Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Johnson has started his speech in Parliament by saying there is no credible route to a zero covid Britain. 

He's then ruined it by saying the 21st of June is the date the government hopes to remove all restrictions, which we all know won't happen. 

so, are we that  confident in the vaccine or can boris just not hold his pish again?

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Johnson has started his speech in Parliament by saying there is no credible route to a zero covid Britain. 

He's then ruined it by saying the 21st of June is the date the government hopes to remove all restrictions, which we all know won't happen. 

England Vs Scotland is 18th of June clearly feart of getting GSTQ getting "booed"

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

Sturgeon said her review "would be broadly similar", but I just can't see it. Johnson's is pretty wide ranging

Imagine the uproar if England is back to normal in June yet most of Scotland is still in Tier 3. 

Just now, Scosha said:

Restrictions on social contact potentially dropped in June. Daft question but does that mean a potential end to social distancing? 

I was wondering the same. Patrick Vallance was saying earlier today that SD should contine into next year. So I'm pretty sunsure

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Restrictions on social contact potentially dropped in June. Daft question but does that mean a potential end to social distancing? 

Given the vaccine programme will still be in full flow, I'd imagine it will still exist as a recommendation but it will be removed from law?

But data, not dates? He even said that, then just started mentioning dates, and 5 weeks between phases. Jeez.

BoZo setting up the binning of social distancing, and the associated sociopaths loving the spotlight. greggy.png

A nice wee two fingers up to the #ZeroCovid nutters at the start of his speech as well. Over to you, Nicola. greggy.png

Edited by Elixir

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Burnieman said:
So can we assume that "you'll have had your furlough" still stands, apart from maybe some targeted areas.

All the vibes are it will be blanket extended for 6 months in next week's budget

In 6 months time there wont be any restrictions at all if you believe Boris.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Given the vaccine programme will still be in full flow, I'd imagine it will still exist as a recommendation but it will be removed from law?

Social distancing isn't in the law anyway (except that businesses have to ensure their premises are COVID secure compliant). The 2 metre rule etc is guidance for individuals.

Edited by Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, true_rover said:
240 admissions in Scotland on 11th January, 60 on the 17th Feb - how much quicker do you want it?

I suppose that is pretty dramatic effect on new admissions. Also highlights just how long people must be kept in OUTWITH ICU given the overall number in hospital are as high.

Some I know of mum went in just before Christmas, she was in icu until last week, week in hdu and now on ward. Rehab from that length time on ventilator will be slow I assume.

Just now, Burnieman said:

In 6 months time there wont be any restrictions at all if you believe Boris.

Remember this is Boris "data not dates" Johnston he is just having one last U turn for fun. Tbh I was expecting some restrictions to last into August (3 weeks after all adults have been offered) but of they can pull this off, I say "bravo"

FFS Boris even managed to get in a mention of variants that evade the vaccines. You know, the ones that we don't know about yet.
As for 5 weeks between phases...get that shite in the sea. I refuse to believe that we will need that long to see the benefits of the vaccine rollout.

The indicative dates are not the main headline here. It's the stated desire to get to the situations described, along with firing the idea of #ZeroCovid into the sun, that matters.

Edited by Todd_is_God