Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, JMDP said:

Always reassuring knowing that no matter how long you leave between visits to this thread @Todd_is_God, @Elixir and @Stormzy will be making utter fools of themselves. 

I've posted in this thread about 4 times in total. 

You actively click on my profile regularly to red dot my posts in various threads and you want to talk about fools?

Mans got a profile picture of an eyewitness account.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/covid-19-in-scotland-you-must-accept-people-will-die-matt-hancock-says-wnx72jbkb

Hancock of all people coming out with this.

Leitch, of course, immediately disagreeing.

Over 100 people died on Scotlands roads in 2020, over a thousand in the last ten years, but we still use cars. We have as a society decided that although people die driving or as a result of being struck by a vehicle that we have reached a stage where banning cars is not acceptable because of the relatively low numbers of deaths.

What we have done is put in place a series of measures, you require a drivers licence, cars are equipped with safety features and we have universal road safety education. We will arrive at a point whereby the same will happen with covid, deaths will lower to a level that is deemed ‘acceptable’ to the public, we have protection from vaccines and we educate the public on how to take safe measures if people we know get covid etc. For Jason Leitch to pontificate ‘oh how many deaths’ etc is Helen Lovejoyesque to the absolute extreme.
Its the same for Alcohol etc too, society has deemed that whilst we can mitigate death through education and other sensible measures some people will die as a result of alcohol abuse and society accepts that there is a level of abuse/misuse but doesnt want to have it banned. Society may not put arbitrary numbers of deaths ‘oh i want driving banned if 300 people die’ but to suggest that we dont take risks with any large numbers of things is nothing short of hysterical nonsense from Leitch, it almost seems political. 

6 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Always reassuring knowing that no matter how long you leave between visits to this thread @Todd_is_God, @Elixir and @Stormzy will be making utter fools of themselves. 

Absolutely no idea who you are, m9. Well, other than a simping sycophant happy to be shuttered in your bedsit until 'Queen Nic' gives you the all clear, with nothing to challenge the debate.

The audacity of clowns like this and that Marshmallo boy whose sum of input to this thread is 'Britz don't care so long as they can get a Chinese in at the weekend!!1'.

Total weirdos, man. 😄

Just now, Elixir said:

other than a simping sycophant happy to be shuttered in your bedsit until 'Queen Nic' gives you the all clear

I live in Spain, mate. Still wait on her giving me the call before I go out though, tbf. 

For anyone interested, the full strategic framework can be found here:

https://t.co/Y63Woi4Ai0?amp=1

Note it includes this:

We appreciate that everyone in Scotland wants to know when things will feel more normal again and what “the new normal” will look like. 

Given the uncertainty that surrounds the virus, no-one can be fully confident about the answers at this stage. But looking to the future, we hope and expect that the vaccination programme will significantly reduce both the morbidity and mortality associated with COVID. New treatments are also emerging and will continue to be 
developed that may further reduce the direct 
harm of COVID. 

In the full course of time, these positive 
developments should mean that COVID no longer poses a serious threat to public health in Scotland. 

However, it is likely that it will still remain a 
public health concern: as a society we are likely to have to live with COVID as a permanent feature. 

And although we may have to make keep some public health measures in place, and be vigilant to the risk of future outbreaks, we can look forward to the general lifting of restrictions. 

Have to be honest and admit I’d  be beyond furious that god bothering scumbags will be free to attend their cults before you’re allowed to meet your pals from different areas of the country. Even outside. You definitely have my sympathies. 

4 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Have to be honest and admit I’d  be beyond furious that god bothering scumbags will be free to attend their cults before you’re allowed to meet your pals from different areas of the country. Even outside. You definitely have my sympathies. 

Rangers and Celtic games are still closed m8

For anyone interested, the full strategic framework can be found here:
https://t.co/Y63Woi4Ai0?amp=1
Note it includes this:
We appreciate that everyone in Scotland wants to know when things will feel more normal again and what “the new normal” will look like. 

Given the uncertainty that surrounds the virus, no-one can be fully confident about the answers at this stage. But looking to the future, we hope and expect that the vaccination programme will significantly reduce both the morbidity and mortality associated with COVID. New treatments are also emerging and will continue to be 
developed that may further reduce the direct 
harm of COVID. 

In the full course of time, these positive 
developments should mean that COVID no longer poses a serious threat to public health in Scotland. 

However, it is likely that it will still remain a 
public health concern: as a society we are likely to have to live with COVID as a permanent feature. 

And although we may have to make keep some public health measures in place, and be vigilant to the risk of future outbreaks, we can look forward to the general lifting of restrictions. 
You seem to have put in bold some fairly obvious statements, it won't be a normal for some time as there are likely to be some forms of global travel restrictions in to and out of a large number of countries for some time and I presume that the public health measures will be having a testing system for any flare ups that happen, similar to that of a flu season and potentially, as Vallance spoke of yesterday, perhaps face masks over winter in certain conditions.

I actually found the document more reassuring than expected in terms of realistic goals and quite optimistic in terms of our slope down to frosty beers in a few short months indoors or outdoors with as many people as you want.

8 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

You seem to have put in bold some fairly obvious statements, it won't be a normal for some time as there are likely to be some forms of global travel restrictions in to and out of a large number of countries for some time and I presume that the public health measures will be having a testing system for any flare ups that happen, similar to that of a flu season and potentially, as Vallance spoke of yesterday, perhaps face masks over winter in certain conditions.

I actually found the document more reassuring than expected in terms of realistic goals and quite optimistic in terms of our slope down to frosty beers in a few short months indoors or outdoors with as many people as you want.

No one wants to know what "the new normal" looks like, as no one wants a "new normal." People want to know what the path to normal looks like, as people living down in England now do.

I'm not comfortable with SG talking about keeping public health measures in place as measures such as mandatory masks and distancing are extraordinary measures that should only be used in extraordinary circumstances, not things that are normalised and can be introduced on a whim.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The plan to open places of worship relatively early, does seem anomalous.  

I fully welcome it, however, due to the annoyance it causes on here among the sort who love referring to 'sky-fairies' as if it's an original construction.

It is piss patter. New atheists have always been missing open goals tho.

Edited by NotThePars