Coronavirus (COVID-19)

40 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Never been without since 1989.

But back then my eyesight was pretty good.

My eyesight has got bad enough even with wearing glasses or contacts I have problems focusing near to far and back so I have to guess most of the time.

Now I'm thinking eventually this is going to go very very wrong.

What would Dryhorce do under these increasingly difficult circumstances?

You're never going to find out unless you increase the type size...

I can see why you’d want vaccine passports for international travel where countries are at varying levels of vaccination. 

I don’t see the point of having them internally in the UK though. There is already a plan for opening things up in place now, no indication it’s for vaccinated people only. By the time things open up enough to need them, most of us will probably have been vaccinated or be at least near the end of the vaccination programme.

The window of need for them is pretty small and I’d be worried this was a data collection exercise rather than something that needs done. 

So Sturgeon plans on bouncing everyone into 'level three' 10 (ten) weeks from now, despite the fact that currently:

- only 7 council areas 'require' the level three threshold

- 8 council areas meet the level two threshold

- 15 council areas meet the level one threshold

- 2 council areas (Orkney and Shetland) meet the level zero threshold

And between now and then infection rates are only naturally going to go one way as winter ends and spring progresses - down.

What a load of utter shit. How are they going to continue justifying this for at least the next two months? Surely not the standard and now dubious 'new, highly infectious variant' mewling.

You know that feeling when you eventually get back into your office post lockdown and you see that a 262-bedroom hotel has been built just along the road in the period since you last visited?

This site was still being cleared and foundations laid when I was last in Edinburgh. Now it's ready to open for business. Unbelievable.

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

So Sturgeon plans on bouncing everyone into 'level three' 10 (ten) weeks from now, despite the fact that currently:

- only 7 council areas 'require' the level three threshold

- 8 council areas meet the level two threshold

- 15 council areas meet the level one threshold

- 2 council areas (Orkney and Shetland) meet the level zero threshold

And between now and then infection rates are only naturally going to go one way as winter ends and spring progresses - down.

What a load of utter shit. How are they going to continue justifying this for at least the next two months? Surely not the standard and now dubious 'new, highly infectious variant' mewling.

When you put it like that then it surely means an entirely new set of levels and criteria?

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

When you put it like that then it surely means an entirely new set of levels and criteria?

It would seem that's the only 'reasoning', but how can they realistically be changed to any meaningful degree?

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

It would seem that's the only 'reasoning', but how can they realistically be changed to any meaningful degree?

Change the meaning of "Level 3" to "Stage 2" and hope no one notices?

Level 2 becomes Stage 3, Level 1 becomes Stage 4, with Level 0 meaning "no restrictions."

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Change the meaning of "Level 3" to "Stage 2" and hope no one notices?

Level 2 becomes Stage 3, Level 1 becomes Stage 4, with Level 0 meaning "no restrictions."

Wouldn't be surprised, tbf. As long as it's branded marginally differently from what the Big Bad Toriezzz in London do and it's a week or two later, everything's barry.

3 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

But surely the 'Monarchy' is a part of 'real life'.

They can flaunt the rules to suit themselves while (most of) the rest of us try to abide by them.

Why would they choose to show off the rules ostentatiously?

Wouldn't they be better just flouting them?