Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For me, we'd need to be getting to something like 1000.

At that point I'd want to see a full lockdown.

I'm moving towards a binary position in that we either fully open or fully lockdown with nothing in between.

All this fannying about in the middle is helping at all.

A reminder that there were over 50,000 excess winter deaths in England and Wales in 2017/18, i.e. that's excluding Scotland and Northern Ireland, and over a third of that was attributed to respiratory viruses - namely influenza.

...and nobody bothered their arse.

This is the ballpark that is acceptable for society to tolerate.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And yet despite all your wittering pish, restrictions continue to be lifted in virtually line with the dates they announced months ago. It might be slower than we want but at least they are pretty much keeping to their word so far.

I notice you conveniently ignore all of that though because it doesn't suit your fucked up, warped brain.

5 weeks til we find out for sure.

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I see you've decided not to wait and went for declaring the outcome weeks ago.

That's why I'm having a go at you.

You'll still be wrong even if 21st June is pushed back precisely because you're calling it now based on nothing but paranoid delusion.

It's easy to predict what is going to happen when you understand how the government are using behavioural science techniques to shape public opinion via different forms of media. 

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's easy to predict what is going to happen when you understand how the government are using behavioural science techniques to shape public opinion via different forms of media. 

Which would be why you've claimed that foreign holidays wouldn't happen twelve and a couple of months ago and are running at 2/2 wrong with that one champ.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Who's going on holiday?

Tourists, leaving UK airports. 

Presumably the waves containing that basic information are the only thing being successfully deflected by your tinfoil helmet so far.

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Tourists, leaving UK airports. 

Presumably the waves containing that basic information are the only thing being successfully deflected by your tinfoil helmet so far.

Foreign tourism is probably down 99% over the last 12 months. British citizens are barred from the vast majority of tourist destinations. 

I don't think I was wrong on that prediction. 

Edited by Detournement

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Foreign tourism is probably down 99% over the last 12 months. British citizens are barred from the vast majority of tourist destinations. 

I don't think I was wrong on that prediction. 

It's May 17 and destinations are already opening their arms to British holidaymakers M8. It's probably best that you just sit this one out and suck up your latest L. 

7 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The hospital number has somewhat plateaued latterly so Covid admissions and discharges must be at a similar rate. In the week to 11th May 63 patients were admitted to hospital with confirmed Covid 19.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

Decided to have a look at hospital admissions in this wave. 

Highest single day admission was 241 on the 11th January.

I'm always wary of single day figures so looking at the 7 day averages.

In the week to the 11th January the 7 day average was 196.9 per day.

In the week to the 11th February the 7 day average was 92.1 per day.

In the week to 11th March the 7 day average was 34.6 per day.

In the week to 11th April the 7 day average was 17.9 per day.

In the week to 11th May the 7 day average was 9/day.

On 3rd and 4th May the 7 day average was 7 per day so that will suit some who wish to be cautious and point out there is a small increase from 7 to 9 per day on average over the last week or so but given where we were in January there is a very impressive decrease.

In mid January the number of ICU admissions peaked at a 7 day average of 16.4 per day. It is currently 0.7 per day.

Hospital and ICU Covid admissions

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

On 3rd and 4th May the 7 day average was 7 per day so that will suit some who wish to be cautious and point out there is a small increase from 7 to 9 per day on average over the last week or so but given where we were in January there is a very impressive decrease.
In mid January the number of ICU admissions peaked at a 7 day average of 16.4 per day. It is currently 0.7 per day.

Those hospital numbers have fairly dropped over the past few months. Any idea what's caused it?

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Those hospital numbers have fairly dropped over the past few months. Any idea what's caused it?

We can't be sure. 😀

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'd hazard a guess that the drop in numbers is due to fewer people being admitted.

HTH

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Shut up Sean you complete wet wipe. Stay in the house if you’re so terrified, and let the rest of us go back to the ‘genuine normal’.

Sean? Surely that's 2 women in the pic?! But aye Sean just continue to be afraid of your own shadow 

Edited by Thereisalight..