Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Amount of 50-54 year olds (My age group) that apparently have not bothered to turn up is disappointing.  Bad manners if nothing else. 

Official stats show 91.7% vaccinated against 98.1% of 55-59 year olds.

Edited by superbigal

I’m 28 but only got it today due to being an unpaid career (my mum is house bound at the moment as she’s awaiting a double hip replacement, can’t do things for herself). Applied for it ages ago right enough.

1 minute ago, ulysses said:

I’m 28 but only got it today due to being an unpaid career (my mum is house bound at the moment as she’s awaiting a double hip replacement, can’t do things for herself). Applied for it ages ago right enough.

Phoned to chase it up because I applied as an unpaid carer on the 12th of April - apparently they've got up to 4 weeks to give you an appointment, if not then they'll escalate with the local health board.

Not a huge deal but ideally would like it before things really start to open up, if the jag is possibly going to make me feel like Susan Boyle has sat on me for 24 hours I'd rather do it when I don't have firmed up plans, rather than have to reschedule anything.

I had my first jag on Mon - I'm 47 in East Dun. Half my street was there at same time. Can only presume they are combining age brackets and postcodes. 

Phoned to chase it up because I applied as an unpaid carer on the 12th of April - apparently they've got up to 4 weeks to give you an appointment, if not then they'll escalate with the local health board.
Not a huge deal but ideally would like it before things really start to open up, if the jag is possibly going to make me feel like Susan Boyle has sat on me for 24 hours I'd rather do it when I don't have firmed up plans, rather than have to reschedule anything.

Keep checking your emails. I didn’t get a letter, just an email last Thursday. You should hear soon. [emoji1303]

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Admitting you're well aware it posts shite but you were ok posting it to support your argument isn't a great look.

I mean, that would be fair if the content in question wasn't sourced to Government and ONS data. And indeed, other data 'supports' the fact, not argument, that Wales are rolling out their vaccines more efficiently than we are.

New York opening their stadia back up to bigger crowds from May 19th but splitting them up into vaccinated and unvaccinated sections with 100% and 33% capacity respectively. Seems like a massive waste of time when they'll all be queuing up together, in the same concourses, using the same toilets and taking the same public transport home.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2021/05/05/broadway-and-baseball-tickets-to-go-on-sale-as-new-york-reopening-plans-take-shape?cid=id-app15_m-share_s-web_cmp-app_launch_august2020_c-producer_posts_po-organic

Edited by Pie Of The Month

As if you needed additional reasons to go nowhere near fucking Blackpool. jose.png

Posted at 17:09

Blackpool plans testing scheme for hotel guests

Visitors to Blackpool could be asked to take Covid tests at their hotels in a bid to keep outbreaks at bay once the seaside town fully reopens.

The town's council is in talks with local hospitality businesses about rolling out the voluntary tests.

Concerns about the impact of an influx of tourists on case numbers were raised at the authority's audit committee.

The town has often suffered high infection rates throughout the pandemic.

Read more.

24 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I mean, that would be fair if the content in question wasn't sourced to Government and ONS data. And indeed, other data 'supports' the fact, not argument, that Wales are rolling out their vaccines more efficiently than we are.

Leaving aside the gormless nature of the argument that a Tory site is puffing the achievements of, erm, Welsh Labour.

Sometimes it's not all about the SNP. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Leaving aside the gormless nature of the argument that a Tory site is puffing the achievements of, erm, Welsh Labour.

Sometimes it's not all about the SNP. 

Yup. It's almost like all media and news outlets have an agenda that depends on the reader making a judgement on things like bias and trustworthiness. Content referenced to actual data is... less controversial.

'Politics For All' is clearly no different, and it is beyond obvious that for example, it's no supporter of the SNP or Scottish independence, but it has its uses for collecting relevant stories in one place, particularly relating to the pandemic.

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah, Pal who just turned 40 got his letter today too but still waiting on mine and other friend in late 40s hasn't had theirs either. Does seem a bit random at times when people get it.

10 of us 45 - 50 all living in different council areas, 2 have been jagged already (3 and 4 weeks back) and other 8 (including me) still not received a letter or phone call.

31 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

New York opening their stadia back up to bigger crowds from May 19th but splitting them up into vaccinated and unvaccinated sections with 100% and 33% capacity respectively. Seems like a massive waste of time when they'll all be queuing up together, in the same concourses, using the same toilets and taking the same public transport home.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2021/05/05/broadway-and-baseball-tickets-to-go-on-sale-as-new-york-reopening-plans-take-shape?cid=id-app15_m-share_s-web_cmp-app_launch_august2020_c-producer_posts_po-organic

Segregation in the year 2021. Beyond belief.

10 of us 45 - 50 all living in different council areas, 2 have been jagged already (3 and 4 weeks back) and other 8 (including me) still not received a letter or phone call.
Very similar story in South Ayrshire. Me jagged weeks ago, wife still no letter and all bar one of her friends in the same boat. She is a few years younger but falls into the top end of 45-49

Is there any way to keep that hidden from thereisnolight ?

Rather have covid. Quite depressing because Blackpool was a cracking wee place to visit, absolutely horrible now. 

Last there 2005. Never been before and it was horrendous. Worst part was you could see it had just been left to die.