Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, Paco said:

Terrific news. 60 million on order for the UK, presumably will be asking for approval in the next few weeks.

Slightly less good news is that it shows 50-60% efficacy against the South African variant. Not hard to see why countries have become so concerned about travel.

That variant will be everywhere by now.

I find it slightly disappointing that the SG will be lauded for "hitting its (revised) target" of 560k by the end of the month when it's crystal clear that, with better planning, they could have done much, much more.
I'm going to assume they will continue at the current rate of ~26.5k per day until Sunday, which will leave them roughly 540k (or 38.5k per day) to do in 14 days to meet their target for groups 1-4 by mid February.
EIC and P&J mass centres due to open tomorrow I think she said, so would hope they'd be able to add a good few thousand per day on top of the high level mark of 26 so it may not be as unreachable as it looks.

Lower leagues, Highland League, Lowland etc suspension to continue until 14th Feb.

This was always likely - The SFA reviewing and saying 'crack-on' at the first opportunty, no matter the infection rate, was never on the cards.

Perception is everything. Having extended the suspension once, I'd be willing to bet they'll proceed at the next review on 10th Feb.

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I find it slightly disappointing that the SG will be lauded for "hitting its (revised) target" of 560k by the end of the month when it's crystal clear that, with better planning, they could have done much, much more.

I'm going to assume they will continue at the current rate of ~26.5k per day until Sunday, which will leave them roughly 540k (or 38.5k per day) to do in 14 days to meet their target for groups 1-4 by mid February.

Wifey at the vaccine clinic yesterday told me over 650 wasted doses at the Louisa Jordan through people not turning up to appointments alone. 

10 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

What we need is a “qualified” historian.

Tomas Masaryk dismantled the Habsburg Empire and ran central Europe's only surviving interwar democracy as a professor of philosophy, so it would be worth a shot. Richard Finlay as President for Life of an independent Scotland would get my vote every day of the week.

But by all means continue reifying your beloved lawyer/career politician ruling class like the gormless simp that you are. 

Edited by vikingTON

24 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Freeman now using the historical problems in Barra to cast a shadow over the progress in the rest of the country.

The only place left that more restrictions can be added too.

I despair of these tactics. 

You do not hear her saying Edinburgh and fife are back to levels associated with Level 2.

She just parrots what she's told to say, just like every other minister at Holyrood.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Tomas Masaryk dismantled the Habsburg Empire and ran central Europe's only surviving interwar democracy as a professor of philosophy, so it would be worth a shot. Richard Finlay as President for Life of an independent Scotland would get my vote every day of the week.

But by all means continue reifying your beloved lawyer/career politician ruling class like the gormless simp that you are. 

Richard Finlay is a patriot. 

The people you mention probably have some talent.

I see you didn’t put yourself forward, but that’s probably for the best. I can’t imagine you have ever done a days work in your life, nor had any type of responsibility.

11 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:
27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

EIC and P&J mass centres due to open tomorrow I think she said, so would hope they'd be able to add a good few thousand per day on top of the high level mark of 26 so it may not be as unreachable as it looks.

I don't doubt it's reachable, but we should have achieved more by now that's all i'm saying.

Johnson and Johnson vaccine has an efficacy rate of 66%.

Not great, but good enough as a single shot for the wider public once the priority groups have been given the higher efficacy double shot efforts.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/29/health/johnson-coronavirus-vaccine-results/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

More info there.

Article on the J&J vaccine. Not sure if this has been posted, not kept up. The single dose fucker that doesn't need stored at ridiculous temperatures 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/29/covid-vaccine-johnson-and-johnson/

Edit: ah literally the post above mine 🤦‍♂️ 

20210129_131411.jpg

Edited by madwullie

4 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Not great, but good enough as a single shot for the wider public once the priority groups have been given the higher efficacy double shot efforts.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/29/health/johnson-coronavirus-vaccine-results/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

More info there.

Yeah, probably best aimed at the under 50 group

16 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

The people you mention probably have some talent.

As opposed to clowns like Freeman, who do not. Perhaps Kate Forbes can go back and finally upgrade her MSc in Diaspora and Migration History to reach the 'properly qualified historian' status needed to best run the country then.

I see you didn’t put yourself forward, but that’s probably for the best. I can’t imagine you have ever done a days work in your life, nor had any type of responsibility.

You imagine wrongly as usual. Though safe to say that I wouldn't waste my time and energy patronising the views of confirmed morons like yourself through the democratic process. 

Edited by vikingTON