Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Yeah, probably best aimed at the under 50 group
Definitely.

When I say not great 66-85% is still fucking good especially if it prevents severe disease which it does at the higher end, if they can get the supply there and its on shot they can really motor ahead with the rollout but I'm not sure when we would be looking at delivery considering it was about 4 months from moderna approval to delivery.

55 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Drakeford is an absolute divot. 

March in England now, which is probably right. Hopefully Wales doesn't cause a backlash and a famous Boris u-turn. 

Supposed to be March here, too. Although 2 of the grandchildren are in primary school 2 days a week, so not sure what the sp is.

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Johnson and Johnson vaccine has an efficacy rate of 66%.

10 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Not great, but good enough as a single shot for the wider public once the priority groups have been given the higher efficacy double shot efforts.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/29/health/johnson-coronavirus-vaccine-results/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

More info there.

Some of the data apparently points to a stronger immune response as time goes by. Which for a single vaccine is very positive. Get it fired into every fucker.

Scathing report on healthcare workers regarding Care Homes in the 1st wave in Belgium

The coordinating physicians of the homes were faced with the decision by many visiting doctors to stay away, according to Sandra De Breucker, head of the geriatrics department of the Erasmus hospital in Brussels.

I won’t mince my words: I have had coordinating physicians weeping to me when they could no longer bear the burden of care because their colleagues had decided not to come and help them for fear of Covid,” she said.

That’s a human response, but sometimes it’s simply a matter of dereliction of duty.”

The result, according to Guy Lebeer: “Decisions were taken when there was no longer any medical expertise on site.”

Too many sick residents were unable to access the hospital care they needed. Residents were held prisoner by structures lacking crucial resources: material, staff, in particular adequately trained staff, a global infection plan or a testing policy

38 minutes ago, virginton said:

Tomas Masaryk dismantled the Habsburg Empire and ran central Europe's only surviving interwar democracy as a professor of philosophy, so it would be worth a shot. Richard Finlay as President for Life of an independent Scotland would get my vote every day of the week.

But by all means continue reifying your beloved lawyer/career politician ruling class like the gormless simp that you are. 

That's why it's a philosopher-king and not a lawyer-king BITCH

I would be interested to know if anyone else has received a letter from their GP surgery similar to the one I just got.

I’ve been receiving letters and texts since last March advising me that I’m clinically vulnerable and should shield.

Today’s letter informs me that I am no longer considered to be clinically vulnerable and therefore no longer need to shield.

My underlying conditions have not changed.

This effectively moves me down from group 4 to group 7, so I won’t be getting the jab within the next 2 weeks as I had expected.

To me it just looks like they are reclassifying people so they can achieve the mid Feb target. Obviously they can’t change your age, so they just redefine clinically vulnerable.

16 minutes ago, harlowspider said:

I would be interested to know if anyone else has received a letter from their GP surgery similar to the one I just got.

I’ve been receiving letters and texts since last March advising me that I’m clinically vulnerable and should shield.

Today’s letter informs me that I am no longer considered to be clinically vulnerable and therefore no longer need to shield.

This effectively moves me down from group 4 to group 7, so I won’t be getting the jab within the next 2 weeks as I had expected.

To me it just looks like they are reclassifying people so they can achieve the mid Feb target. Obviously they can’t change your age, so they just redefine clinically vulnerable.

I'd phone my GP for confirmation. I'm sure people were reclassified after the initial wave once the mechanism of the disease was better understood, but it does seem a but late in the day to be doing this now. 

Your GP or relevant clinicians are the only people who have the power to change anything to do with your shielded status - someone somewhere has told the government to do this. I’d question with either your GP or clinic today.

As far as I was aware Group 7 patients still need to shield and should receive the vaccine as a priority. Is it possible you’ve been down under two groupings (fairly normal) and have only been removed from Group 4?

Either way, one for your GP. But to be clear this is something a health expert has done, not the government.

48 minutes ago, harlowspider said:

If that's the case it seems a bit off.

I got a letter the other week as a "clinically extremely vulnerable" patient, but it wasn't about shielding, more about working from home, which doesn't apply to me as I'm not working.

Going by the discussion I was listening to on Radio Ulster this morning we (me, my wife and our Downs daughter) should be getting jagged next month (or March at latest). Just sit tight until the letter arrives.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

The people you mention probably have some talent.

I see you didn’t put yourself forward, but that’s probably for the best. I can’t imagine you have ever done a days work in your life, nor had any type of responsibility.

Oof size: large.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If that's the case it seems a bit off.

I got a letter the other week as a "clinically extremely vulnerable" patient, but it wasn't about shielding, more about working from home, which doesn't apply to me as I'm not working.

Going by the discussion I was listening to on Radio Ulster this morning we (me, my wife and our Downs daughter) should be getting jagged net month (or March at latest). Just sit tight until the letter arrives.

The shielded in Scotland got a text message saying to expect a jag mid Feb.