Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You've got a cheek, I got pelters on the Dumbarton thread for saying Auschwitz had a pleasant appearance than the old Boghead. I think you might have been one who expressed dismay at such a sick joke.

707723170_tenor(27).gif.2f027259124f5217692de0c96172e787.gif

Very much an Iran-Iraq War vibe coming from this particular sense of injustice. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Go to the Dumbarton thread and admit your a Nazi, Then post10 times that Boghead is worse than Auschwitz.

I'll accept nothing less.

Natürlich, Herr Feldwebel Wilson. 

Terrific news. 60 million on order for the UK, presumably will be asking for approval in the next few weeks.

Slightly less good news is that it shows 50-60% efficacy against the South African variant. Not hard to see why countries have become so concerned about travel.

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You've got a cheek, I got pelters on the Dumbarton thread for saying Auschwitz had a pleasanter appearance than the old Boghead. I think you might have been one who expressed dismay at such a sick joke.

17 minutes ago, PWL said:

Natürlich, Herr Feldwebel Wilson. 

11003157.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=resp

Terrific news. 60 million on order for the UK, presumably will be asking for approval in the next few weeks.

Slightly less good news is that it shows 50-60% efficacy against the South African variant. Not hard to see why countries have become so concerned about travel.

Is 50%-60% still not pretty decent? I thought that’s what the initial thoughts the Pfizer/Moderna/AZ vaccines would be until they blew expectations out of the water with the trial results.

11 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Is 50%-60% still not pretty decent? I thought that’s what the initial thoughts the Pfizer/Moderna/AZ vaccines would be until they blew expectations out of the water with the trial results.

Yup, WHO were saying anything over 50% would be a result, think the flu vaccine is usually 40 odd. Just bash them out if they're safe and bring hospitalisation down ASAP. I quite enjoyed the early hoarding and battening down the hatches WW2 style but this is getting well fucking boring.

Yup, WHO were saying anything over 50% would be a result, think the flu vaccine is usually 40 odd. Just bash them out if they're safe and bring hospitalisation down ASAP. I quite enjoyed the early hoarding and battening down the hatches WW2 style but this is getting well fucking boring.

There was a novelty in March that isn’t here now. It’s shite and boring. If it wasn’t for football continuing I’d have lost my mind.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

There was a novelty in March that isn’t here now. It’s shite and boring. If it wasn’t for football continuing I’d have lost my mind.

I can't be fucked with TV football, got back to Clach for one fucking game then Essex fucking covid shut it down again.

22 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I see it’s now Britain’s fault that the EU shat the bed, when it came to ordering vaccines.

News earlier today was that there had been constructive talks.  By the evening it was being reported again that the EU have emptied the pram and stamped a hole halfway to Australia.  

They need to calm down.  The Aussies still won’t let them in.

4 minutes ago, DMCs said:
2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Serbia surprisingly high. Isn't the Russian vaccine considered to be of relatively low quality? I assume that is what they are using.

I don't think so. The released figures say it is as effective as any other vaccine. And perhaps even gives better long term protection

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/11/oxford-covid-vaccine-to-be-combined-with-sputnik-jab-for-trial

They did start using their vaccine faster than others, before phase 3 trials were complete but if people are honest that was always going to be a formality. Oxford, Moderna and any other vaccine were going to be used anyway even if their effectiveness was lower.

Russia is pretty good at science.