Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I always thought the same until... 

My kid was sat beside me at the table the other day and said, absolutely out of nowhere having never mentioned anything like it before or having ever - as far as I’m aware - having heard anything like it from me or my wife, that he’d like to buy a pottery wheel and some clay and make something.

Wife picked up her phone five minutes later - guess what she got ads for on Facebook?  Creepy as f**k.

Buy it, then recreate the scene from ghost when the weans in bed/away.

No need to thank me.

It's going to be fucking annoying seeing Tory and SNP leaders circle wanking about bringing down infections when the same phenomena is happening in countries without restrictions or vaccines. 

They might as well proclaim they are putting the leaves back on the trees.

Edited by Detournement

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's going to be fucking annoying seeing Tory and SNP leaders circle wanking about bringing down infections when the same phenomena is happening in countries without restrictions or vaccines. 

nzec_Fy2pOJekDLw_Nr6oYiAJ9jntSiiaszfndy1q7M.jpg

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Blair’s Foundation published the first major paper arguing for spacing out vaccine delivery and focussing on delivering first vaccine doses to as many people as possible. 

yes mr blair may have killed thousands of iraqis, but he also wrote a good article once so it’s impossible to say if he’s bad or not

52 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Are you claiming covids just going away of its own accord

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

yes mr blair may have killed thousands of iraqis, but he also wrote a good article once so it’s impossible to say if he’s bad or not

1500000 Iraqis died in the civil unrest which directly sprang from the war and the mismanagement of its aftermath

Just now, Binos said:

Are you claiming covids just going away of its own accord

It's seasonal.

You can see it's going down in places with very few restrictions such as Florida and Sweden. Cases are dropping in Madrid despite schools and universities being open all through winter and bars being allowed to use inside spaces.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

It's seasonal.

You can see it's going down in places with very few restrictions such as Florida and Sweden. Cases are dropping in Madrid despite schools and universities being open all through winter and bars being allowed to use inside spaces.

It started here in March/April and is ending in Feb this year. 

It peaked in Belgium in October

South Africa has just had a wave in the middle of summer 

Edited by madwullie

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It clearly ended here last summer. There were almost no cases in July.

This is the end of the second wave.

I agree there's a seasonal aspect to it but it's far more complicated than that. Too many places where it peaked in spring, autumn or even summer. 

Defo true about Spain. They've far fewer restrictions than us and cases are dropping like a stone. I'm coming to believe there's little point comparing restrictions across countries as there seems to be far more factors at play than the standard lockdown stuff