167.3

Todays figure for 19th Jan to 25th Jan is  159.4     Another huge single Day drop of 4.72%. Infections have dropped every day (now TWENTY ONE days in a row) since the aforementioned peak.  Total drop is now 47.20% .   We should crash through a 50% drop in cases in next couple of days.

North Lanarkshire is dragging everyone down.  They stand with nearly 30% more infections than the council in 3rd place.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

North Lanarkshire  278.9 to 278.6   For the 3rd day in a row sad to report the lack of improvement.  Apparently Airdrie is the hotspot. Maybe more local enforcement needed ?

Glasgow City  255.4 to 247.5

South Lanarkshire    227.4 to 216.2  

West Dunbartonshire   213.7 to 212.5 

East Ayrshire   222.1 to 210.6

North Ayrshire 219.7 to 210.0

Renfrewshire 231.2 to 207.7   Great 10% single day drop and falls 5 places down the charts.

East Dunbartonshire  212.6 to 200.7

Clackmannanshire 194.0 to 184.3

Angus  172.1 to 176.4    The Brechin Pork processing plant !!!! and the only council area with sustained rises  at the moment.

Dumfries & Galloway  184.1to 172.6  Langholm & Eskdale now over 1256 Cases per 100K and Scotland's No 1 by a country mile .  They are doing blanket testing here though.

Falkirk  196.4 to 169.7  Great 13.6% single day drop 

East Renfrewshire  165.4 to 166.4

South Ayrshire   158.1 to 156.3     

Inverclyde  174.8 to 153.0   Huge drops of around 25% over only 2 days.

Stirling  129.5 to 136.9

Dundee City  152.0 to 131.9   Dundee another 13%  single day drop.  Only Charleston(422) exceeding 240 cases per 100K.  Overtakes Aberdeen

Aberdeen City   140.4 to 136.0 Actually includes  Danestone @ 959 cases per 100K the 2nd worse neighbourhood in Scotland.

West Lothian 133.3 to 122.9

Moray   120.0 to 114.8

Scottish  Borders  120.3 to 114.3    

Perth & Kinross  132.9 to 113.2  Excellent near 15% drop and huge areas of map Covid Free

Midlothian  114.6 to 107.1

Aberdeenshire 105.7 to 99.5  Another area joins the sub 100 club

City Of Edinburgh   98.5 to 95.4

Fife  107.3 to 95.0  A huge 11.5% drop takes Fife below the magic 100 marker

Highlands  79.7 to 77.2   Invergordon still Stubborn @ 793

Argyll & Bute  54.7 to 73.4

East Lothian  85.0 to 72.8   Astonishing +14% drop from a low level

Western Isles    41.2 to 41.2

Orkney Island  26.9 to 31.4

Shetland Islands  43.6 to 21.8

Some really heartening decreases in these figures.

Hospital numbers also decreasing.

Total number in hospital now 1983 having been 2053 a week ago. 

Likewise ICU numbers down from 161 to 142 over similar period. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lets not be too hasty in assuming that cases dropping like a lead balloon amongst the vaccinated population, despite their country being fucking riddled with it, has anything to do with the vaccine though.... It might be coincidence. Best batten down the hatches and wait this one out...…….

Well given their figures they probably do need to lock down until the new infection rates start to show a steady reduction.

40 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yeah I've just looked it up. Restrictions continue, they're talking about putting more in place, and the health ministry says that vaccines won't be enough. They also seem to be quite worried about the UK variant. 

Some people seem to be relaxing a bit in terms of masking in small groups, but still won't go out for meals and stuff. 

Can't see anything about future plans or timescales. They do seem to be looking at numbers in hospital as the trigger though 

That's only from a quick glance at the wsj and the times of Israel. 

I'm fairly sure around half their cases are linked to the 'UK variant', which Pfizer have confirmed efficacy against, and as Bairnardo says, we already have data separating the vaccinated population from the non-vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Danke. I've just received this email.

As part of the government’s coordinated response to Coronavirus, NHS is performing selections for coronavirus vaccination on the basis of family genetics and medical 

That sounds very much like the scam one doing the rounds. Check the URL of email it came from. IMG_20210128_151649.thumb.jpg.703d006e7f40a3900131ff225f63ea06.jpgIMG_20210128_151653.thumb.jpg.1ea309dd937353fcbc907474e0dbef10.jpg

Pics above are scam one that asks for payment.  

5 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

NHS – Accept invitation

The link goes to jknursing.com - do you think the UK or Scottish governments would use such a website? (it's Indian btw).

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Well given their figures they probably do need to lock down until the new infection rates start to show a steady reduction.

Yeah, of course. My point was relating to vaccine efficacy. We are still being fed doubt over it whilst they are riddled with it and pumping out stat after stat showing that its effective probably beyond our hopes

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The NHS will only contact people by letter so ignore all texts and emails. They are a scam. 

Gracias folks.

This is what it says at the top of the email

NHS notifications ‎<ken.derbyshire@hotmail.com>

I’ve no clicked on anything cos I’m looking for advice.

My doctors surgery is 2 minutes up the road so I would prefer to go there.

But I've just realized that I should expect a white envelope through the post.

I'm a silly willie 😟

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, of course. My point was relating to vaccine efficacy. We are still being fed doubt over it whilst they are riddled with it and pumping out stat after stat showing that its effective probably beyond our hopes

I agree, the result appears to be exceptionally promising.  Are they sticking to the 3 week window on second doses?

31 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Gracias folks.

I’ve no clicked on anything cos I’m looking for advice.

My doctors surgery is 2 minutes up the road so I would prefer to go there.

But I've just realized that I should expect a white envelope through the post.

I'm a silly willie 😟

Dont feel daft Willie, we all get these emails and some of them look the real deal. Scumbags are praying on people’s insecurities and vulnerabilities which makes it even worse. At least you had the foresight to jump on here and ask and you’ll never get a hard time for that! 

1 hour ago, Wee Willie said:

Although in this case it's obviously a fake sender, I would just warn you that even if the name and email address seem genuine, they can still be spoofed to make it look like they are coming from an NHS source.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

I'm fairly sure around half their cases are linked to the 'UK variant', which Pfizer have confirmed efficacy against, and as Bairnardo says, we already have data separating the vaccinated population from the non-vaccinated.

Yep its looking good. 

I'd be interested to find their longer term plans or announcements but can't see anything.