Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Elixir said:

But Devi told us if we start unlocking before Easter we'll be back in lockdown in May. What's it gonna be?

I don’t follow her on twitter but someone I do retweeted her latest  “zero covid” utopia by showing a photo of spectators at the Australian Open. Too many people (NS being one) are being sucked in by her (frankly worrying) statements

27 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Wales looking at sending the weans back to the covid petri dishes in Feb.

We won't be far behind that I'm sure.

Yep, looks like the Scottish Government waiting for the R number to drop well below 1 so they can do this and essentially send it skyrocketing towards 1 again.

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Wales looking at sending the weans back to the covid petri dishes in Feb.

We won't be far behind that I'm sure.

Drakeford is an absolute divot. 

March in England now, which is probably right. Hopefully Wales doesn't cause a backlash and a famous Boris u-turn. 

21 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

L

I've just had a positive test result this morning - hardly surprising as there's over a hundred staff of due to Covid at our nick. 57, five years past cancer and one year post stroke. Currently just feel knackered and as if I've got a stinking cold. Here's hoping that's the extent of it..

I'll keep you posted.

Best of luck, WRK

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

"Even the Hulk needed the Avengers"

Someone end that c**t now. 

lol who said this

46 minutes ago, Snafu said:

An article in The Guardian on the subject of availability and the unfair price put on vaccines sold to less well off countries. I would have thought it's in our own best interests to get the virus relatively under control world wide through vaccination.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/jan/29/a-global-vaccine-apartheid-is-unfolding-peoples-lives-must-come-before-profit

A global vaccine apartheid is unfolding. People’s lives must come before profit

Winnie Byanyima

The poorest countries are missing out on adequate doses of vaccines – and the health implications should concern us all

I am sickened by news that South Africa, a country whose HIV history should have taught us all the most appalling life-costing consequences of allowing pharmaceutical corporations to protect their medicine monopolies, has had to pay more than double the price paid by the European Union for the AstraZeneca vaccine for far fewer doses than it actually needs. Like so many other low- and middle-income countries, South Africa is today facing a vaccine landscape of depleted supply where it is purchasing power, not suffering, that will secure the few remaining doses.

Thank f**k Gates had a word in the ear of the Oxford Uni developers for Astra Zeneca though otherwise I don't think the teetering global economy might've been enough to get proper funding for an open source vaccine.

Edited by NotThePars

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Drakeford is an absolute divot. 

March in England now, which is probably right. Hopefully Wales doesn't cause a backlash and a famous Boris u-turn. 

In fairness, England never shut it's early years  care sector, so the nurseries have been open this whole time.

20 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've found the whole tone from politicians/experts/journalists to be baffling in the last month. 4 weeks ago was Hogmanay all talk was of a happier new year seeing as there was vaccines available and how the shitshow that was 2020 could be put behind us. I find the tone and messages we've received in Jan to be as negative as any in the time from March 2020 onwards. 

You would certainly know about negativity...

On 27/01/2021 at 15:11, superbigal said:

Freeman now using the historical problems in Barra to cast a shadow over the progress in the rest of the country.

The only place left that more restrictions can be added too.

I despair of these tactics. 

You do not hear her saying Edinburgh and fife are back to levels associated with Level 2.

Edited by superbigal

12 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

515,800 have received first dose

12 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Yeah 515,855 today so avg 26,882 per missing day.

I find it slightly disappointing that the SG will be lauded for "hitting its (revised) target" of 560k by the end of the month when it's crystal clear that, with better planning, they could have done much, much more.

I'm going to assume they will continue at the current rate of ~26.5k per day until Sunday, which will leave them roughly 540k (or 38.5k per day) to do in 14 days to meet their target for groups 1-4 by mid February.

Edited by Todd_is_God

16 hours ago, Snafu said:

It's typically German, they have a Plan B, and a Plan C if B doesn't work, probably a Plan D as well and so on.

What's our plan if Plan A fails?

Retreat to Dunkirk.

They've at least reached the half million mark so Freeman alone deserves to get her jotters. Put Poindexter Swinney in charge of a numbers based task as he's clearly fucking useless at running the education system. 

They've at least reached the half million mark so Freeman alone deserves to get her jotters. Put Poindexter Swinney in charge of a numbers based task as he's clearly fucking useless at running the education system. 

What we need is a “qualified” historian.